1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 12:33
    The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Is it true that those who believe in Jesus but have a weakness such as alcohol or sexual immorality will not go to heaven? Is Paul just a Pharisee and a liar?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 May '18 12:44
    Originally posted by @eladar
    [b]The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Is it true that th ...[text shortened]... such as alcohol or sexual immorality will not go to heaven? Is Paul just a Pharisee and a liar?[/b]
    Galatians 5:22-25
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
    If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

This is true of those that believe in Jesus.

1 John 1:6-9
    If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
    But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
    If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

That is also true of those that believe in Jesus.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 12:48
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Galatians 5:22-25
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
    If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

This is true of those that believe in Jesus.
    ...[text shortened]... and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

That is also true of those that believe in Jesus.
    So you are saying that simply relying on Jesus for your salvation is not enough.

That will get you labeled a Pharisee around here.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:29
    So you are saying that simply relying on Jesus for your salvation is not enough.

That will get you labeled a Pharisee around here.
    Are you another one who denies the power of God’s Holy Spirit? Do you believe God’s Holy Spirit indwells a person when he or she sincerely accepts Christ and believes in Him and His Resurrection?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:31
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Are you another one who denies the power of God’s Holy Spirit? Do you believe God’s Holy Spirit indwells a person when he or she sincerely accepts Christ and believes in Him and His Resurrection?
    If the person accepts Jesus and has the holy spirit then the person's action will reflect that fact.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:38
    So you are saying that simply relying on Jesus for your salvation is not enough. ?
    No. I'm saying that relying on Jesus for salvation is all there is to rely on for salvation.

I'll assume you know that there is no sacrifice under the law for murder and adultery.

Yet David did both and obtained mercy.

Romans 11:6
    And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:451 edit
    No. I'm saying that relying on Jesus for salvation is all there is to rely on for salvation.

I'll assume you know that there is no sacrifice under the law for murder and adultery.

Yet David did both and obtained mercy.

Romans 11:6
    And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
    Now you are playing word games which leads people to destruction. If what you wrote is true as many believe it, then Jesus would never reject anyone who calls him Lord.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:02
    If the person accepts Jesus and has the holy spirit then the person's action will reflect that fact.
    Not always. That’s why Paul wrote of the struggle between the Spirit and the flesh.

Certainly someone who is living in the Spirit by regularly reading God’s Word and prayer will reflect that in his or her actions and life.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:07
    Not always. That’s why Paul wrote of the struggle between the Spirit and the flesh.

Certainly someone who is living in the Spirit by regularly reading God’s Word and prayer will reflect that in his or her actions and life.
    Not exactly what is written in Galatians 5. Paul says if you persist in a sinful lifestyle you will not receive salvation.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:251 edit

You do bring up a good point which leads many to destruction. Paul writes no one is perfect so there is no such thing as a sinful lifestyle described in Galatians 5.

It is a lie spread in many churches and spread by false christians in this forum. It is the most common lie that I have seen.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:38
    You do bring up a good point which leads many to destruction. Paul writes no one is perfect so there is no such thing as a sinful lifestyle described in Galatians 5.

It is a lie spread in many churches and spread by false christians in this forum. It is the most common lie that I have seen.
    There’s an enormous difference between occasionally sinning and repenting with genuine remorse and willfully sinning or living a lifestyle of sin.

Too many Christ deniers on here see no distinction between the two when the chasm is as wide as a country mile.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:40
    Not exactly what is written in Galatians 5. Paul says if you persist in a sinful lifestyle you will not receive salvation.
    There’s an enormous difference between occasionally sinning and repenting with genuine remorse afterward and willfully living a life of sin with neither repentance nor remorse.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:42
    There’s an enormous difference between occasionally sinning and repenting with genuine remorse and willfully sinning or living a lifestyle of sin.

Too many Christ deniers on here see no distinction between the two when the chasm is as wide as a country mile.
    Looks like we agree with each other. We simply disagree on semantics.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    27 May '18 00:081 edit
    Now you are playing word games which leads people to destruction. If what you wrote is true as many believe it, then Jesus would never reject anyone who calls him Lord.
    I didn't say it. Jesus did.

John 6:37-40
    All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
    For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
    And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
    And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 May '18 00:331 edit
    I didn't say it. Jesus did.

John 6:37-40
    All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
    For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
    And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should r ...[text shortened]... e Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
    Where does this say people can't believe they have come to Christ but really didn't.

All you have quoted is a verse about the fact that God predestines who will be saved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree