1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    22 Jun '09 16:46
    An older friend of mine is suffering from alzhiemer's. In a few short years his memory and perception of reality have dissolved. I only see him once a year or so and the degradation is remarkable. We were talking about Engineering, he paused, and suddenly said, "I used to be an Engineer didn't I?". I couldn't help shedding a tear.

This gradual erosion of his mind will continue until he is a shadow of his former self, his reality distilled down to a handful of fragmentary memories and perceptions.

He was a devout Christian and always encouraged me to explore religion and find a spiritual path through life. Now, religion is a non-entity to him, he's lost in his own mind.

When he passes, will he see God or will his inabilty to conceptualize God/Jesus thrust his soul into the void.

Personally, I can't imagine any God denying such a good man a seat at the table. However, I know he'd like to debate the question.
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    22 Jun '09 17:05
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    An older friend of mine is suffering from alzhiemer's. In a few short years his memory and perception of reality have dissolved. I only see him once a year or so and the degradation is remarkable. We were talking about Engineering, he paused, and suddenly said, "I used to be an Engineer didn't I?". I couldn't help shedding a tear.

This gradual e ...[text shortened]... g such a good man a seat at the table. However, I know he'd like to debate the question.
    My faith is with him. I'll pray for him.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 03:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 03:14
    I will light an incense stick for him.

His condition raises many ehical/spiritual/societal queastions
    nice food for thought.
    Will get bak to you after contmplating the matter further.
    peace
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 04:261 edit
    What does the bible say about forgetting religion?
  6. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 16:22

This gradual e ...[text shortened]... g such a good man a seat at the table. However, I know he'd like to debate the question.
    Since it is not by his choice that he is no longer able to remember God, I do not see why he would be denied. He did not willing choose to forget, so he cannot be faulted.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 18:391 edit

This gradual e g such a good man a seat at the table. However, I know he'd like to debate the question.
    A born again Christian is not exempt from many of the physical ailments which plague all mankind. But the regenerated spirit is never hurt by these. The new birth is deeper than the mind.

If the man knew Jesus he will be alright. All will be resurrected and healed and glorified. If he knew Jesus he will continue to know the Lord forever.

Why don't you ask him to tell you something about Jesus ? See what he says.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 18:521 edit

This gradual e g such a good man a seat at the table. However, I know he'd like to debate the question.
    Personally, I can't imagine any God denying such a good man a seat at the table. However, I know he'd like to debate the question.

When I was in highschool I used to do garden work for an elderly couple. The old woman was rather spry but her husband was a total invalid who could hardly speak, very old.

She was a strong witnessing Christian and I did not like to hear her talk. But sometimes talk she did, about Jesus.

On the day he died I did not want to go cut their grass because I thought she might be grieving. Somehow I had to go anyway. On the contrary she was in good spirits. I will never forget what she told me. In a nutshell this is what she said as we sat on some old bench.

"Last night my husband died. He is with the angels now. Before we went to bed we prayed a prayer in German." Then I think she uttered the prayer in German and then translated it for me:

"Lord God here I stand before you clothed in the blood of Christ, my ONLY righteousness, my only covering before You."

That is all I remember. But I never forgot it. Latter on in my life I found out what that prayer meant. And now with peace in my whole being when I die I can also say:

"Lord Jesus, here I stand before the throne of God, the blood of Christ my only righteousness, my only covering before You."

It means that I have traded in my sinful past history and stand before the Holy God in Christ my Savior. God sees me as He sees His Son who died and rose for me, Jesus Christ my Lord.

I stand upon Christ my only merit. I know no other stand. And in Him I possess the gift of eternal redemption and eternal life.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 18:58

More likely than not, his soul will be thrust into the void.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 19:29
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Don't believe Scribbles.

What happened to this man if he received Jesus Christ as his Lord is deeper than the human soul.

This temporary tabernacle of a being for the Christian will be swallowed up in eternal life.

"For also, we who are in this tabbernacle groan, being burdened, in that we do not desire to be unclothed, but clothed upon, that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now He who has wroght us for this very thing is God, who has given to us the Spirit as a pledge."

The Holy Spirit is a pledge planted deep within the human being. Altsheimer's desease cannot remove Him. Old age cannot destroy him.

Christ is the resurrection and the life. And death will be swallowed up in victory.

Don't listen to Dr. Scribbles in this. Listen to the New Testament instead.

"And when the corruptible will put on incorruption and this mortal will put on immortality, then the word which is written will come to pass, Death has been swallowed up unto victory.

Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" (1 Cor. 15:54,55)

If that man was a Christian, HandofHecate, and told you about the salvation of Jesus, you follow him to trust in Jesus.

You and him, if you are both saved, will see each other again and rejoice in the victory over death and old age and altsheimer's desease, and sin and everything else.

He who believes on Him will not be put to shame.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 20:06
    Well I don't believe anybody is saved before they die, but Jaywill you seem like a pretty nice person, are you a Christian or what?
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 22:29
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Well I don't believe anybody is saved before they die, but Jaywill you seem like a pretty nice person, are you a Christian or what?
    I confess that I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
  13. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '09 23:32
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I don't think his soul will be thrust into anything.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Jun '09 01:38
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I don't think his soul will be thrust into anything.
    What soul? 😀

[trying to win the smart-arse competition...]
  15. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    24 Jun '09 02:07
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    What soul? 😀

[trying to win the smart-arse competition...]
    Keep trying.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree