1. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 16:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    He sounds as though he knows what he is talking about to me. Then again perhaps you are more an expert in his field than he is.
    Evolution quite clearly is not his field. And yet, I am clearly more expert in the field of evolution than he is.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If he had anything scientific and not religious, he would be in for a Nobel prize. Instead of submitting a scientific paper on the matter, he chose to talk to Awake. Basically, he's got nothing.
    I don't think he claims to have anything making your assertion logically fallacious.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    robbie can't even get to the end of page one of his own thread without going furtive! 😀
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 16:01
    He sounds as though he knows what he is talking about to me.
    Yes, its easy to bamboozle someone with no scientific knowledge whatsoever, especially when he is on record as not wanting to learn any more.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    Evolution quite clearly is not his field. And yet, I am clearly more expert in the field of evolution than he is.
    really? How do you know what he has studied so that you can make the claim that you know more about it than he does?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    Yes, its easy to bamboozle someone with no scientific knowledge whatsoever, especially when he is on record as not wanting to learn any more.
    where does he state that he does not want to learn anymore.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 16:03
    I don't think he claims to have anything making your assertion logically fallacious.
    He claimed:
    For me, such design simply could not have evolved.

Now either he is claiming to have something, or he just pulled that out of where the sun don't shine.

I think we both agree that he doesn't have anything that would stand up to scientific scrutiny - hence his choice to try and peddle it to uneducated folk like you.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 16:031 edit
    really? How do you know what he has studied so that you can make the claim that you know more about it than he does?
    From the statement you quoted him making - it is obvious.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 16:06
    He claimed:
    For me, such design simply could not have evolved.

Now either he is claiming to have something, or he just pulled that out of where the sun don't shine.

I think we both agree that he doesn't have anything that would stand up to scientific scrutiny - hence his choice to try and peddle it to uneducated folk like you.
    Its a subjective reality, why you should have a problem with it I cannot say.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 16:08
    No its not obvious, you have made a claim that you know more about evolution than him, you were asked how you came to that conclusion, surely you must have made a comparison of what he has studied and what you have studied or are we to assume that your statement is based on nothing but your own arrogance and your ignorance of what he has studied.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 16:09
    Where does he state that he does not want to learn anymore, is this another claim that you have arrogantly made without the slightest evidence?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 16:19
    As suspected twithead has arrogantly made claims that he cannot substantiate, fabricated untruths and has shown himself to be a thoroughly disreputable character in the process. No surprises there.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 16:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Talking of the JW org and blood, the Watchtower once quoted Brazilian surgeon Dr Américo Valério as saying transfusions were often followed by -- "moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression, inferiority complexes, petty crimes" and Dr Alonzo Jay Shadman claiming that a person's blood "contains all the peculiarities of the individual ... [including] hereditar ...[text shortened]... ce the impulse to commit suicide, murder, or steal are in the blood."

Do you agree with this?
    I posted that linked about 2 years ago - you should have been a lawyer!
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 17:06
    I provide the following for the edification of our atheist friends.

For more than a decade, Frédéric Dumoulin has worked in the field of pharmaceutical research at Ghent University in Belgium. At one time he was an atheist. But later Frédéric became convinced that God created life. Awake! asked Frédéric—who is now one of Jehovah’s Witnesses—about ...[text shortened]... chemical, and electrical barriers. For me, such design simply could not have evolved.

jw.org
    For your edification, here is an article by a former Jehovah's Witness turned atheist. 🙂

http://americanhumanist.org/HNN/details/2012-03-on-jehovahs-witnesses-as-told-by-an-ex-jehovahs-witn
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 17:08
    Its a subjective reality, why you should have a problem with it I cannot say.
    Reality, is not subjective. Either something could have evolved, or it couldn't. There is nothing subjective about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree