1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 03:44
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    You said that their interpretation was wrong.

You can't possibly know that, unless you asked God yourself. You can only believe that your interpretation is right, and theirs wrong. And who is to say both interpretations couldn't be right? Or wrong, for that matter?

So yes, you did make a judgement, you judged your interpretations and your decisions to be more valid than theirs.
    How can we debate/argue/discuss anything when you keep mischaracterizing what I say?

Ya smoken somthin?
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 03:46
    Originally posted by josephw
    How can we debate/argue/discuss anything when you keep mischaracterizing what I say?

Ya smoken somthin?
    I'll make it easy.

Do you think there interpretation is right or wrong?

If you say it is wrong, please tell me why you think it is wrong.
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 04:18
    I'll make it easy.

Nice try Scottish, but you won't tie these religious nuts down into revealing their position.
    This is because they are slippery as eels and as stupid as sheep.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 04:25
    I'll make it easy.

I'll make easy for you too.

Be specific. I'm not sure what it is you're looking for.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 04:57
    I'll make easy for you too.

Be specific. I'm not sure what it is you're looking for.
    You said their interpretation is wrong.

Do you stand by that statement?

If so, WHY is it wrong?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 05:14
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Nice try Scottish, but you won't tie these religious nuts down into revealing their position.
    This is because they are slippery as eels and as stupid as sheep.
    If you think because I'm a Christian I'll lay down and let you insult me, then you're dumber than a box of rocks.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 05:16
    You said their interpretation is wrong.

Do you stand by that statement?

If so, WHY is it wrong?
    I'll try this again. WHAT INTERPRETATION are we talking about?
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 05:242 edits
  9. Joined
    01 Mar '07
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 05:33
    So, I"m new here and decided to visit this forum. I really enjoy chess even though I'm sure I'm losing right now. I am also a Christian, and speak in tongues myself. I don't "flop" on the floor, but if anyone is really interested I can discuss tongues and interpretation etc.
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 05:35
    Originally posted by safetyman
    So, I"m new here and decided to visit this forum. I really enjoy chess even though I'm sure I'm losing right now. I am also a Christian, and speak in tongues myself. I don't "flop" on the floor, but if anyone is really interested I can discuss tongues and interpretation etc.
    how do you do it? and does anything good come out of it?
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 05:49
    Please do.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 06:07
    You'll be sorry!
  13. Joined
    01 Mar '07
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 07:034 edits
    I won't make long posts for everyone to read and endure, but will make short thoughts that you may ponder! I hope this won't be a bashing at my expense, but a time that I can share with you what I have learned.

Let me start out by stating somethings that will help me move into the speaking of tongues questions. I am not here to put anyone down for what they believe.

1. There is a difference between being a Christian and being religious.

1a. Being a Chrisian is being a follower of Christ. Being religious is following man made laws and ideas.

2. speaking in other tongues is not a requirement to get into Heaven. It is not something that you have to do, but something that you get to do if you choose.

3. Tongues is a language. Just like many of us speak in our native tongue (mine being English) there is a spiritual toungue. We had to learn our language with goo goo and gaa gaa until we learned it right?

I have been like several of you (according to your post here) and made fun of and laughed at people speaking in tongues. I was a good Lutheran for many years and thought "those" people were crazy!

I wanted nothing to do with it. But guess what? I married a young lady who did believe in it! Wow! Did we have some heated discussions! I listened to her, I read my bible and somehow got it all turned around and almost had her believing that is was really something from the devil himself.

But, I began reading and praying and studying and finally said "God, I don't understand. If this 'stuff' is real, I want to do it"! So, I opened my mouth and guess what? Nothing came out!

Wow, this may be longer than I thought. Sorry.

Anyway, my first point is this: Speaking in tongues is something that you have to do for yourself. It isn't some mystical thing that takes over your body that you can't control. You have to do it. Just like speaking in English, you have to do it. You don't open your mouth and all of a sudden something takes over you and stuff just starts coming out right? Well, some people open mouth and engage before thinking, but that's not what I'm talking about. lol

That's all for now I guess.
  14. Meddling with things
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 08:29
    I won't make long posts for everyone to read and endure, but will make short thoughts that you may ponder! I hope this won't be a bashing at my expense, but a time that I can share with you what I have learned.

Let me start out by stating somethings that will help me move into the speaking of tongues questions. I am not here to put anyone down for wh ...[text shortened]... nking, but that's not what I'm talking about. lol

That's all for now I guess.
    Do you hear god / cheeses speaking to you, as a clear voice, in tongues or your native language?
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 09:07
    I'll try this again. WHAT INTERPRETATION are we talking about?

I haven't seen it, but some christains do weird things. All as a result of faulty interpretation.

YOU said it! You tell me!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree