1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 18:29
    Do you fear the unknown? Nervous about the afterlife? Well BOY DO WE HAVE A GIFT to offer you -- completely, 100% FREE*!!!!!!!!
    Yes, with your shiny new "GET OUT OF HELL FREE" card, you'll escape eternal damnation, suffering, fiery torment, and even weeping and gnashing of teeth.

*Offer not valid in non-anglo countries. Participation may vary. Some may not recognize validity of gift unless dunked in water or consumed with grape juice and crackers. Acceptance of gift shown by offering free gifts to people of all nations, regular church attendance, contributing 10% of income to church, support of the Republican party, and avoiding swearing. Gift acceptance revoked if evidence of backsliding is found.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 18:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=23994

AHHH, sweet memories!
    What a great thread that is!

Short but super sweet.
  3. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 18:37
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Do you fear the unknown? Nervous about the afterlife? Well BOY DO WE HAVE A GIFT to offer you -- completely, 100% FREE*!!!!!!!!
    Yes, with your shiny new "GET OUT OF HELL FREE" card, you'll escape [b]eternal damnation
    , suffering, fiery torment, and even weeping and gnashing of teeth.

*Offer not valid in non-anglo countri ...[text shortened]... lican party, and avoiding swearing. Gift acceptance revoked if evidence of backsliding is found.[/b]
    Rec'd by me, very funny but I think I will stick with my new god, Sluggo the insane. We are accepting new membership at this time, any takers? Bring your own cheese grater.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 19:07
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Are you jumping to some very wierd conclusions. I have not once compared my first analogy to 'salvation'. Besides, my first analogy is not at all totally fitting with my idea of salvation, although it might just reveal a single aspect thereof.

(I must agree my fist analogy was rather vague)
    oh, i see. so your plan was to construct a profound labyrinth of only seemingly poor analogies, replete with trap doors, time warps, and worm holes. then, at the end you were going to twisty-tie the whole seeming mess together into an unparalleled work of art for all of us to enjoy, contemplate, and rec with abandon. following that, i suppose all the atheists here would undergo epiphanies of the divine, hold hands, and sing christian love songs. then we would vote to close the spirituality forum forever since there is nothing left to debate.

sorry, but no one is willing to go along with this method of debate, evidenced by the fact that this thread quickly got out of your control -- and on the very first analogy no less.

i would rather you just say what you mean and be prepared to defend it. i would like to debate your ideas, but you make it such a chore.

5. Earth Prime
    Moves
    13 Aug '05 22:25
    Originally posted by kirksey957

Listen to me carefully. Nothing is free.
    Nothing of this earth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree