1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 20:291 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Ermm............i haven't provided a link in this thread.

What does the article in the OP, which i have read, disprove?
    The Truth. 😛
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 20:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    The Truth. 😛
    Well, nobody found a cherubim with an omnidirectional flaming sword yet.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 21:591 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Well, nobody found a cherubim with an omnidirectional flaming sword yet.
    I think that once it is found it would be too late for the finder.

Chop chop. 😉
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 10:43
    The Truth. 😛
    Mmmmmm...........i think we'll end this before you end up looking a bigger wally than you do already.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 11:35
    Mmmmmm...........i think we'll end this before you end up looking a bigger wally than you do already.
    I think you're right. 😉

What bugs me though is the idea that whenever these scientist/archaeologist folk dig a hole in the earth and find more ancient artifacts they immediately fit it all into this grand design within the evolutionary model.

I don't care how many thousands of digs they make, there are a million more scattered all over the earth. The picture is too big and science is too small for them to reach such conclusions. There are far too many other variables. Too many years, and too many people, and too many grave yards. Dating anything farther back than 10,000 years is pure speculation.

I'm not saying it's all hogwash, all I'm saying is is that pushing a theory that can't be verified is arrogant.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:06
    I think you're right. 😉

What bugs me though is the idea that whenever these scientist/archaeologist folk dig a hole in the earth and find more ancient artifacts they immediately fit it all into this grand design within the evolutionary model.

I don't care how many thousands of digs they make, there are a million more scattered all over the earth. The ...[text shortened]... ll hogwash, all I'm saying is is that pushing a theory that can't be verified is arrogant.
    What's arrogant is thinking you know better than countless scientists who have spent their lives working in their particular scientific field. You think you know more about evolutionary biology than an evolutionary biology? You've told me that you haven't read any literature by any evlutionary biologist, what makes you better qualified than them? Please, your ego doesn't count as an valid answer.

An analogy for you. I don't know what you do now but i remember you talked about farming at some point in your life. I don't know anything about farming, other than visiting friends famrs when i was growing up. Now imagine i turn up at your farm one day, knowing nothing about farming and started mouting off like this -

'That's not how you do it'

'You don't want to do it like that'

'What do you know about farming?'

You'd think i was a tosser, and rightly so. Now think about that.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:30
    What's arrogant is thinking you know better than countless scientists who have spent their lives working in their particular scientific field. You think you know more about evolutionary biology than an evolutionary biology? You've told me that you haven't read any literature by any evlutionary biologist, what makes you better qualified than them? Please, ...[text shortened]... arming?'[/i]

You'd think i was a tosser, and rightly so. Now think about that.
    I'd say every farmer does it his own way.

But you're right again. I don't have or know a single thing that qualifies me to speak directly to the subject of biology.

But that's not what I'm doing in spite of what you think. I'm just throwing my two cents into the discussion.

Let the chips fall were they may. Evolution is bogus. There's only superficial evidence to support a wacky theory.
  8. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:45

But you're right again. I don't have or know a single thing that qualifies me to speak directly to the subject of biology.

But that's not what I'm doing in spite of what you think. I'm just throwing my two cents into the discussion.

Let the chips fall were they may. Evolution is bogus. There's only superficial evidence to support a wacky theory.
    Can you explain what evidence you are referring to and why it is superficial?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 14:01

I don't have or know a single thing that qualifies me to speak directly to the subject of biology.

And then.

Evolution is bogus.

You couldn't script this.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 14:03
    Originally posted by lausey
    Can you explain what evidence you are referring to and why it is superficial?
    I'm not saying it's not the evidence that is superficial. I'm appealing to reason.

In my opinion the theory of evolution is as it is said to be is just like stuffing a five pound bag full of ten pounds of sh t.

History will show that science is scraping the surface of something so big, and developing theories so broad, that one day it will be laughable.

Now just how deep a hole do you guys want my to dig? I don't mind.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 14:041 edit
    I don't have or know a single thing that qualifies me to speak directly to the subject of biology.

And then.

Evolution is bogus.

You couldn't script this.
    You"re taking me out of context, and fallaciously misrepresenting my meaning.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 14:08
    You"re taking me out of context, and fallaciously misrepresenting my meaning.
    No i'm not. You just said -

13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 14:361 edit
    No i'm not. You just said -

But I'm not talking about biology.

I'm talking about evolution.

What? Are you some kind of elitist? I don't care what you think you know about biology. It isn't enough.

Let's just keep it simple so you can understand. Scientists claim they have evidence for developing a theory about evolution. I understand the evidence even if I am not a scientist. I'm saying the evidence is said to be supportive of evolution, but that it isn't true because science doesn't know enough and is only scratching at the surface of all there is to know about life on this planet, and it is arrogant in the extreme to continue to publish reams and volumes of information about a scratch.

What I see are a bunch of pathetic little men with all their little props selling there wares on the information highway to a world of illiterates who are incapable of seeing through the charade.

Anyone who believes in evolution and not in a creator, and believes they are all alone and will die and be forgotten forever, has their mind in a self induced fog.

It's as simple as that. I have no faith in a science that produces evidence for a theory that causes anyone to be deceived into denying a Creator.

Anyway,...
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 14:54
    But I'm not talking about biology.

I'm talking about evolution.

What? Are you some kind of elitist? I don't care what you think you know about biology. It isn't enough.

Let's just keep it simple so you can understand. Scientists claim they have evidence for developing a theory about evolution. I understand the evidence even if I am not a scientist. ...[text shortened]... ce for a theory that causes anyone to be deceived into denying a Creator.

Anyway,...
    Here's a quote from the evolutionary biologist Theodosius Dobzhansky,

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

Evolution is biology. If you had read some literature on the subject you would have known this, instead you look like wally..........again.

For what it's worth, Theodosius Dobzhansky was a devout Christian. So you can put that atheist canard back in your pocket forthwith. As for the rest of your post, i'll just flush the chain.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 15:03
    Here's a quote from the evolutionary biologist Theodosius Dobzhansky,

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

Evolution is biology. If you had read some literature on the subject you would have known this, instead you look like wally..........again.

For what it's worth, Theodosius Dobzhansky was a devout Christia ...[text shortened]... ard back in your pocket forthwith. As for the rest of your post, i'll just flush the chain.
    We'll see.

A thousand years from now after we're dead and long forgotten. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree