"Former Christians"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by sonship
You said I didn't understand. I understand what it is that you want me to understand.

"I was the REAL McCoy boy!! And now I really know better. "

Okay. I'll tell you what. I don't understand. Okay?
There. Have it your way.
I understand that you are really firm and constant in your faith and that you cannot see yourself losing it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by FMF
I am fully aware of your belief. You seem to forget that I was a Christian for almost three decades.
Yes, I think we should all know by now that you are a theists and Muslim sympathiser.

F

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by sonship
"I was the REAL McCoy boy!! And now I really know better. "
Perhaps you should engage sumydid about being a True Christian, a REAL McCoy Christian, a bona fide Christian or a victorious believer Christian. That's what he seems to want to get into: it would be more interesting to see a couple of Christians like you and him getting into a one-up-manship contest about being bona fide Christians, than you simply trying to superimpose your "certainty" onto me, someone who doesn't believe anymore. 🙂

F

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes, I think we should all know by now that you are a theists and Muslim sympathiser.
I have many Muslim friends, colleagues and clients, and I respect their right to profess their faith, as I do your right to profess yours, if that is what you mean.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by FMF
I have many Muslim friends, colleagues and clients, and I respect their right to profess their faith, as I do your right to profess yours, if that is what you mean.
I suppose it would be difficult to be a professing Christian and continue to have many Muslim friends, colleagues and clients.

F

Moves
18 Mar 13
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
I suppose it would be difficult to be a professing Christian and continue to have many Muslim friends, colleagues and clients.
Not at all. This country [edit: Indonesia] has a long tradition of Muslims, Christians, Hindus and Buddhists living alongside each other and, for the most part, in peace. This multi-faith nature of society is enshrined in the 1945 constitution too. There are tens of millions of "professing Christians" living here. If you feel that having Muslim friends, colleagues and clients is somehow incompatible with being a Christian then all I can say is that I have never seen any evidence of this over the past 20 years.

PDI

Moves
18 Mar 13
5 edits

Originally posted by sumydid
Someone pretended earlier in a post to think that all it takes to be Christian is go to church every Sunday...
I am always amused when someone who has presented himself or herself to me as a gung-ho Christian admits, "Well, no, I don't attend church services. I don't need to tithe, I don't think, and so I don't do that. And I certainly don't listen to the clowns on Christian broadcasting."

May I get personal and ask which of the following you do?

* Pray.
* Cast out demons.
* Lay hands on the sick.
* Anoint with oil.
* Donate money or time to missionary work in foreign countries.
* Speak in tongues.
* Interpret tongues.
* Knock on doors in the neighborhood to witness Christ.
* Stand on a street corner and witness through a megaphone.
* Protest with signs and banners at colleges where Old Earthism and the theory of evolution are being taught.
* Handle poisonous snakes.
* Avoid watching anything in magazines or television or on the Net that constitutes erotica, and petition the makers of such to cease from doing this.
* Push for open prayer in public schools.
* Completely shun friends and family members who are not believers.
* Ask the Lord to speak to me the names of the best persons to fill public office, so that I may write down the names He gives me on my voting ballot rather than checking off a printed name that has been chosen by a major party through a secular process.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by sumydid
I got what I should have expected. A torrent of answers posed as questions.

Funny how most skeptics squirm in their chairs and spout off with questions and thinly veiled hostility, when asked a simple yes or no question.
Funny how you squirmed in your chair and failed to answer any of the questions posed to you, then continued to repeat your original claim as if you had heard nothing.
At least I can say I never was a dishonest Christian like you are.

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by RJHinds to FMF
"Yes, I think we should all know by now that you are a theists and Muslim sympathiser"

The above is a little incoherent, but... Thank you for this reminder of the US's McCarthy era. This is a moment for the younger crowd to take in.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Mar 13

Aaaaaaaannd so far it's going pretty much as expected.

Do carry on, everyone, I'm not quite done with my popcorn yet.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
I am always amused when someone who has presented himself or herself to me as a gung-ho Christian admits, "Well, no, I don't attend church services. I don't need to tithe, I don't think, and so I don't do that. And I certainly don't listen to the clowns on Christian broadcasting."

* Pray. ...[text shortened]... cking off a printed name that has been chosen by a major party through a secular process.
Is there your own personal, "true Christian" list?
Kelly

PDI

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Is there your own personal, "true Christian" list?
Kindly take a few minutes to post your own list if you feel mine is inadequate.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II

* Pray.
...[text shortened]... checking off a printed name that has been chosen by a major party through a secular process.
No thinking person swears off apples just because there are a few rotten ones
in any barrel or realm (unless, of course, there's a hidden agenda involved).
-

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Aaaaaaaannd so far it's going pretty much as expected.

Do carry on, everyone, I'm not quite done with my popcorn yet.
It's SO good to know you are well above all that. I on the other hand, have never been a christian, having seen the hypocrisy of it VERY early on and as you of course know, now never take ANY human's word for anything to do with spirituality or supernatural affairs. At least I am not hypocritical.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Mar 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
It's SO good to know you are well above all that. I on the other hand, have never been a christian, having seen the hypocrisy of it VERY early on and as you of course know, now never take ANY human's word for anything to do with spirituality or supernatural affairs. At least I am not hypocritical.
You are just an arrogant and pompous ass. 😏