1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 11:59
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You urge me to "go in peace"? You mean, go from this debate and discussion forum?
    If you would like to leave you don't need anyone's permission.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:21
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If you would like to leave you don't need anyone's permission.
    sonship recently opined that "living by self-improvement or trying hard to do better is not true Christian morals." Do you agree?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:28
    sonship recently opined that "living by self-improvement or trying hard to do better is not true Christian morals." Do you agree?
    Quote his exact words and I shall respond.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:42
    Quote his exact words and I shall respond.
    Don't bother to respond then.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:47
    Quick, quick, some Christian disagree with sonship.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:48
    Don't bother to respond then.
    Ah because when you actually quote him you can’t put words in his mouth. No surprise there.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:50
    Ah because when you actually quote him you can’t put words in his mouth. No surprise there.
    I'll ask you then: as a Christian, do you think that living by self-improvement or trying hard to do better is not true Christian morals?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:51
    Originally posted by @sonship
    dj2becker hasn't answered yet. You shouldn't be so scared of discussion, sonship. It's what this forum is for, even if you use it more like it's your blog. It's for debate and discussion.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:56
    Funny how he goes from ‘don’t bother to respond then’ to using the words he claimed were yours as his own.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:571 edit
    You urge me to "go in peace"? You mean, go from this debate and discussion forum?
    No. Added to your neat row of strawmen arguments like another little doll.

I meant you should participate in any self help program that you think will help you.

You're building up one thing.
    God's salvation is building up something else.

Do you understand?
    if you have a problem with drugs, go to some drug treatment clinic. Do not feel convicted about that. Go in peace.

Of you have a problem with something else, go with a clear conscience to some self help program.

I am not anti-Self Help programs.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:59
    Funny how he goes from ‘don’t bother to respond then’ to using the words he claimed were yours as his own.
    Yes, it goes from don't bother to respond to my direct question as to whether you agree with sonship or not, and perhaps respond to this question about your own opinion instead: do you think that living by self-improvement or trying hard to do better is not true Christian morals?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:59
    What am I then? When it comes to the Christian victory, it is faith in what Jesus Christ can be for us and in us, plus His own faithfulness. Our confidence is in this Perfect Person whom God has made available for believers.

" For we are the circumcision, the ones who serve by the Spirit of God and boast in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh." (Phil. 3:3)

"boast ... in ... Christ ... Jesus ... and have NO CONFIDENCE ... in the flesh."
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 13:02
    I meant you should participate in any self help program that you think will help you.
    I wasn't asking about what I should do. How on earth can you think this distillation of what is being discussed is anything other than a bromide bears-poo-in-the-woods kind of statement?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 13:05
    dj2becker hasn't answered yet. You shouldn't be so scared of discussion, sonship. It's what this forum is for, even if you use it more like it's your blog. It's for debate and discussion.
    Is there a rule for not being scared for discussion which is a waste of time with someone ? I didn't see a rule against that.

Stop trying to DEFINE the Forum as a place where people have to perpetually quarrel with you to qualify as legitimate users of the Forum.

Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

Perpetual argument with you does not define the purpose and nature of this Forum. Get use to it.

By the way, I've responded pretty consistently to you here.
    You're not the only poster I want to convey something to.

And if it sounds like a blog to you, that's just too bad.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 13:09
    Is there a rule for not being scared for discussion which is a waste of time with someone ? I didn't see a rule against that.
    Just ignore my posts then sonship. Let others decide for themselves if my observations and questions are relevant or a waste of time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree