23 Aug '07 03:291 edit
    I think Stregone has a valid point.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 03:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well I guess that takes of the cure cancer bit. (man touches cancer - cancer gets destroyed).
    Yep. Right after the man dies.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 03:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I vote world peace! 🙂
    Kelly
    But what about the whales?
  4. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 04:44
    http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2540
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 06:38
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Its every species for themselves. 🙂
    Kelly
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 09:27
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    We can serve them at the celebratory world feast for world peace.
  7. Club 64
    Moves
    24 Aug '07 23:07
    Originally posted by Stregone
    I do not think that religion should be foisted upon weak-minded people. I think that religion (all religion) should be banned! Religion is destructive!
    Well, I have some news for you...and some good news for all of the Christians out there...

Technically, Christianity is not a religion!

A religion is based upon rituals and works in order to appease a certain deity or deities and usually, gain entrance into heaven, or some other kind of afterlife paradise ...

Christianity is based upon accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and acknowledging that he died on the cross in order to pay for your sins, so that you may enter into heaven when you die. That's it...no rituals, no practices, nothing like that...

Now, one still should do good works because that shows that he/she has acted upon his/her faith and has truly become a Christian. And more good works can equal more rewards in heaven, but notice that good works do not get people into heaven...

So, in conclusion, Christianity is not a religion, and it is not destructive!!
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 02:101 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Its every species for themselves. 🙂
    Kelly
    Thats right. What happened to the evolutionist spirit inside ATY? I say, it is survival of the fittest!!!
  9. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 03:06
    Originally posted by Ironstar
    Well, I have some news for you...and some good news for all of the Christians out there...

A religion is based upon rituals and works in order to appease a certain deity or deities and usually, gain entrance into heaven, or some other kind of afterlife paradise ...

Christianity is based upon accepting J ...[text shortened]... nto heaven...

Apparently you do not consider Catholics christian, right? They practice beautiful rituals!
  10. Club 64
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 17:57
    Originally posted by Stregone
    Apparently you do not consider Catholics christian, right? They practice beautiful rituals!
    Yes...you make a valid point...but those rituals are not practiced to gain entrance into heaven...it's after they've accepted Jesus Christ...and those are just used to show that they're acting upon their faith...all Christians have some kind of traditional practices (Lord's Supper, Baptism)...it even says in the Bible that a Christian should be baptized, which is an act of obedience...and the Lord's Supper is just a reminder of Jesus dying on the cross to save us from our sins...but they're not used to gain entrance into heaven...that's the difference....that's why Christianity isn't a religion...
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 18:49

Christianity is based upon accepting J ...[text shortened]... nto heaven...

If you knew what Christ taught, you should at least know that He despises those hypocrites who worship God with their mouth, much like the Pharisees who He condemned in the strongest language. He wants good works. WORKS WILL SAVE YOU.

Matt 25: 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    35 for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in;
    36 naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
  12. Club 64
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 19:14
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    If you knew what Christ taught, you should at least know that He despises those hypocrites who worship God with their mouth, much like the Pharisees who He condemned in the strongest language. He wants good works. WORKS WILL SAVE YOU.

Matt 25: 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom p ...[text shortened]... ed, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    Yes, yes, I realize that...but first, you must accept him...

John 14:6 "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' "

I agree with you on the fact that Jesus wants good works, because, as it says in James 2:17, "In the same way faith, if it doesn't have works, is dead by itself.", but these works are to show that you're being obedient to Jesus... BUT THESE DO NOT GAIN YOU ENTRANCE INTO HEAVEN.
  13. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 20:52
    Religion and secularism is only as dangerous as the people who use them or put them on people. Obviously there's peaceful and destructive people in either camp. Personally, I don't believe in any religion or any creator God. The fact that so many conflicts are started because of it has to be considered troublesome, but would there be peace without it? Unlikely.

There has to be a system put in place to deal with this based on rationality. Nationally and internationally. Hopefully it'll be done before we all kill each other, but I sorta doubt it. In the meantime, let's play chess and listen to good music. Not to mention watch the Leafs win the Stanley Cup!
  14. Club 64
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 20:57
    Well, what you believe is your choice...
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 21:28
    Yes, yes, I realize that...but first, you must accept him...

John 14:6 "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' "

I agree with you on the fact that Jesus wants good works, because, as it says in James 2:17, "In the same way faith, if it doesn't have works, is dead by itself.", but these ...[text shortened]... w that you're being obedient to Jesus... BUT THESE DO NOT GAIN YOU ENTRANCE INTO HEAVEN.
    Yes, yes, I realize that...but you must do good works...

Whats do you think of this passage :

Romans 2 : 13 ..for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified:
    14 (for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves;
    15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing [them]);
    16 in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men, according to my gospel, by Jesus Christ.

Seems to me that Paul is saying that Gentiles, who obviously know nothing of Christ but still do by nature the things of the law, will be justified.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree