For Beatlemania

For Beatlemania

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Mar 07

Here are some of the titles to different articles....

How could a loving God flood the earth and kill so many people?

Where was God on September 11, 2001?

Don't Blame God! A Biblical Answer to the Problem of Evil, Sin and Suffering

The Problem With Blaming God

Darwin’s Dilemma

God: Consistent With His Nature

Must Satan Ask God’s Permission To Do Evil?

Does God Permit Evil?

Is God A Murderer?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
27 Mar 07

Originally posted by checkbaiter

Darwin’s Dilemma

Does God Permit Evil?

Is God A Murderer?
And here is something to think about that these indoctornated idiots apparently haven't realised yet.

God is (apparently) an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omnipresent entity which can't handle evil in its presence, which is everywhere, all the time. Thus, evil should exist nowhere at any time.

Unless, of course, some (or all) of those omnis aren't true.

A
Checkmate 2 U!

Checkmating you!

Moves
27 Mar 07

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
A list of questions for Acemaster who claims there is no scientific evidence in this thread (Remember Acemaster, assertions will not be accepted unless they can be backed up by facts and at least a passing reading of Thread 40560 is assumed):

- Is Evolution occuring at the current time? Has it been observed?
- If the Earth is 10,000 year ...[text shortened]... cted (I've seen all the arguments by now).

PS. Read the referenced thread, all 3000 posts.
TO ALL:

If I answer one post and not another, forgive me. I don't have enough time to answer them all at the same time. I'll try to get back to them. If and when this thread exceeds 20 pages, please start another thread if I don't first. If I don't understand something, forgive me again. I'm no scientist.

I'm sorry, but I'm not reading 3000 posts because you want me to. You probably expected that.

1. Specify which type of evolution you mean. There are 6 types.
2. I think this means "Why do they radioactive dating methods say differently?". If it does: Those dating systems don't work. They have dated live animals and freshly dead animals at millions of years old.
3. The sun. The sun is a star, and stars shrink until they blow up. If they sun is shrinking, then a couple million years ago, it would be so big that it would burn up the earth very, very quickly.
4. ??? 😕
5. There was more oxygen then, and since lizards never stop growing, they grew very, VERY BIG!!!! 🙂
6. I don't know how much oxygen there was then.
7. Sorry. I think you reffering to when I said dating methods ranged to 300 bil. I meant mil.
8. Yes.

Good for you!

NO!!!

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
27 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Acemaster
TO ALL:

If I answer one post and not another, forgive me. I don't have enough time to answer them all at the same time. I'll try to get back to them. If and when this thread exceeds 20 pages, please start another thread if I don't first. If I don't understand something, forgive me again. I'm no scientist.

I'm sorry, but I'm not reading 3000 posts b aid dating methods ranged to 300 bil. I meant mil.
8. Yes.

Good for you!

NO!!!
1. Specify which type of evolution you mean. There are 6 types.

No. There is just one type.

2. I think this means "Why do they radioactive dating methods say differently?". If it does: Those dating systems don't work. They have dated live animals and freshly dead animals at millions of years old.

You can date something using a technique which in inapplicable, and it'll give you a stupid answer. For example, trying to use K-K dating on a 20 year old rock won't work. It's the equivalent of trying to measure the breadth of a single human hair with a metre stick.

However, when the right technique is applied radioactive dating is very effective, yielding answers with errors of ~2%. Zhang (2004) recently compiled data from a half dozen studied measuring the age of the oldest rocks on the planet. Using 7 different techniques, they all independently yielded answers within a couple of % of each other, at around 4.53 byo.

3. The sun. The sun is a star, and stars shrink until they blow up. If they sun is shrinking, then a couple million years ago, it would be so big that it would burn up the earth very, very quickly.

Whatever gave you that strange idea?

5. There was more oxygen then, and since lizards never stop growing, they grew very, VERY BIG!!!! 🙂

I think you need to do a course on the anatomy of reptilian hip joints.

6. I don't know how much oxygen there was then.

Around 30% during the Carboniferous (this was when coal was laid down). Wet vegetation would burn under these conditions.

7. Sorry. I think you reffering to when I said dating methods ranged to 300 bil. I meant mil.

Some methods can go back considerably further than that.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
27 Mar 07

TO ALL:

I'm sorry, but I'm not reading 3000 posts b ...[text shortened]... aid dating methods ranged to 300 bil. I meant mil.
8. Yes.

Good for you!

NO!!!
Scott, has basically asked the followup questions I would have done. Also note that I don't see a single reference in your post. No scientific articles showing that the Sun is shrinking or that this can be used to measure the age of the Earth (this is a ludicrous idea that is so out there I haven't heard it yet) or that Dinosaurs (despite all the evidence to the contrary) are nothing but really big lizards (hint: they are completely different despite the fact that the name means fierce lizard).

And you also showed that you have no idea what you are talking about. 6 types of Evolution? There's 1, not two (macro and micro are nothing but human constructs) and certainly not six.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
27 Mar 07

Originally posted by checkbaiter

Darwin’s Dilemma

Does God Permit Evil?

Is God A Murderer?
The only one that is more than slightly relevant is the one I mentioned "Darwin's Dilemma" and it uses refuted arguments. Nice source there buddy.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
29 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by scottishinnz
[b]1. Specify which type of evolution you mean. There are 6 types.

No. There is just one type.

You can date something using a te to 300 bil. I meant mil.[/b]

Some methods can go back considerably further than that.[/b]

Thought I'd come back to this one, as I saw this on a NASA website

"Myth: Sun is Shrinking
The Sun is shrinking at five feet per year. Considering the temperature of the Sun, how would the average temperature of the Earth be affected by increasing the size of the Sun by 5 million feet per million years? If we went back say, one million, ten million, or a hundred million years?

It is incorrect to say that the Sun is shrinking and it has been since the "creation" of the Universe. The Sun is not shrinking at a consistent rate. The data that were used to derive that were both wrong and misinterpreted. See the Skeptic Friends Network.

Dr. Eric Christian"

And the link to the Skeptic Friends Network

http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/showquestion.asp?faq=4&fldAuto=21

A
Checkmate 2 U!

Checkmating you!

Moves
29 Mar 07

[b]3. The sun. The sun is a star, and stars shrink until they blow up. If they sun is shrinking, then a couple million years ago, it would be so big that it would burn up the earth very, very quickly.

Thought I'd come back to this one, as I saw this on a NASA website

"Myth: Sun is Shrinking
The Sun is shrinking at five feet per year. Cons ...[text shortened]... ic Friends Network

http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/showquestion.asp?faq=4&fldAuto=21[/b]
The sun is shrinking at about 40 million miles a day. Give me the link to the NASA website and I'll check it out.

A
Checkmate 2 U!

Checkmating you!

Moves
29 Mar 07

And you also showed that you have no idea what you are talking about. 6 types of Evolution? There's 1, not two (macro and micro are nothing but human constructs) and certainly not six.[/b]
I don't remember all the names. When I find out, I'm sure that you'll be the first to know.

d
Day Dreamer

Grace Idaho

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by beatlemania
[b]evolution or atheism is for anyone gullible or preverted enough to believe all the lies and false accusations they make

Would you like to describe the lies and false accusations present in atheism and [the theory of] Evolution? In detail if you please.

Include such information as:
- Is (weak/strong) ag ...[text shortened]... bserved (any scale)?
- What is the moon made of?
and so on.

So beatlemania, let's hear it.[/b]
Did GOD Create Everything That Exists?

--- The German university professor challenged his students.
A student bravely replied, “Yes, he did!”
“God created everything?” the professor asked.
“Yes sir,” the student replied.

The professor answered, “If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are, then God is evil” The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.
“Another student raised his hand and said.” Can I ask you a question, professor?
“Of course,” Replied the professor.
The student stood up and asked, “Professor does cold exist?”
“The professor replied, “Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?”

“The students snickered at the young man’s question.
“The young man replied, “In fact, sir cold dose not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat. Cold dose not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat.”
“The student continued: “Professor, dose darkness exists?”
“The professor responded, “Of course it dose.”
“The student replied, “Once again you are wrong sir. Darkness dose not exists either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton’s prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wave lengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn’t this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present.”

“Finally the young man asked the professor, “Sir does evil exist? Now uncertain, the professor responded “Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man’s inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.”
To this the student replied, “Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a world that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God’s love present in his heart. It’s like the cold that comes when no heat is present or the darkness that comes when there is no light.”
The professor sat down.
The young man’s name ---- Albert Einstein

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
29 Mar 07

The sun is shrinking at about 40 million miles a day. Give me the link to the NASA website and I'll check it out.
The sun's diameter is only 870,000 miles. Which means, if you are correct that it'll vanish in about 15 minutes, plus, of course, 8 minutes for the light to reach us.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by dundee24
Did GOD Create Everything That Exists?

--- The German university professor challenged his students.
A student bravely replied, “Yes, he did!”
“God created everything?” the professor asked.
“Yes sir,” the student replied.

The professor answered, “If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the pri ...[text shortened]... there is no light.”
The professor sat down.
The young man’s name ---- Albert Einstein
Drivel.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
29 Mar 07
1 edit

The sun's diameter is only 870,000 miles. Which means, if you are correct that it'll vanish in about 15 minutes, plus, of course, 8 minutes for the light to reach us.
I'm on the nighttime side of the planet, be sure to let me know in a few minutes if everything goes dark over there. I don't want to wait to notice the cold.

EDIT: Is it getting dark yet Louis?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
I'm on the nighttime side of the planet, be sure to let me know in a few minutes if everything goes dark over there. I don't want to wait to notice the cold.

EDIT: Is it getting dark yet Louis?
Not yet, but I guess we've got a few more minutes left.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
29 Mar 07

Not yet, but I guess we've got a few more minutes left.
So are you dead or did we survive that apocalypse just barely?