1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 15:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    they cannot reconcile the two, they are mutually exclusive. This is the point.
    According to you.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 15:37
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Can you cite a single scientific article on evolution that states that one of its underlying assumptions is that there is no God?

Or is it just normal practice for Christians to tell lies?

And if you are prepared to tell/repeat such a blatant lie, why should we take any notice of anything you have to say on the matter?
    According to the National Academy of Sciences, “The statements of science must invoke only natural things and processes. The statements of science are those that emerge from the application of human intelligence to data obtained from observation and experiment” (Teaching About Evolution…, 1998, p. 42, emp. added). So according to this modern definition of “science,” anything non-natural is ruled out. In other words, science must be approached through the assumption of naturalism and materialism. Therefore, God is deemed unscientific by this definition (even though He actually instituted the field of science, cf. Miller, 2012d), since He is non-natural and non-material.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=9&article=4666

The Instructor
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 15:44
    Can you give me the scriptural reference to where Christ says humans were created?
    like i said, there is a point in the gospels where jesus, in order to make a point, mentions adam and eve. it is EXACTLY the same situation as someone saying "harry potter! good example of a stand-up guy, be more like him". it doesn't mean harry potter is real.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 15:57
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    in short, you ignored every point i made, and proceeded in clinging to your own instead of addressing them.

i am not surprised. like every other participant in this forum, i only posted to demonstrate how ignorant and brain washed you are compared to me. which is petty of me, i admit.

there is no kinder way to put it: those that deny evolution ...[text shortened]... to improve it but deny it completely) are delusional and should be kept away from sharp objects.
    It would be nice to have someone on this Forum with half the knowledge, wisdom, and intelligence that you think you have.

The Instructor
  5. SubscriberPianoman1online
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 17:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You ask, "why does almost every bishop, archbishop (including the Archbishop of Canterbury), every cardinal (including the Pope) disbelieve in Creationism?"

I do not know anything about these people, so I can not confirm what you say is true. Only a make-believe Christian would disbelieve Creationism, since Creationism is an essential believe to Christian ...[text shortened]... tians believe Christ is the Creator, therefore we must believe in Creationism.

The Instructor
    So you are calling the leader of the Roman Catholic Church, the Pope, with some 1.2 billion followers, and the leader of the Anglican Church, the Archbishop of Canterbury, with some 76.6 million followers, "make-believe Christians" because they are both Evolutionists?

Now I've heard it all!

If you call yourself a Christian you must get on top of current Christian dogma!
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 18:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]According to the National Academy of Sciences, “The statements of science must invoke only natural things and processes. The statements of science are those that emerge from the application of human intelligence to data obtained from observation and experiment” (Teaching About Evolution…, 1998, p. 42, emp. added). So according to this modern definition of ...[text shortened]...

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=9&article=4666

The Instructor[/b]
    Thank you.

Now, can you cite a single scientific article on evolution that states that one of its underlying assumptions is that God does not exist.

This is not a scientific article on evolution and it does not state that one of its underlying assumptions is that God does not exist.

Strike one.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 18:321 edit
    like i said, there is a point in the gospels where jesus, in order to make a point, mentions adam and eve. it is EXACTLY the same situation as someone saying "harry potter! good example of a stand-up guy, be more like him". it doesn't mean harry potter is real.
    In which case, if that is all Jesus said, then Jesus did not "state that humans were created".

But I will wait for Robbie's response before I reach a conclusion.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 19:17
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Send them a message, if it's that easy to falsify the theory it shouldn't take too long to write a paper and have it peer reviewed.
    How does one "falsify a theory"?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 19:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How does one "falsify a [b]theory"?[/b]
    You find evidence that contradicts one of the components of the Theory.
    You do know what a 'Theory' is in this context?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
    A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on knowledge that has been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experimentation.

So it will be difficult to find such evidence.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 20:101 edit
    Can you give me the scriptural reference to where Christ says humans were created?
    yes he quotes directly from the book of Genesis,

(Matthew 19:4) In reply he said: Did you not read that he who created them from [the] beginning made them male and female

a direct quotation from

(Genesis 1:27) And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 20:101 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    According to you.
    then produce the evidence, come on, make with the reddies my man!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 20:164 edits
    in short, you ignored every point i made, and proceeded in clinging to your own instead of addressing them.

i am not surprised. like every other participant in this forum, i only posted to demonstrate how ignorant and brain washed you are compared to me. which is petty of me, i admit.

there is no kinder way to put it: those that deny evolution ...[text shortened]... to improve it but deny it completely) are delusional and should be kept away from sharp objects.
    yes because your opinions are meaningless without evidence, you produced none except some silly movie references nor have you stated how the two can be reconciled, Gods word and Christ teaching (Christ quoted directly from the book of Genesis and taught that humans were the direct result of an act of creation on the part of God) which is in direct opposition to the idea man has evolved from another species, either humans were created by an act of God or they were not and since that you have provided nothing except your opinions, despite being asked for some evidence to back up your claim i musty now conclude that you have nothing except some references to a movie that i have not, nor probably will ever watch.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 20:201 edit
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    So you are calling the leader of the Roman Catholic Church, the Pope, with some 1.2 billion followers, and the leader of the Anglican Church, the Archbishop of Canterbury, with some 76.6 million followers, "make-believe Christians" because they are both Evolutionists?

Now I've heard it all!

If you call yourself a Christian you must get on top of current Christian dogma!
    They may just be ignorant of evilution and do not know any better. They may be using a different definition. Who knows?

The Instructor
  14. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 20:56
    yes he quotes directly from the book of Genesis,

(Matthew 19:4) In reply he said: Did you not read that he [b]who created
    them from [the] beginning made them male and female

a direct quotation from

(Genesis 1:27) And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.[/b]
    Thank you.
  15. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 21:014 edits
    yes because your opinions are meaningless without evidence, you produced none except some silly movie references nor have you stated how the two can be reconciled, Gods word and Christ teaching (Christ quoted directly from the book of Genesis and taught that humans were the direct result of an act of creation on the part of God) which is in direct op ...[text shortened]... ou have nothing except some references to a movie that i have not, nor probably will ever watch.
    What is your view of the hymn 'All things bright and beautiful'? Bear with me.

Revelations 4:11 states that God created all things. That, presumably, includes me. I was an act of his creation. Indeed, it is 'by his will'.

However, I presume you don't deny that I was also the product of a process by which my mother and father independently conceived me.

Yet still God states that he created me.

It therefore seems that God can claim creation rights even when the process involved that gives rise to new life is an independent one.

So it is not contradictory to state that evolution could operate to give rise to mankind, but also that God 'created man' in an act of creation.

All things bright and beautiful, the Lord God made them all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree