1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 17:00
    Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where Banya gave Jerry an Armantee suit? (pardon my spelling, I'm being lazy)

Anyway, he didn't want the free gift, cuz he didn't like the guy... and didn't want to 'owe him one'. He finally decides to take it since there are no strings attached and Kramer ends up talking him into buying a 'meal' at Mendy's.

They go to the diner, and Banya decides to get soup. He'll save his meal for later. Jerry gets all bent since 'this is the meal'. The Soup is the Meal! In other words... nothing is free as stated earlier.

P-
  2. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 17:041 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    All I am worried about is the reality of lost souls. I have experienced the power of One has set me free from the bondage of sin. I only wish the same for you and everybody else. You might think I'm crazy and insult me but i'm afraid yo ...[text shortened]... proach. I made a lot of mistakes in my over eagerness. Forgive me.
    I think you are attempting to be earnest in your approach but every single one of your threads is an insult to any other belief system outside of yours. Either two things are occuring here: 1.You really are incapable of understanding that or 2. You do and really don't care.

Let me offer you some real advice absent of sarcasm: If you really worried about us "lost souls" perhaps your thread should not be condemnation of what people believe? Perhaps you could create threads explaining why you believe in Christ instead of crapping on Atheisism or Agnosticism? By the way, unless I missed it, I don't notice you attacking other faiths (Buddhism, the B'Hai, etc) the way you go after the agnostics and atheists.

Nobody wants to put out your flame but I am not going to let you douse what I believe either and I could careless if I convert you to what I believe.
  3. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 17:32
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    I think you are attempting to be earnest in your approach but every single one of your threads is an insult to any other belief system outside of yours. Either two things are occuring here: 1.You really are incapable of understanding that or 2. You do and really don't care.

Let me offer you some real advice absent of sarcasm: If you really worried ab ...[text shortened]... o let you douse what I believe either and I could careless if I convert you to what I believe.
    Amen.

Rec'd
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 17:33
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where Banya gave Jerry an Armantee suit? (pardon my spelling, I'm being lazy)

Anyway, he didn't want the free gift, cuz he didn't like the guy... and didn't want to 'owe him one'. He finally decides to take it since there are no strings attached and Kramer ends up talking him into buying a 'meal' at Mendy ...[text shortened]... the meal'. The Soup is the Meal! In other words... nothing is free as stated earlier.

P-
    Yeah, but Seinfeld is almost as funny as dj2becker so your analogy is flawed 😛
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 17:47
    By the way, unless I missed it, I don't notice you attacking other faiths (Buddhism, the B'Hai, etc) the way you go after the agnostics and atheists.
    I'll never forget his thread on Hindus in India "dying of starvation" because they turned their back on God or some such rot.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 17:47
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Yeah, but Seinfeld is almost as funny as dj2becker so your analogy is flawed 😛
    Shavix!!!!!

😠

P-
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 17:48
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Armantee (pardon my spelling, I'm being lazy)
    *snicker*
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 17:54
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I'll never forget his thread on Hindus in India "dying of starvation" because they turned their back on God or some such rot.
    What about all the Roman Catholics in Africa?

...Oh yeah, they aren't Christian either... 😛

I guess dj is right 🙄

Nemesio
  9. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 17:58
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Oops....I guess I missed that one. Yeah those damn Hindus had it coming, right? Good Gravy......

Joe Fist decides in order to pay homage to his new found god, "Sluggo the insane", and out of frustration to sit naked in the corner and eat aluminum foil while using a cheese grater on his skull until he achieves Nirvana
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 18:03

Let me offer you some real advice absent of sarcasm: If you really worried ab ...[text shortened]... o let you douse what I believe either and I could careless if I convert you to what I believe.
    I could careless if I convert you to what I believe.

Doesn't that speak volumes about what your belief means to you?

11. Gangster Land
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 18:05
    [b]I could careless if I convert you to what I believe.

[/b]
    Please respond to the main thrust of Joe's message. I think he makes some good points and has some excellent ideas for how your online witness program could be more effective. What say you?

TheSkipper
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 18:07
    It sure does, dj.

It attests to the notion that he is not an arrogant jerk who asserts (in spite of science
    and reason) that he is right simply because some book he reads only one way tells him so.

Nemesio
  13. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 18:07
    [b]I could careless if I convert you to what I believe.

[/b]
    No. I am comfortable enough with myself and what I believe that I don't need the endorsement or rejection of others.

Doesn't that speak volumes about what your belief means to you that you need to?
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 18:20
    Oops....I guess I missed that one. Yeah those damn Hindus had it coming, right? Good Gravy......

Joe Fist decides in order to pay homage to his new found god, "Sluggo the insane", and out of frustration to sit naked in the corner and eat aluminum foil while using a cheese grater on his skull until he achieves Nirvana
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=23994

AHHH, sweet memories!
  15. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 18:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=23994

AHHH, sweet memories!
    Wow....that was amusing as it was scary that he actually believes that. Well I am about 40 lbs or so overweight and I eat pretty good. I am also an agnostic. I guess God has not gotten around to freezing me out yet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree