1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:28
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Without knowing all the particulars of your testimony, it seems divegeester's comments are cruel. Some of us are sorry we have to see such overboard cruelty.

I'm sorry.

(Now something may be said about my space aliens and torture in chains. But I never put I filled in the blank with someone's name here, I don't think).
    DIvegeester has a tendency using personal attacks on the posters that he disagrees with. It is strange behavior to say the least.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:40
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Who is in a better position to know whether or not the things I have claimed about my sister and my past are true? You or me? I have no reason for lying about any of it.
    We have been over this before and I’m not interested in doing it again. My point was to Josephw.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:42
    I'm sorry.
    What are you apologising for?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:46
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What are you apologising for?
    Yes. On your behalf and for all readers who have to have read that, I am sorry we have such verbal cruelty going on here.

But I can forgive you in the Lord.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:532 edits
    Yes. On your behalf and for all readers who have to have read that, I am sorry we have such verbal cruelty going on here.

But I can forgive you in the Lord.
    But I’m not asking him, you, or all readers for forgiveness, I stand by what I posted which was an honest and frank assessment of the poster fetchmyjunk/dj2becker.

Perhaps “all readers” will want to comment on you providing vicarious forgiveness on their behalf. Perhaps your pious intercession is not sought nor welcome.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:54
    Insulting other posters is a sign of weak-mindedness if you ask me.
    I'll mention this theory of yours when you next insult a fellow poster.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:551 edit
    Freedom ...
    Freedom is in the experience of Christ.

Some people were asked to draw a scene and call it Peace.
    One person drew a beautiful sunset.
    Another person drew a calm lake.
    Another person painted a snowy white hill in the twilight.

Then one person painted the scene of a tumultuous and thunderous waterfall. Tons of water plunging violently over a cliff pounding down in torrents of splashes and mists below. And in front of the waterfall was a branch. And on the branch was a little bird asleep. This she called "Peace".

The point was made of peace starting not from the outward circumstances but inwardly present in spite of outward circumstances.

It is the same with Freedom. He who the Son sets free will be free indeed from the center and kernel of his being, regardless of circumstances, first.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:581 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship to divegeester
    On your behalf and for all readers who have to have read that, I am sorry we have such verbal cruelty going on here. But I can forgive you in the Lord.
    I've seen the likes of josephw attempt "verbal cruelty" on a regular basis for many many years. I cannot once recall you intervening and apologizing to other people on his behalf. Not once.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 07:331 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I'll mention this theory of yours when you next insult a fellow poster.
    Good to see that you agree with my assessment. I would be happy if you did.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 07:34
    Good to see that you agree with my assessment.
    I don't.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 07:37
    I don't.
    Well it certainly shows a lack of empathy. I thought empathy was one of the pillars of your moral sensibilities?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 07:44
    Well it certainly shows a lack of empathy. I thought empathy was one of the pillars of your moral sensibilities?
    I think both you and jospehw are a couple of self-righteous, weakminded, jerks ~ quite unlike most of the Christians I have met during my life's journey. This is an assessment - an insult, if you wish to call it that - that I can make regardless of whatever capacity for empathy I might have upon my adult's palette of interpersonal skills. No part of any definition of "empathy" precludes one from speaking candidly and honestly when one deems it appropriate.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 07:47
    I think both you and jospehw are a couple of self-righteous, weakminded, jerks ~ quite unlike most of the Christians I have met during my life's journey. This is an assessment - an insult, if you wish to call it that - that I can make regardless of whatever capacity for empathy I might have upon my adult's palette of interpersonal skills. No part of any definit ...[text shortened]... on of "empathy" precludes one from speaking candidly and honestly when one deems it appropriate.
    Self righteous because we believe that we are just as sinful as the next person and weak minded because we believe in God. Sure.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 07:53
    Self righteous because we believe that we are just as sinful as the next person and weak minded because we believe in God. Sure.
    No, self-righteous as in "having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior"; and weakminded as in "lacking intellectual capacity" [to which I would add a lack of interpersonal skills]. I have met countless people who believe in "sin" and who believe in supernatural beings who I haven't found to be self-righteous and weakminded at all. So it's not about your beliefs, it's about how you conduct yourselves and your intellectual and interpersonal shortcomings.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 07:591 edit
    No, self-righteous as in "having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior"; and weakminded as in "lacking intellectual capacity" [to which I would add a lack of interpersonal skills]. I have met countless people who believe in "sin" and who believe in supernatural beings who I haven't found to ...[text shortened]... efs, it's about how you conduct yourselves and your intellectual and interpersonal shortcomings.
    'Unfounded' according to your subjective opinion, which you seem to be applying to me as if it were an objective standard. No intellectual shortcomings or self righteousness there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree