Forgetting Religion

Forgetting Religion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jun 09

Originally posted by Raven69
Keep trying.
please dont encourage him

s

At the Revolution

Moves
24 Jun 09

Originally posted by jaywill
I confess that I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
Thank you for that information.

Unfortunately, we will have to kill you now.

Signed, the NSA

d

Moves
24 Jun 09

Humans have souls.

d

Moves
24 Jun 09

What's the NSA?

P

Moves
24 Jun 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Humans have souls.
What's a soul?

d

Moves
24 Jun 09

The Spiritual "side" of you so to speak, it lets you reason, and helps judge between good and bad.

P

Moves
24 Jun 09

Originally posted by daniel58
The Spiritual "side" of you so to speak, it lets you reason, and helps judge between good and bad.
That's a pretty vague definition.

So basically you consider the "soul" to be the "brain". How do you define someone or something that has or doesn't have a soul?

If someone is schizophrenic and can't reason, do they not have a soul or have an inferior one?

If someone is a sociopath and lacks a conscience so doesn't see good and bad as the rest of society does - does that mean they don't have a soul?

TL

Moves
25 Jun 09

I look at it like this. we have a lamp and a light from the bulb in the lamp. If the lamp is destroyed the light continunes. If the the body is destroyed (the lamp). The soul (the light) continues. I soul has the seat of consciousness so there will be no problem in it recognizing God

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by Thomas Lavery
I look at it like this. we have a lamp and a light from the bulb in the lamp. If the lamp is destroyed the light continunes. If the the body is destroyed (the lamp). The soul (the light) continues. I soul has the seat of consciousness so there will be no problem in it recognizing God
How is that analogy appropriate ?
How could " ...the lamp is destroyed the light continunes" make sense ? Is there a lamp you know of which if destroyed allows the light to continue ?

TL

Moves
25 Jun 09

your right. I was thinking of the old oil lamps.

P

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by Thomas Lavery
your right. I was thinking of the old oil lamps.
Well, if an oil lamp is destroyed the fire continues and burns the house down 🙂

Ok...we can move on from deconstructing your analogy.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Well, if an oil lamp is destroyed the fire continues and burns the house down 🙂

Ok...we can move on from deconstructing your analogy.
Probably a better analogy would be helium gas in a baloon.
The gas remains after the baloon pops although in a dissipated form and cannot easily be seen or identified unless you have the tools or knowhow to do so.

P

Moves
25 Jun 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Probably a better analogy would be helium gas in a baloon.
The gas remains after the baloon pops although in a dissipated form and cannot easily be seen or identified unless you have the tools or knowhow to do so.
What are the specific tools to detect the soul in its dissipated form?

If I breathe in a soul will my voice change pitch?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
25 Jun 09

I saw a story on Discovery Channel or similar station about a guy who got in a car wreck. The brain was dashed against the skull, and was cut in the front [like a lobotomy?!].

The injury made him callous and indifferent to other people, including his wife and kids. The wife tried not to give up on him, but her will faded and she was contemplating a divorce.

So, for those who believe that humans actually have souls - would you say that this man's soul was changed by the accident?

d

Moves
25 Jun 09

No the soul is not the brain, A dead person cannot think, the person has to have a soul to be alive.