How about a piety contest?

With extra points for:
    -Snobbishness
    -Condescension
    -Wordiness/Windiness of posts
    -Boasting and other blatant self-promotion
    -Shameless Hypocrisy
    Yuk, A World Class Whining Expert.

Don't you get enough gaming with an occasional good chess competition?
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 00:23
    Originally posted by 667joe
    It seems to me that the only person who can forgive a sin is the person who as sinned against. To think that Jesus can forgive a sinner is hogwash!
    So you can't go to Heaven unless somebody, forgives you? What if they don't do you have to go to Hell then?
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 04:21
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Then there are those who gloss over thier sins by doing something else "good".

Your working in the soup kitchen today will not wash away your fornication, thefts, lyings, and other sins of yesterday. It may feed some people, which is good.

But for some you feed that will just mean that they will be damned on a full stomach.

So we labor also to teach the Gospel of grace so they also may be forgiven.
    Hmmm! So you have some actual knowledge of Nemesio's fornications, thefts, lying, etc.?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 07:24

Your working in the soup kitchen today will not wash away your fornication, thefts, lyings, and other sins of yesterday. It may feed some people, which is good.

But for some you feed that will just mean that they will be damned on a full stomach.

oh,this is the thread you ressurected.
    Sorry about any misunderstanding, I thought it interesting and thopught-provoking,thnx
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 16:32
    Originally posted by daniel58
    How about not.
    Killjoy.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 16:41
    Yuk, A World Class Whining Expert.

Don't you get enough gaming with an occasional good chess competition?
    Do you not see the inherent entertainment value in such a competition? It would be great. No reason that Atheists can't join in, either. While we can't be pious in a technical sense, we can still score points in most of the categories listed.

The funny thing is, if we held it, you'd end up entering whether you wanted to or not. You can't resist the urge to jump in and sermonize. It would be like a chocolate cake in a fridge calling to a weak-willed dieter.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 21:48
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Do you not see the inherent entertainment value in such a competition? It would be great. No reason that Atheists can't join in, either. While we can't be pious in a technical sense, we can still score points in most of the categories listed.

The funny thing is, if we held it, you'd end up entering whether you wanted to or not. You can't resist the ur ...[text shortened]... nd sermonize. It would be like a chocolate cake in a fridge calling to a weak-willed dieter.
    Hey, no more cracks about sermonizing.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 22:00
    Hey, no more cracks about sermonizing.
    Cracks? Plural? I count one crack so far. 😵
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 22:191 edit
    Cracks? Plural? I count one crack so far. 😵
    Don't blow your chances at becomming part of something really great, which is garuanteed to be victorious.

That is the bringing the kingdom of Christ and of God. He is called in the prophet Haggai "the desire of the nations".

In these last days, I tell you, Christ is gathering some to infuse with His Spirit to form a beachhead for His immenent return.

Reality is more fascinating than fiction. And I think, IMO (which I respect very much) you should reconsider the New Testament High Gospel.

Right here read about God's economy www.godseconomy.org

The battle the earth will be one by Christ filling up the souls of some forgiven sinners. I offer my soul to this transformation process.

Now .... on the THIRD DAY ..... He rose from the dead.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 22:49

You resurrected a 10 month old thread just to pick a fight with Nemesio? Its not like you.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 23:06
    Don't blow your chances at becomming part of something really great, which is garuanteed to be victorious.

That is the bringing the kingdom of Christ and of God. He is called in the prophet Haggai [b]"the desire of the nations"

In these last days, I tell you, Christ is gathering some to infuse with His Spirit to form a beachhead for His immenen ...[text shortened]... to this transformation process.

Now .... on the THIRD DAY ..... He rose from the dead.[/b]
    LMAO, right on cue.

I told you you couldn't help it.

OK, let's start this competition.

You hit the nail right on the head. Reality is indeed more fascinating than fiction. And that's what I've found by casting aside the Christian faith. Reality! Precious Reality.

A reality in which we don't need to waste our time beating ourselves up because we're not perfect. A reality free from mythical stories of a God who purportedly loved, but failed to save, so many of us. A reality that invites us to do the best we can with what we have. A reality in which we can come to our own beliefs, free of the restraints of orthodoxy.

There is no 'end times'. There is only lifetime. You get one shot - make the most of it. Be good to others, enjoy life, have fun. Die with no regrets.

To slave yourself to a religion is a waste. Realize the truth - nobody has all the answers. They probably won't find them in your lifetime either. There is no cut and dried answer to questions like 'what is the meaning of life?' You make up your own meaning.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 23:08
    LMAO, right on cue.

I told you you couldn't help it.

OK, let's start this competition.

You hit the nail right on the head. Reality is indeed more fascinating than fiction. And that's what I've found by casting aside the Christian faith. Reality! Precious Reality.

A reality in which we don't need to waste our time beating ourselv ...[text shortened]... o questions like 'what is the meaning of life?' You make up your own meaning.
    So you don't Believe in Truth?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree