From the Law to Grace

From the Law to Grace

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Nov 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Like several other people here, I refuse to play along with your 'we've never discussed this before' trolling, with all your punchlines attendant thereto ['I've never asked you that before', 'If it was worth saying, you'd repeat it', 'so you're saying it's OK for people to do evil things'... etc. etc. ad nauseam]. When you ask about something new, or attempt to move the discussion along like a grown up, I do not dodge on-topic questions
Of course I would only be ‘moving the discussion along’ when it suits you. When it doesn’t suit you to answer you ‘refuse to play along’.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Of course I would only be ‘moving the discussion along’ when it suits you. When it doesn’t suit you to answer you ‘refuse to play along’.
I don't play along when you are pretending not to have read or you are pretending not to have understood the content of previous answers to your posts.

Moves
23 Nov 17

So?
The word gay as you use it is loaded. It means natural behavior. The Bible doesn't seem to indicate that it is natural.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

The word gay as you use it is loaded. It means natural behavior. The Bible doesn't seem to indicate that it is natural.
Use the word homosexual if you prefer. So "gay" doesn't appear in the Bible. How many times does the word "homosexual" or "homosexuality" appear in the Bible?

Moves
23 Nov 17

Killings gays was once morally sound; now it isn't morally sound.

That's a change of morality, is it not?
Matthew 5:38

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Jesus brought about the new covenant. So yes, rules that applied in the past no longer did.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

The word gay as you use it is loaded.
I use it 100% interchangeably with "homosexual" and "lesbian" [for women]. Bear this in mind when I use the word "gay"; you are entitled to think whatever you want about these words, it makes no difference to me.

Moves
23 Nov 17

Use the word homosexual if you prefer. So "gay" doesn't appear in the Bible. How many times does the word "homosexual" or "homosexuality" appear in the Bible?
They don't so maybe you shouldn't put words in the Bible that aren't there.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

Jesus brought about the new covenant. So yes, rules that applied in the past no longer did.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

They don't so maybe you shouldn't put words in the Bible that aren't there.
Well, what word would you want non-superstitious people to use when referring to gays/homosexuals?

Moves
23 Nov 17

The rules of the old covenant no longer apply. The word morality is not used in the Bible.

Moves
23 Nov 17

Well, what word would you want non-superstitious people to use when referring to gays/homosexuals?
You are free to use whichever words you prefer.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17
1 edit

The rules of the old covenant no longer apply. The word morality is not used in the Bible.
"The word morality is not used in the Bible" but you've been going on about how you get your supposedly "objective standard" for morality from it for months. So the "rules" changed, you say. Does that mean killing gays (or whatever you want to call people with homosexual orientation) was once morally sound but now it isn't morally sound anymore, Is that right?

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

You are free to use whichever words you prefer.
What words do you use to refer to gays/homosexuals? Surely you use the same words as me? What is this red herring in aid of?

Moves
23 Nov 17

"The word morality is not used in the Bible" but you've been going on about how you get your supposedly "objective standard" for morality from it for months. So the "rules" changed, you say. Does that mean killing gays (or whatever you want to call people with homosexual orientation) was once morally sound but now it isn't morally sound anymore, Is that right?
Maybe it would be more accurate to say that Jesus changed the way in which we should apply the law, when He said that he who has no sin should throw the first stone.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

Maybe it would be more accurate to say that Jesus changed the way in which we should apply the law, when He said that he who has no sin should throw the first stone.
You seem to want to separate 'morality' from the act of killing. Was it morally sound for the ancient Hebrews to kill gays?