for the Bible tells me so

for the Bible tells me so

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
23 Nov 08

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
The Bible contains the teachings of Jesus. However, it also contains the teachings of many others that do not necessarily coincide with them. For instance, many seem to supercede the teachings of Jesus with the Old Testament or the teachings of Paul. Unfortunately, this keeps them from hearing the words of Jesus.
This doesn't answer my question. Where else can I learn about the teachings of Jesus?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
23 Nov 08

Originally posted by Sushill
This doesn't answer my question. Where else can I learn about the teachings of Jesus?
I'll help you out, my brotha. I've been voted most likely to send one to hell so I am well qualified.

T

Moves
23 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Sushill
Good one.

Here's a condensed source with many of His teachings:

http://www.angelfire.com/co/JeffersonBible/

P

weedhopper

Moves
24 Nov 08

Are there any Christians that observe all of Levitacal Law? Do you? If not, why not?

Jesus did not support all that is contained in the Old Testament. Follow the teachings of Jesus. The truth will make you free.
Hey, I'm not saying that we should obey the Levitical law. Just pointing out that the Bible DOES indeed have something to say about homosexual activity, regardless of whether or not it is between 2 consenting adults. And that "something" is, it's a sin.

T

Moves
24 Nov 08
2 edits

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Hey, I'm not saying that we should obey the Levitical law. Just pointing out that the Bible DOES indeed have something to say about homosexual activity, regardless of whether or not it is between 2 consenting adults. And that "something" is, it's a sin.
Your position is confusing. If Levitical Law doesn't need to be obeyed, how can it be a sin?

Do you believe the following is considered a sin? If not, why so with the verse on homsexual activity?

Leviticus 19:27
"You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard."

rc

Moves
24 Nov 08

Your position is confusing. If Levitical Law doesn't need to be obeyed, how can it be a sin?

Here's one that Christians don't seem to observe and remain unrepentant about.

Leviticus 19:27
"You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard."
because oh great one, even though Christians are not under duress with regard to the mosaic law, the principles in the law still stand, therefore we don't steal, we don't kill or murder, are not insolent to our parents etc etc, all principles established in the law and equality binding in Christians, oh yeah i nearly forgot nor do we mess about with the sewer of the body!

T

Moves
24 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
because oh great one, even though Christians are not under duress with regard to the mosaic law, the principles in the law still stand, therefore we don't steal, we don't kill or murder, are not insolent to our parents etc etc, all principles established in the law and equality binding in Christians, oh yeah i nearly forgot nor do we mess about with the sewer of the body!
Do you "round off the side-growth of your heads [or] harm the edges of your beard"?

Do you "wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together"?

You continue to show your hypocrisy borne of bigotry.

rc

Moves
24 Nov 08

Do you "round off the side-growth of your heads [or] harm the edges of your beard"?

Do you "wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together"?

You continue to show your hypocrisy borne of bigotry.
yuk yuk yuk, what are the principles involved and we can easily deem whether they are binding on Christians, please note this word, principles, it may have evaded you in the past, yuk yuk yuk

T

Moves
24 Nov 08
1 edit

yuk yuk yuk, what are the principles involved and we can easily deem whether they are binding on Christians, please note this word, [b]principles, it may have evaded you in the past, yuk yuk yuk[/b]
You proven that there's little point in discussing anything with someone as bigoted and hypocritical as you.

Perhaps some day, you'll come to know the teachings of Jesus.

rc

Moves
24 Nov 08

You proven that there's little point in discussing anything with someone as bigoted and hypocritical as you.

Perhaps some day, you'll come to know the teachings of Jesus.
its just as well i don't take anything you say seriously, otherwise i may ask you to explain, 1. why you have judged me bigoted when Christ teaches that one should not judge, and 2. why i am a hypocrite when you have a tropical rain forest in your eye but i a mere straw! yukety yukety yuk!

Cape Town

Moves
24 Nov 08

its just as well i don't take anything you say seriously, otherwise i may ask you to explain, 1. why you have judged me bigoted when Christ teaches that one should not judge, and 2. why i am a hypocrite when you have a tropical rain forest in your eye but i a mere straw! yukety yukety yuk!
He has not judged you, he has merely pointed out an obvious fact.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Nov 08

yuk yuk yuk, what are the principles involved and we can easily deem whether they are binding on Christians, please note this word, [b]principles, it may have evaded you in the past, yuk yuk yuk[/b]
Why don't you tell us what the principles are and why you feel that you are not required to follow them.

rc

Moves
24 Nov 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
He has not judged you, he has merely pointed out an obvious fact.
if i may mimic the style of Palynka and state,

pathetic

baseless assertion!

rc

Moves
24 Nov 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
Why don't you tell us what the principles are and why you feel that you are not required to follow them.
what are you talking about, you are clearly quite delusional now, what principles in regard to what, not required to follow what? duh?

Cape Town

Moves
24 Nov 08

what are you talking about, you are clearly quite delusional now, what principles in regard to what, not required to follow what? duh?
It was you that claimed there were principles. Looks like you are going with your usual 'descend into madness' routine that you use when you have no answer to a question.