1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 07:54
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This free seminar defines the classical Darwinian Theory of Evolution and shows that it is absolutely unscientific from every angle, being totally contradicted by mathematics, genetics, thermo-dynamics, anthropology, geology, biology, zoology and the fossil record.

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1081
    If what you have just listened to has been a blessing to you, please consider sowing into our continued outreach of the Gospel, all over the globe

taken from the site. this is how science is being conducted?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 07:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Your reply proves my point.

The Instructor
    your face proves MY point.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 09:161 edit
    Your reply proves my point.

The Instructor
    Your point is mute because you have failed, again, to recognise that there are countless Christians who accept evolution and common descent. Evolution is not solely in the realm of atheists.
  4. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 10:37
    You can find some listed here:

http://www.discovery.org/a/2640

The Instructor
    RJH, I'm going to do something I never thought I would - treat you as an intelligent, rational, civilised human being. Answer me one thing: why does almost every bishop, archbishop (including the Archbishop of Canterbury), every cardinal (including the Pope) disbelieve in Creationism? These are your leaders, your moral and spiritual guides, the experts in their field of Christian theology, the representatives of Christ on Earth, and they are all, or almost all (still one or two dinosaurs) Evolutionists. One might almost say that you and all Creationists cannot call yourselves Christian since you do not follow the guidelines of your Christian leaders! It is fundamentally clear to me that it is quite possible to be a Christian and an Evolutionist. Genesis, as you are aware, was written by a wandering articulate and intelligent desert tribesman. Lacking any science he was, of course, quite incapable of explaining the existence of the planets, stars, life etc and so he formulated a neat and concise myth, and like all primitive societies across the face of the planet from the Indus plain to South America, from Scandinavia to China, these stories were passed down from generation to generation to entertain and make sense of the world. Now, with empirical fact to draw upon, with the genius of Darwin to refer to, we can understand how life evolved. I'm not a Christian, as you are aware, but if I were I would be eternally grateful to Darwin, as most Christians are.
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 11:35
    The underlying assumption of Evolution is that there is no God.
    Can you cite a single scientific article on evolution that states that one of its underlying assumptions is that there is no God?

Or is it just normal practice for Christians to tell lies?

And if you are prepared to tell/repeat such a blatant lie, why should we take any notice of anything you have to say on the matter?
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 11:38
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    RJH, I'm going to do something I never thought I would - treat you as an intelligent, rational, civilised human being. Answer me one thing: why does almost every bishop, archbishop (including the Archbishop of Canterbury), every cardinal (including the Pope) disbelieve in Creationism? These are your leaders, your moral and spiritual guides, the experts in ...[text shortened]... as you are aware, but if I were I would be eternally grateful to Darwin, as most Christians are.
    not his leaders. he is an american christian. TRUE christian. he has the truth.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 11:44
    treat you as an intelligent, rational, civilised human being.
    Now that's real faith.....

I mean believing in one single invisible, all-powerful entity for which there is not a single piece of evidence to the exclusion of the myriad of other invisible, all-powerful entities that other humans have believed in down the centuries, and for which there is also not a single piece of evidence, a choice which is determined mostly by where, when and to what parents you were born, takes faith, I admit.

But that is a whole different league.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 12:39
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Your point is mute because you have failed, again, to recognise that there are countless Christians who accept evolution and common descent. Evolution is not solely in the realm of atheists.
    yes but in order to do so they must dismiss the teachings of the Christ, who in quoting directly from the book of Genesis stated that humans were created. This comes as no surprise because there are many other teachings which they are also willing to simply dismiss. The teaching of Darwinian evolution and Biblical theology are mutually exclusive. Further to that there is not a shred of scientific or scriptural evidence that God has utilized Darwinian evolution to accomplish anything and your argument is argumentum ad populum.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 14:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes but in order to do so they must dismiss the teachings of the Christ, who in quoting directly from the book of Genesis stated that humans were created. This comes as no surprise because there are many other teachings which they are also willing to simply dismiss. The teaching of Darwinian evolution and Biblical theology are mutually exclusive. Fu ...[text shortened]... utilized Darwinian evolution to accomplish anything and your argument is argumentum ad populum.
    oh, so if at ANY point in their lives, a parent says to his son "behave yourself, or santa claus will not bring you any presents" , that is an automatic and irrevocable admission that there is a santa claus?

if i tell you: "remember harry potter, how he fought Voldemort instead of joining him, and do the right thing even though it's hard" it means i am saying harry potter is a real person? or am I using a comparison to better illustrate the point one should do what is right, and not what is easy?

"there is not a shred of scientific or scriptural evidence that God has utilized Darwinian evolution"
    there is however tons of evidence to support evolution, period. without god. at no point in evolution do we see a magical outside force influencing how organisms evolve.

lastly, let's get something straight: darwinian evolution is just a term you keep using in your attempt to diminish the importance of this theory. nowadays we call it evolution, and is vastly improved over what darwin discovered (though his contributions remain impressive), and is supported by genetics, fossil records and direct observation. to keep using darwinian evolution to refer to this current theory of evolution is like using the term "euclidean geometry" when referring to geometry.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 15:01
    yes but in order to do so they must dismiss the teachings of the Christ, who in quoting directly from the book of Genesis stated that humans were created. This comes as no surprise because there are many other teachings which they are also willing to simply dismiss. The teaching of Darwinian evolution and Biblical theology are mutually exclusive. Fu ...[text shortened]... utilized Darwinian evolution to accomplish anything and your argument is argumentum ad populum.
    I don't care how they go about it, the inescapable fact is that they do reconcile the two. Besides, Christianity is not the only religion which accepts evolutionary theory as the explanation for the diversification of life on this planet.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 15:15
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    oh, so if at ANY point in their lives, a parent says to his son "behave yourself, or santa claus will not bring you any presents" , that is an automatic and irrevocable admission that there is a santa claus?

if i tell you: "remember harry potter, how he fought Voldemort instead of joining him, and do the right thing even though it's hard" it means i am ...[text shortened]... rent theory of evolution is like using the term "euclidean geometry" when referring to geometry.
    what is this post but a whining rant, all the things i said are true, you have not a shred of Biblical evidence that God utilised any evolutionary process and you must of necessity ignore the clear teaching of Christ to make room for it, fact. Jesus taught that humans were created and if you are not prepared to accept the teachings of the Christ, you are not a Christian, but something else, a spiritual buffet king, simply choosing those elements which appeal to you personally and rejecting those which don’t.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 15:161 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I don't care how they go about it, the inescapable fact is that they do reconcile the two. Besides, Christianity is not the only religion which accepts evolutionary theory as the explanation for the diversification of life on this planet.
    they cannot reconcile the two, they are mutually exclusive. This is the point.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 15:16
    RJH, I'm going to do something I never thought I would - treat you as an intelligent, rational, civilised human being. Answer me one thing: why does almost every bishop, archbishop (including the Archbishop of Canterbury), every cardinal (including the Pope) disbelieve in Creationism? These are your leaders, your moral and spiritual guides, the experts in ...[text shortened]... as you are aware, but if I were I would be eternally grateful to Darwin, as most Christians are.
    You ask, "why does almost every bishop, archbishop (including the Archbishop of Canterbury), every cardinal (including the Pope) disbelieve in Creationism?"

I do not know anything about these people, so I can not confirm what you say is true. Only a make-believe Christian would disbelieve Creationism, since Creationism is an essential believe to Christianity. Christians believe Christ is the Creator, therefore we must believe in Creationism.

The Instructor
  14. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 15:21
    Can you give me the scriptural reference to where Christ says humans were created?
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 15:29
    what is this post but a whining rant, all the things i said are true, you have not a shred of Biblical evidence that God utilised any evolutionary process and you must of necessity ignore the clear teaching of Christ to make room for it, fact. Jesus taught that humans were created and if you are not prepared to accept the teachings of the Christ, yo ...[text shortened]... , simply choosing those elements which appeal to you personally and rejecting those which don’t.
    in short, you ignored every point i made, and proceeded in clinging to your own instead of addressing them.

i am not surprised. like every other participant in this forum, i only posted to demonstrate how ignorant and brain washed you are compared to me. which is petty of me, i admit.

there is no kinder way to put it: those that deny evolution (not question some of its points or seeking to improve it but deny it completely) are delusional and should be kept away from sharp objects.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree