1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '18 00:11
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I have Alex Jones' infowars podcast on my phone. I listen to what he has to say 2-3 times a week. I find it interesting. If the podcast player I use - or any other privately owned entity or platform - blocks him some day, that is their prerogrative and choice. Alex Jones will still have his right to free speech.
    So if they ban him, how will you hear what he has to say?

Will you come to his house?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '18 00:51
    Originally posted by @whodey

He can set up his own website with blogs and videos. There is no obligation for independent commercial media channels to support his silly ranting.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '18 01:40

There are lots of people I don't get the opportunity to hear. But what I am able to access is not the topic, is it? I don't see how the stuff you're talking about - where non-governmental private enterprises don't want to let him use their facilities - affects his right to free speech. He still has the right to free speech. If he started posting here at RHP and Russ blocked him, that would not infringe his right to free speech.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Aug '18 20:391 edit
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/alex-jones-and-the-rise-of-corporate-censorship/21658#.W2sG6uSotPb

So we’re now trusting the capitalist class, massive, unaccountable corporations, to decide on our behalf what we may listen to and talk about? This is the take-home message, the terrible take-home message, of the expulsion of Alex Jones’ Infowar ...[text shortened]... rather than concocting more ways to encourage these corporate overlords to censor and blacklist.
    (a few paragraphs in) ... and I'm guessing you're going to hate this...but that is not censorship, its the consequence of Jones' actions. Yes we have freedom of speech but there is also consequences for what we say and write. Words are powerful. "The pen is mightier than the sword" ... but who really believes this? Well lmfao , it turns out that idiots like Jones are starting to realize that despite their calls for "freedom of speech", their words DO encapsulate the above axiom : Rather than their false words manipulate society for their own ends, their words have turned on them and they are now getting banned as a result. Blame the "liberals" and "radicals" all you want, no one cares. Take responsibility for your own s***, stop blaming other parts of society for your problems, because I guarantee you everyone has problems and no one except loved ones really want to hear about them.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '18
    Moves
    14 Aug '18 03:51
    Whidbey all the things you have talk a bout is to take away free speech so islam takes over by means of islamaphobia
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Aug '18 06:39
    Originally posted by @steve-rocky
    Whidbey all the things you have talk a bout is to take away free speech so islam takes over by means of islamaphobia
    Say what now?
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    15 Aug '18 11:37
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Say what now?
    What
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    16 Aug '18 03:57
    Originally posted by @secondson
    What
    Darn it, I waited too long. 😞
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '18 01:31
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Say what now?
    what now 🙂
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '18 17:21
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    what now 🙂
    What now Brown Cow?
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 11:28
    Originally posted by @steve-rocky
    So let's ban islamaphobia and that is their evil Plan A down the toilet.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '18 02:26

I listened to Alex Jones' podcast over the weekend. He said that CNN and the NYT are openly making death threats against the president. They have apparently been calling for Trump's death. He also said that last week the Democrats passed a law to ban Republicans from talking about their election campaigns on TV. Oh yes, and he also said that - under the direct instructions of China - Robert Mueller has almost succeeded in tearing down Western civilization. Alex Jones doesn't have to come to my house. I can just listen to his podcast.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '18 06:06
    I listened to Alex Jones' podcast over the weekend. He said that CNN and the NYT are openly making death threats against the president. They have apparently been calling for Trump's death. He also said that last week the Democrats passed a law to ban Republicans from talking about their election campaigns on TV. Oh yes, and he also said that - under the direct ...[text shortened]... ern civilization. Alex Jones doesn't have to come to my house. I can just listen to his podcast.
    Correction: what he claims is that the Democrats have banned Republicans from placing policical ads on the internet.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '18 08:331 edit
    Correction: what he claims is that the Democrats have banned Republicans from placing policical ads on the internet.
    Do you really think anything he says has any basis in fact?

Or do you listen with the full knowledge that the man is a liar of the highest caliber?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '18 19:24
    Whoosh.

The point being, Suzianne, contrary to what whodey suggests, Alex Jones still has his freedom of speech and I still have access to him exercising it even if some privately owned platform chooses not to facilitate him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree