1. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 10:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yeah, free will be damned, eh?
    To some degree, yes.

And I am sure that you would agree. Or would you stand by and let someone commit a murder when you were perfectly capable of stopping it, just so that you can allow the murderer his/her free will? I don't think so.

So you're saying that compassion and mercy would prevent anyone from having free will.
    Not entirely no.

Wow, and you say religion is controlling.
    Do I? When?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 11:53
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Yes, to an atheist death is the absolute end of an individual, so it's very, very bad indeed.
    Well, I don't think it is, but the end is by far worse for those that die in their
    sins than not. I'm still wondering why you think it is very bad since all
    will go there, and if your an Atheist it isn't like there is a choice or some
    bad or good turn you can make to avoid it.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 14:07
    Originally posted by vivify
    So if you saw a man breaking into the house of a woman who lives alone, would you not call the police lest the attacker's free will be tampered with?
    Call me back when you understand the concept, okay?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 14:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Call me back when you understand the concept, okay?
    Why respond that way rather than be an adult and answer a simple question? You like to differentiate yourself from people like RJ Hinds, but your tactics are no different.
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 15:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well, I don't think it is, but the end is by far worse for those that die in their
    sins than not. I'm still wondering why you think it is very bad since all
    will go there, and if your an Atheist it isn't like there is a choice or some
    bad or good turn you can make to avoid it.
    As an atheist, I realise that this life is it. When I'm dead, I'm permanently erased from existence. It matters a lot what happens to me and my loved ones while we still live then. How is this a problem for you to understand? I take meaning in this existence because I know it will inevitably end, and I perceive death and suffering as truly the most horendous things imaginable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree