1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 15:571 edit
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101210/sc_livescience/lostcivilizationmayhaveexistedbeneaththepersiangulf

Based on my previous studies I believe this is the Garden of Eden. Evidence includes the rivers described in the Bible. Also, it was destroyed by a flood.
  2. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 16:13
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Based on my previous studies I believe this is the Garden of Eden. Evidence includes the rivers described in the Bible. Also, it was destroyed by a flood.
    The apple core is long gone though, I suppose?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 17:40
    What on earth makes you think the garden of Edin was in the Middle east? Are the rivers named? What is so special about them that you can match them to the description in the Bible?

The real garden of Eden was in New Zealand. Don't forget that long after Adam left the garden, Noah spend a month on the high seas and was blown all the way to the Middle east. The massive geological effects that caused the flood and the flood itself changed the face of the earth so much that you can no longer accurately identify the exact rivers in New Zealand.
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 17:47
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    The apple core is long gone though, I suppose?
    Theres no apple in the Garden story nit wit.🙄
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 17:49
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Theres no apple in the Garden story nit wit.🙄
    dare i say it, Zing of the day!
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 18:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    dare i say it, Zing of the day!
    Your standards are pretty low.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 19:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What on earth makes you think the garden of Edin was in the Middle east? Are the rivers named? What is so special about them that you can match them to the description in the Bible?

The real garden of Eden was in New Zealand. Don't forget that long after Adam left the garden, Noah spend a month on the high seas and was blown all the way to the Middle e ...[text shortened]... f the earth so much that you can no longer accurately identify the exact rivers in New Zealand.
    New Zealand!

Everyone knows the garden of eden was the now garden of England - Kent.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 01:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead

The real garden of Eden was in New Zealand. Don't forget that long after Adam left the garden, Noah spend a month on the high seas and was blown all the way to the Middle e ...[text shortened]... f the earth so much that you can no longer accurately identify the exact rivers in New Zealand.
    Yes, the rivers are named.

[i]The Genesis creation narrative relates the geographical location of both Eden and the garden to four rivers (Pishon, Gihon, Tigris, Euphrates), and three regions (Havilah, Assyria, and Kush).[2] There are hypotheses that place Eden at the headwaters of the Tigris and Euphrates (northern Mesopotamia), in Iraq (Mesopotamia), Africa, and the Persian Gulf.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_of_Eden
  9. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 01:53
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Theres no apple in the Garden story nit wit.
    "Though the forbidden fruit in the Book of Genesis is not identified, popular Christian tradition holds that a serpent coaxed Adam and Eve to eat an apple from the forbidden tree in the Eden." [wiki]

Perhaps I had popular Christian tradition in mind.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 06:15
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101210/sc_livescience/lostcivilizationmayhaveexistedbeneaththepersiangulf

For clarification, I should say, I think this was Eden, not necessarily the garden itself.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 15:35

If it is there, then it is easy to find it, now when they know where to look for it.
    If they don't find it, then we can trust that it is just a myth, and nothing more.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 15:45

See what I mean?

Every time I turn around science discovers something else that disproves it's former findings.

Scienanarchy!

That's my new word for today. 🙂
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 15:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    See what I mean?

Every time I turn around science discovers something else that disproves it's former findings.

Scienanarchy!

That's my new word for today. 🙂
    What exactly does this prove and disprove?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 16:04
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What exactly does this prove and disprove?
    Apparently you didn't read the article in the link you provided.

Or if you did you missed it. Or maybe I made it up. 😉
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 16:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    Apparently you didn't read the article in the link you provided.

Or if you did you missed it. Or maybe I made it up. 😉
    Ermm............i haven't provided a link in this thread.

What does the article in the OP, which i have read, disprove?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree