1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Nov '17 00:58
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I've seen the likes of josephw attempt "verbal cruelty" on a regular basis for many many years.
    Attempt?

How can you be so cruel?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '17 01:08
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Attempt?

How can you be so cruel?
    You are probably one of the dimmest and most spiteful "Christian" posters in this community and probably completely repulsive to people who might be interested in your ugly Dasa-like version of your retail religion. So, my suggestion that your attempted verbal cruelty is lame should be viewed in that context. 😉
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Nov '17 01:39
    [b]"I think he aligns himself with what he agrees with.
    Shocking!"

1.It would be shocking if he aligned himself with the Bible and agreed with God.

"Besides which, when did this become "us v them"? "

2. Have you been sleeping all these years? Ever play a game of chess?

"Do you have to make debate so adversarial?"

3. I don't. It's forced on me. Did you read the awful thing divegeester said to dj2?[/b]
    1. He does agree with his god ... just not yours perhaps.

2. Life is not chess. Grow up.

3. I didn't. Can't imagine it's anything undeserved.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Nov '17 21:02
    You are probably one of the dimmest and most spiteful "Christian" posters in this community and probably completely repulsive to people who might be interested in your ugly Dasa-like version of your retail religion. So, my suggestion that your attempted verbal cruelty is lame should be viewed in that context. 😉
    Dimmest, spiteful, repulsive, ugly, cruelty and lame.

I think there's a few words missing.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '17 21:10
    Dimmest, spiteful, repulsive, ugly, cruelty and lame.

I think there's a few words missing.
    Prideful, self-contradicting, pompous and lacking in courage were missing, it's true. 😉
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '17 09:35
    Did you read the awful thing divegeester said to dj2?
    Which one?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Nov '17 10:011 edit
    I think have I answered this question i.e. 1 and 2 above What about you? Have you ever not been compassionate for any reason?
    If you don’t believe that being compassionate at all times is obligatory and you don’t believe that we are created in the image of God and have intrinsic worth, what is your rationale for always trying to be compassionate? Are you compassionate because you believe it is always the right thing to do?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Nov '17 10:17
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If you don’t believe that being compassionate at all times is obligatory and you don’t believe that we are created in the image of God and have intrinsic worth, what is your rationale for always trying to be compassionate? Are you compassionate because you believe it is always the right thing to do?
    The phrasing of your question implies that you think compassion is obligatory.
    Is that the only reason you are compassionate?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Nov '17 10:211 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    The phrasing of your question implies that you think compassion is obligatory.
    Is that the only reason you are compassionate?
    Of course not. Compassion is one of God’s characteristics. We are created in His image so we all have some of that in us. What good reason does atheistic evolution coupled with the notion of survival or the fittest give us to feel compassion for someone who does not deserve it?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '17 10:36
    Of course not. Compassion is one of God’s characteristics. We are created in His image so we all have some of that in us. What good reason does atheistic evolution coupled with the notion of survival or the fittest give us to feel compassion for someone who does not deserve it?
    Sorry to butt in, but I do not fully understand the question.

You seem to think that "We are created in His image", and (["atheistic evolution", whatever this means]) evolution are somehow at odds.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '17 10:48
    [1]If you don’t believe that being compassionate at all times is obligatory and you don’t believe that we are created in the image of God and have intrinsic worth, what is your rationale for always trying to be compassionate? [2] Are you compassionate because you believe it is always the right thing to do?
    [1] My humanity, my character. This aspect of our each and every unique nature varies from individual to individual. Me for example, I am not always compassionate.

[2] No. But if I were a carer in an old people's home, for example, I might be obliged to treat the residents in a compassionate way, even if it were not sincerely felt.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '17 10:52
    So, do you claim that you 'project' empathy and love all the time? My question is about what you personally claim you do, not about "God's command".
    Bump for dj2becker from page 4.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Nov '17 11:41
    Survival of the gene.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Nov '17 11:50
    Prideful, self-contradicting, pompous and lacking in courage were missing, it's true. 😉
    Oh come on now! Is that all? 🙂
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Nov '17 11:52
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Which one?
    "Thing" is all inclusive. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree