1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 21:551 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    It just does not make sense to me. So for the last 94,000 years man just lived in caves ignorant and stupid? Then all of a sudden some cave man said hummm I think I will start a calendar? So only in the last 6K years man decided to start writing and keeping track of time. I would think that whole empires and kingdoms would have arose and think of the population from 100K or 200k years of procreation? Something just does not add up.

Manny
    “...It just does not make sense to me. So for the last 94,000 years man just lived in caves ignorant and stupid? ..”

no; “ignorant” yes, but not “stupid”!
    If you or I was born back then, then, through no fault of our own, we would have been “ignorant” (of basic science and modern concepts etc) , but no more “stupid” than we are now!
    Stupidity is not defined by lack of knowledge but what we do and how we think.

“....Then all of a sudden some cave man said hummm I think I will start a calendar? ...”

of course not. It would have been a gradual process that took many generations to evolve the concept.

“...So only in the last 6K years man decided to start writing ...”

yes; and they couldn't have “decided” before that because nobody successfully invented the concept before that and you cannot “decide” to use something you just don't have!

“....and keeping track of time....”

they probably kept track of time before that; just not with modern clocks etc and not with the same precision and concepts of time we have today.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 05:10
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    The apple core is long gone though, I suppose?
    Don't you mean fruit.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 11:441 edit
    The decision that Adam had in the garden is every bit as with us today as then.

You must decide between God's life and the knowledge of good and evil.

You have lived all your life as an natural man by the knowledge of good and evil. Now Christ comes as the life of God to enter into your heart.

"I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly".

Through Jesus Christ the very living Person of God can come to indwell you. He is the reality of the tree of life today.

The Edenic choice is still with us. Will be live a life independently from God with a knowledge of good and evil ? Or will we let Christ the Lord come into our hearts as the very divine and eternal life of God Himself ?

If we let Christ into our hearts then we can blend and merge with the uncreated divine life - "the Father". And we can be a man of life.

"In Him was life. And the life was the light of men."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree