1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 20:485 edits
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I'm afraid Leviticus 18:22 shoots that point down, ToO. "you shall not lie witha amale as with a woman. It is an abomination." Nothing there about consenting adults, hetero- or homo-. Now I agree, it's a forgiveable sin, as are all the others you mentioned (divorce, gluttony, avarice, etc), but a sin nonetheless. Good thing we're all saved by grace, through faith in Jesus, or we would all be in a mess, would we not?
    Are there any Christians that observe all of Levitacal Law? Do you? If not, why not?

Jesus did not support all that is contained in the Old Testament. Follow the teachings of Jesus. The truth will make you free.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 21:54
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I have to wonder if you still didn't understand the meaning of my posts. However, it seems more likely that you are "playing dumb".

Fascinating how so many resort to a stream of accusations, name-calling and misrepresentations when light is shined on their bigotry and hypocrisy. Evidently it's your only defense.

Follow the teachings of Jesus. The truth will make you free.
    yeh, free from nonsense like what you promulgate!
  3. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 22:25

Those who follow the Bible instead of the teachings of Jesus s
    Is there an other place I can learn the teachings of Jesus I didn't know of?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 23:021 edit
    Originally posted by Sushill
    lol, i was thinking the same myself, mmmmm🙂
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 00:063 edits
    Originally posted by Sushill
    The Bible contains the teachings of Jesus. However, it also contains the teachings of many others that do not necessarily coincide with them. For instance, many seem to supercede the teachings of Jesus with the Old Testament or the teachings of Paul. Unfortunately, this keeps them from hearing the words of Jesus.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 00:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeh, free from nonsense like what you promulgate!
    Alas, it is your only defense.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 01:57
    Alas, it is your only defense.
    any defence against insanity is surely a sound one, your arguments were so pitifully weak and contradictory that i gave up trying to reason and just resorted to dogma the same as you, i know it was foolish bringing myself to this level, but alas i am a human being, not a god like you, oh immortal one, decider of morality, able to distinguish between what should be in the bible and what should not, like a modern day Constantine you should be styled after that one, thinkofone the great, his most illustrious holy Eminence, the infallible one shall be your name! why you look upon us mere mortals is a wonder in itself!
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 02:192 edits
    any defence against insanity is surely a sound one, your arguments were so pitifully weak and contradictory that i gave up trying to reason and just resorted to dogma the same as you, i know it was foolish bringing myself to this level, but alas i am a human being, not a god like you, oh immortal one, decider of morality, able to distinguish between ...[text shortened]... the infallible one shall be your name! why you look upon us mere mortals is a wonder in itself!
    It seems you support the ostracization of gays but do not support the ostracization of those who have divorced for reasons other than infidelity and remarried, those who have married those who divorced for reasons other than infidelity, those who are gluttons, greedy, etc. For gays you state, "standards are clearly defined in scripture and as a consequence if anyone does not want to abide by those standards then they are bringing ostracism upon themselves", but evidently you don't support the ostracization of others who do not live up to the "standards...clearly defined in scripture. You use the Bible to support the ostracization of one group while treating other groups differently. It seems that for you, the Bible is a weapon to further your bigotry and hypocisy.

What I did was shine light on your bigotry and hypocrisy to which you responded with a stream of accusations, name-calling and misrepresentations. A stream which you continue.

From what I can tell, you just don't like being shown for what you are.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 03:213 edits
    It seems you support the ostracization of gays but do not support the ostracization of those who have divorced for reasons other than infidelity and remarried, those who have married those who divorced for reasons other than infidelity, those who are gluttons, greedy, etc. For gays you state, "standards are clearly defined in scripture and as a consequen ch you continue.

From what I can tell, you just don't like being shown for what you are.
    do you pass judgment on me oh immortal one, alas if you had taken the time to read the post you would understand that i support only one reason for divorce that being infidelity, one and only one, there are many grounds for separation your holiness, but only one for divorce, do you understand this? in the same way, greediness and gluttony are also condemned your grace, there is no distinction, do you understand this? , there is no distinction, also the acts of homosexuality are one and the same, there is no distinction your eminence, do you understand this, no distinction, therefore it is inconceivable that you should assert that there is, do you understand this, do you know what you are saying or I am not making it clear, LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU AGAIN, THERE IS NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN THOSE WHO DIVORCE WITHOUT A SCRIPTURAL REASON, THE SAME AS THERE IS NO DISTINCTION FOR THOSE WHO PRACTICE GLUTTONY THE SAME AS THOSE WHO PRACTICE HOMOSEXUALITY, do you comprehend? they are all equally condemned in the case of willful sin, if however someone commits such, and they are truly repentant and demonstrate this by changing their actions, then as a christian i am under duress to forgive them, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS? it is not i who condemn them, but the scriptures, but you would not know this, and even if you did read it, you would determine that it was written by someone who contradicts your own reasoning and dismiss it, for you are a god, greater than the ancient servants of god, able to reason better than Paul himself!
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 03:29
    do you pass judgment on me oh immortal one, alas if you had taken the time to read the post you would understand that i support only one reason for divorce that being infidelity, one and only one, there are many grounds for separation your holiness, but only one for divorce, do you understand this? in the same way, greediness and gluttony are also c ...[text shortened]... ng their actions, then as a christian i am under duress to forgive them, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?
    I fully understand that you support only one reason for divorce - infidelity. If your reading comprehension skills were better, you'd understand this. As evidenced by your latest post, your writing skills are none too good either. You seem to be ranting rather aimlessly.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 03:34
    I fully understand that you support only one reason for divorce - infidelity. If your reading comprehension skills were better, you'd understand this. As evidenced by your latest post, your writing skills are none too good either. You seem to be ranting rather aimlessly.
    even water, if it drips on stone with constancy, may eventually make some indentation and progress 😀
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 03:39
    even water, if it drips on stone with constancy, may eventually make some indentation and progress 😀
    We can only hope that your reading and writing skills make progress in time.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 03:43
    We can only hope that your reading and writing skills make progress in time.
    lol, that's rich coming from someone who writes, 'none too good', perhaps inept, or in an artless manner, or incompetently or anything other than 'none too good', and i would have taken your point seriously, as it is, you've blown it! lol
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 04:051 edit
    lol, that's rich coming from someone who writes, 'none too good', perhaps inept, or in an artless manner, or incompetently or anything other than 'none too good', and i would have taken your point seriously, as it is, you've blown it! lol
    It's remarkable how little there is to distinguish between you, jaywill, knightmeister, et al.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 12:50
    It's remarkable how little there is to distinguish between you, jaywill, knightmeister, et al.
    he he, i would normally take that as a compliment, especially in the case of jaywill, for he is an individual who at least attempts to understand and base his perspective on scriptural reasoning albeit desperately in some circumstances when hard pressed with conflicting evidence, but alas i am a poor sinner and he and you, 'saved ones', pray for me that i may find favour in the eyes of God and he may pass over my transgression! actually i do like you as well, despite the remarks, i just like to debate and have a little fun in the process!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree