1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '12 13:204 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    most people who have hard lives find time to have fun regardless of their spirituality. comedy is a good example. many of us use it to joke and laugh at the things that cause us pain. or use it as escapism to forget about our ills.
    i can accept that they are rejoicing because of their love for god. what im mearly pointing out that you said christians ...[text shortened]... a few hours. we've all done it, nothing here shows me they have anything a atheist doesnt have.
    most people who have hard lives find time to have fun regardless of their spirituality. comedy is a good example. many of us use it to joke and laugh at the things that cause us pain. or use it as escapism to forget about our ills.
    i can accept that they are rejoicing because of their love for god. what im mearly pointing out that you said christians have a powerfull joy and calmness that they are not always aware of but its there and can help in hard times. i dont think the videos are an example of this, its just a bunch of kids having fun and forgetting about their home problems for a few hours. we've all done it, nothing here shows me they have anything a atheist doesnt have.

You may think anything you find a more rational explaining away of the Christian gospel and its wonderful effects.

But we joy, young and old, when we realize that we are gaining Christ through our experiences. We do not wait for hard times. But they do help to press our spiritual roots deeper into this living Christ.

But if it is kids, explain it away.
    If is older people, explain that away too.
    If it is middle age people, explain that away also.

There will always, until the Lord descends again physically, be explanations as alternatives to faith in the living Christ.

" ... Say this, His disciples came by night and stole Him away while we slept ... And this account has been widely spread among the Jews until this day." (Matt. 28:13,15)
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '12 13:30
    Originally posted by jaywill

There will always, until the Lord descends again physically, be explanations as alternatives to faith in the living Christ.
    i hope you are wrong, just for the billions of non-christian people that have lived or are living that will suffer if you are right.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '12 13:411 edit
    i hope you are wrong, just for the billions of non-christian people that have lived or are living that will suffer if you are right.
    You have no knowledge of the numerical proportions of suffering. This is the "Can't be right because too many people will suffer" logic. But there are some unknowns in the universe. And we have no hard statistics on that except that everyone living passes through SOME suffering.

Don't say "The Gospel cannot be true because that statistics of suffering people would be too great."

When the disciples pointedly asked Jesus about proportions of saved to lost people, He never gave a completely direct answer. His reply was something like "You do what you are suppose to do" [paraphrasaed]

We do not know the statistical proportions of these things. We only know what it is the Lord has told US to do as a reaction to the Good News coming to us.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '12 14:54
    You have no knowledge of the numerical proportions of suffering. This is the "Can't be right because too many people will suffer" logic. But there are some unknowns in the universe. And we have no hard statistics on that except that everyone living passes through SOME suffering.

Don't say "The Gospel cannot be true because that statistics of suffering p ...[text shortened]... know what it is the Lord has told US to do as a reaction to the Good News coming to us.
    i didnt say it "cant be true" i said "i hope its not true"

im basing my stats on "thou shalt not worship false idols" there have been billions, id say around 60 billion that have broken just this commandment never mind the rest. is god going to forgive them? are the resurrected aztec's, north american indians, vikings, mesopotamians, the mongol empire, zulu', the mau mau and all the other ancient and old civilizations going to make it through gods criteria to get into heaven?

there is another problem even if god lets nearly everybody into the afterlife it doesnt mean the people who belong to another faith will be accept it. to them it will feel like their god has been conquered, they will not accept if peacefully. would you accept allah as your lord?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '12 15:081 edit
    i didnt say it "cant be true" i said "i hope its not true"

im basing my stats on "thou shalt not worship false idols" there have been billions, id say around 60 billion that have broken just this commandment never mind the rest. is god going to forgive them? are the resurrected aztec's, north american indians, vikings, mesopotamians, the mongol empir been conquered, they will not accept if peacefully. would you accept allah as your lord?
    didnt say it "cant be true" i said "i hope its not true"

That's right. My mistake.

im basing my stats on "thou shalt not worship false idols" there have been billions, id say around 60 billion that have broken just this commandment never mind the rest. is god going to forgive them?

It says nothing about suffering though, there.

are the resurrected aztec's, north american indians, vikings, mesopotamians, the mongol empire, zulu', the mau mau and all the other ancient and old civilizations going to make it through gods criteria to get into heaven?

I thought the mau mau was an anti imperialist terrorist or freedom fighting group.

there is another problem even if god lets nearly everybody into the afterlife it doesnt mean the people who belong to another faith will be accept it. to them it will feel like their god has been conquered, they will not accept if peacefully. would you accept allah as your lord?

I have no further comment. If I do it will be related to the Fruits of the Spirit.

To many talks always gravitate into a discussion of who gets saved and who does not get saved. No offense. But too many times talks on other subjects here bend into that direction. Today I just have no burden to debate on that much. (Didn't say it is all only your fault though).
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '12 15:28
    didnt say it "cant be true" i said "i hope its not true"

That's right. My mistake.

im basing my stats on "thou shalt not worship false idols" there have been billions, id say around 60 billion that have broken just this commandment never mind the rest. is god going to forgive them?

It says nothing about sufferi ...[text shortened]... have no burden to debate on that much. (Didn't say it is all only your fault though).
    the mau mau wouldnt accept the rule of somebody else's beliefs (phew! good recovery)

i understand, things do go off topic very quickly and i think weve argued around in a few circles too many (for now!!!)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree