1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 05:49
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The Christian church knows of no instructions about stoning or administering death sentences.
    Do you believe that the god your Christian church worships once deemed killing homosexuals by pelting them with stones to be morally sound?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 05:502 edits
    Joe Dallas was a Pro Gay Theology apologist for six years.
    He had a change of mind in his overcoming of his own homosexuality through Christ.
    Familiar with most of the standard arguments that may soon appear in this thread.

I Was an Apologist for Gay Theology | Joe Dallas

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFr8Eh46-z8
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 05:52
    Pro Gay Theology apologist for six years.
    He had a change of mind in his overcoming of his own homosexuality.
    Did your Abrahamic god have a change of mind about requiring humans to execute homosexuals for engaging in sexual acts?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 06:23
    [b]I await your answers to my two questions.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

dj2becker, have you any idea how many answers from FMF to your questions, you are still awaiting ?[/b]
    I have lost count to be honest.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 12:43
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    I have lost count to be honest.
    Yes, you are 'forgetful', indeed. But it's just a gimmick, I think.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 22:532 edits
    Originally posted by @vivify
    The problem with what you say is that you have no reason for objecting to homosexuality other than your beliefs. You can't actually name what's wrong with homosexuality, or how it harms another person. No specifics, only vague generalities. To object to something without a reason is senseless.
    The problem with what you say is that you have no reason for objecting to homosexuality other than your beliefs. You can't actually name what's wrong with homosexuality, or how it harms another person. No specifics, only vague generalities. To object to something without a reason is senseless.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it damages the character of man in a way of twisted affection.
    Unbridled heterosexual greed also damages the vessel of man created for God.

Idolatry damages man. And when we replace God with something else which is of utmost importance to us we create an idol. Idolatry perverts the man mentally and spiritually.

For example, I hear that there is an American professor of a college advocating bestiality. Only unrestrained and extremely greedy lust would think of committing bestiality.

" And you shall not lie with any beast to defile yourself with it; neither shall any woman stand before a beast, to lie down with it;

it is confusion." (Lev. 18:23)

In principle other forms of excessive lustful fornication are also "confusion" and damaging to humanity.

The bible called it "confusion". And I get the impression that this "confusion" is damaging to the human vessel. You know some forms of venereal disease entered into the human race because of human / animal sex acts, I do believe.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 23:09
    That God did not always react in exactly the same manner with the same sin does not indicate a change in God's attitude towards the sin. It often reveals more of God's heart and mind towards a matter.

He had told the mob eager to stone the adulterous -
    "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." (John 8:7b)

This does not represent a change in God's mind towards adultery. It does reveal a further unveiling of His heart towards the sinner so that we see more of the disclosure of His being.

The woman in John 8 was destined to be stoned by the Israelites because of being caught in the act of adultery. That Jesus SAVED her from being stoned by touching each of the consciences of her accusers did not represent a CHANGE in God's mind about adultery.

It did, however, expand the revelation of God's heart to include more of our realization of His will in the matter.

" And Jesus stood up and said to her, Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?

And she said, No one, Lord. And Jesus said, Neither do I condemn you, go and from now on sin no more." (John 8:10,)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 23:151 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Did your Abrahamic god have a change of mind about requiring humans to execute homosexuals for engaging in sexual acts?
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Your Creator progressively unveils His being through the Bible. And often something more and something additional your Creator is manifesting in the Bible.

This is why we do not always see your Creator deal with every infraction against His law in the same manner exactly. Something further of His heart God wants to unveil to man.

I have given the example above of the woman caught in adultery in John 8 whom the crowd wanted to stone according to the law of Moses. Christ unveiled something further about God in the progressive revelation to round out the fuller picture of God's nature.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '17 23:261 edit
    God, through the pages of the Bible, is progresively unveiling the truth about Himself.
    He hates sin. But that is not all - that He only hates sin.

He also wants to unveil His omniscience in every man's condition. Not just the hatred for sin we need to see. We also need to see other aspects of God.

Jonah is a book unveiling the reluctance of God to have to judge a sinful people.
    The last sentence of Jonah demonstrates that God knew to the NUMBER, how many people should be exempted in the condemnation of that society.

This was progressive revelation. Not a change in God's mind about Nineveh's sins, but indication of His awareness of the vested interest of less than pure prophets. And also it shows God's infallible knowledge of the exact circumstances of all the people in the city in danger of judgment.

Jonah's last verse:

" And Jehovah said, You had pity on the tree that you did not labor for nor cause to grow, which came into being overnight and perished overnight;

And I, should I not have pity on Nineveh, the great city, in which are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot discern between their right hand and their left, and many cattle?" (Jonah 4:11)

In judgment God is infinitely knowledgeable and precise. And He can have great pity.
    But He is also absolutely righteous.

Not a change of mind but a further revelation of His nature.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 03:25
    Your Creator progressively unveils His being through the Bible. And often something more and something additional your Creator is manifesting in the Bible.

This is why we do not always see your Creator deal with every infraction against His law in the same manner exactly. Something further of His heart God wants to unveil to man.
    ...[text shortened]... her[/i] about God in the progressive revelation to round out the fuller picture of God's nature.
    If your god figure deemed it morally sound for his followers to kill gays, and now he doesn't deem it morally sound, is that not a change?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 03:29
    Yes, you are 'forgetful', indeed. But it's just a gimmick, I think.
    If you haven’t lost count feel free to set the record straight.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 03:34
    If you haven’t lost count feel free to set the record straight.
    Like several other people here, I refuse to play along with your 'we've never discussed this before' trolling, with all your punchlines attendant thereto ['I've never asked you that before', 'If it was worth saying, you'd repeat it', 'so you're saying it's OK for people to do evil things'... etc. etc. ad nauseam]. When you ask about something new, or attempt to move the discussion along like a grown up, I do not dodge on-topic questions
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 03:38
    If your god figure deemed it morally sound for his followers to kill gays, and now he doesn't deem it morally sound, is that not a change?
    The word gay does not appear In the Bible by the way. The rules for the old and the new covenant are different. The death of Jesus on the cross changed everything.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 03:39
    The word gay does not appear In the Bible by the way.
    So?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 03:40
    The rules for the old and the new covenant are different. The death of Jesus on the cross changed everything.
    Killings gays was once morally sound; now it isn't morally sound.

That's a change of morality, is it not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree