1. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 00:162 edits
    Hell hath no fury like a man-pretending-to-be-a-woman scorned.
  2. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 00:211 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    No, there's no distortion.

Here is what you wrote, verbatim:

Duchess64: I would like see more people be able to accept non-personal criticism about their beliefs, arguments, and claimed facts without being so insecure that they must respond with their diverting personal attacks or speculations.

This, coming from Duchess64, of all posters? It's priceless!
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 00:43
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What? Ok here we go........I don't believe in any forum that being rude or asuming they know it all and have the right to condemn or question what, when or who I or anyone else communicates with or ignors and then call ones out just because they don't get an answer to a question they don't like or agree with. I think as another poster said that you are j ...[text shortened]... re the one who needs to learn what etiqutte is and stop hiding behind your monitor and BACK OFF.
    Galveston75, this thread is about "forum etiquette", do you know what that means?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 00:504 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 00:51
    Originally posted by Nick Bourbaki
    Hell hath no fury like a man-pretending-to-be-a-woman scorned.
    ROFL
    KJ
  6. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 00:53
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    ROFL
    KJ
    😀
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 00:55
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    ROFL
    KJ
    indeed 😵
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 00:59
    Oh a thumb-down already, nice. Glad you're reading if not responding.
  9. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 01:031 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Is Duchess64 your "real name" then? Have you ever gone by the name "Nick Bourbaki" online? Was it your "real name" when you used it?

Calling you on your hypocrisy is hardly "abusive".
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 01:051 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    lemon lime, whodey's 'high minded' on weather in a light hearted way.
    It's not as bad as I implied. But I feel the same way a few posters here feel toward people pretending to hold the high ground from which they launch their attacks, justify it by their implied status as victims (giving them the right to insult and attack those who do not agree with them) and then demand an apology for confronting them. This would be laughable if it wasn't so painfully obvious they are dead serious, and blind to their own folly.

This forum has become a snake pit because of how it attracts people who hate any talk of God or spirituality in a real or thoughtful way, so IMO talking about etiquette here is nutz because of what etiquette actually is...

Etiquette, French: is a code of behavior that delineates expectations for social behavior according to contemporary conventional norms within a society, social class, or group.

We may as well be arguing over table manners, which can vary from one small group of people to another. I'll have to go back and look, but I'm fairly sure the word etiquette doesn't show up in the terms of service and for good reason... how would anyone here go about enforcing a code of behavior as subjective as etiquette?
  11. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 01:121 edit
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    This forum has become a snake pit because of how it attracts people who hate any talk of God or spirituality in a real or thoughtful way, so IMO talking about etiquette here is nutz because of what etiquette actually is...
    I think you're very wrong about this. What you say may be true about sonhouse for example, but he is a tiny minority. I think there have been some absolutely terrific discussions here about religion, spirituality, morality and philosophy thanks to posters like Swiss Gambit, LemonJello, twhitehead, wolfgang59, JS357, and others. Perhaps you don't hang out here often enough to realize it. This forum would probably die out without these entertaining set pieces and the talents of people on "both sides" who keep coming back for more, and conduct themselves civilly for the most part. To call it a "snake pit" is grossly unfair to all the regulars here, regardless of their views.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 01:271 edit
    Originally posted by Nick Bourbaki
    I think you're very wrong about this. What you say may be true about sonhouse for example, but he is a tiny minority. I think there have been some absolutely terrific discussions here about religion, spirituality, morality and philosophy thanks to posters like Swiss Gambit, LemonJello, twhitehead, wolfgang59, JS357, and others. Perhaps you don't hang o ...[text shortened]... To call it a "snake pit" is grossly unfair to all the regulars here, regardless of their views.
    I don't have as much of a problem with sonhouse as I do the others you mentioned, because he doesn't try sugar coating his disdain for religion... when someone comes to believe in God he doesn't lose his capacity for discernment.
  13. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 01:32
    I don't have as much of a problem with sonhouse as I do the others you mentioned, because he doesn't try sugar coating his disdain for religion or the people who believe in God... when someone comes to believe in God he doesn't lose his capacity for discernment.
    I don't see much evidence of sugar coating. Wouldn't "sugar coating" just be a form of etiquette? In fact I don't quite see how you can complain of "sugar coating" here AND suggest that it's a "snake pit" at the same time. Loads of discussion goes on here that is conducted in a real and thoughtful way, as you'd realize if you participated more.
  14. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 01:34
    I don't have as much of a problem with sonhouse as I do the others you mentioned, because he doesn't try sugar coating his disdain for religion... when someone comes to believe in God he doesn't lose his capacity for discernment.
    Do you have any problem with posters who express or demonstrate their disdain for non-theists or with theists with whom they disagree?
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 01:47
    Forum etiquette:
    Limit your post to <200 words
    Give précis of any links given
    Don't overuse quote box
    Stay on topic
    Answer questions

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree