1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 14:22
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    First of all, morally it's just wrong. Technically there is no problem getting married as that will only legally bind them according to human law. In the law of God, it is sin.

Same gender sex is sick. From a Christian point of view, i will never attend one even if it is my child getting married. I can just as well agree to have my child murder someone, standing aside saying nothing.

Gay is wrong. It is only lust in a very sick way.
    I can just as well agree to have my child murder someone, standing aside saying nothing.

How is comparing people having gay sex equivalent to murdering someone? I mean really, have a think Nicksten.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 15:09
    Originally posted by JS357
    Considering that attendance at a marriage is by invitation, I would not expect a couple to invite a person who they know strongly disapproves of their marriage. If they did so, I would not expect the person invited to attend. This is independent of the invitee's reasons for disapproving.

Incidentally, it is not automatic that a person who considers him or herself to be a Christian will disapprove of gay marriage per se.
    I do not disapprove of it either.

I am far, FAR more offended that some people in my Federal Government keep talking about putting in an amendment to our US Constitution to prohibit gay marriage. Amendments to our Constitution are for securing rights, not denying them. On this basis alone, in addition to thinking gays already have a right to marry who they want, I am against a gay marriage amendment.

From Wikipedia:
    "The Declaration [of Independence] justified the independence of the United States by listing colonial grievances against King George III, and by asserting certain natural and legal rights, including a right of revolution. Having served its original purpose in announcing independence, the text of the Declaration was initially ignored after the American Revolution. Since then, it has come to be considered a major statement on human rights, particularly its second sentence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

This has been called "one of the best-known sentences in the English language", containing "the most potent and consequential words in American history." The passage came to represent a moral standard to which the United States should strive. This view was notably promoted by Abraham Lincoln, who considered the Declaration to be the foundation of his political philosophy, and argued that the Declaration is a statement of principles through which the United States Constitution should be interpreted. It has inspired work for the rights of marginalized people throughout the world."

Well said. We do not need to turn around and add an amendment to our Constitution that flies in the face of this principle. As I said earlier, I am far, FAR more offended by Americans trying to do this than by any gay Americans exercising their right to "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 21:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne

I am far, FAR more offended that some people in my Federal Government keep talking about putting in an amendment to our US Constitution to prohibit gay marriage. Amendments to our Constitution are for securing rights, not denying them. On this basis alone, in addition to thinking gays already have a right to marry who ...[text shortened]... ny gay Americans exercising their right to "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".
    What she said...
  4. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 21:57

I am far, FAR more offended that some people in my Federal Government keep talking about putting in an amendment to our US Constitution to prohibit gay marriage. Amendments to our Constitution are for securing rights, not denying them. On this basis alone, in addition to thinking gays already have a right to marry who ...[text shortened]... ny gay Americans exercising their right to "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".
    That gets my vote too.

--- Penguin
  5. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 22:17

Suzianne roars like a lioness and the jungle hears...
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 23:31
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    First of all, morally it's just wrong. Technically there is no problem getting married as that will only legally bind them according to human law. In the law of God, it is sin.

Same gender sex is sick. From a Christian point of view, i will never attend one even if it is my child getting married. I can just as well agree to have my child murder someone, standing aside saying nothing.

Gay is wrong. It is only lust in a very sick way.
    Would you murder your child if he was gay? If not, why not?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 01:06
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    What do you think from a spiritual (biblical) standpoint for friends, family or otherwise? Is it acceptable from the biblical point of view?
    Just curious as to what you think God's view is on this subject? Would he approve of it or not?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 21:49
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just curious as to what you think God's view is on this subject? Would he approve of it or not?
    Do you believe that the biblical point of view is different from God's view?
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 21:58
    If it's dressed up as a Christian ritual it might be blasphemous to attend such a wedding.

That is, if I cared about Christian blasphemy.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 11:48
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Considering the bible is the Word of God, I would suspect they are one and the same. John 1:1

-k
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 11:51
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    If it's dressed up as a Christian ritual it might be blasphemous to attend such a wedding.

That is, if I cared about Christian blasphemy.
    Do you believe a wedding to be an institution of God?

-k
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 18:59
    But surely this is not specifically an issue of gay marriage. Many Christians would object to various other weddings, on the grounds of prior marriage and divorce or disparity of cult (i.e. one not being Christian). The question also has to be asked, should a Christian who objects to divorce attend the wedding of a divorcee? Should a Christian who objects to disparity of cult attend the wedding of a Muslim and Christian? Or is a gay marriage fundamentally different?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 01:07
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    It's the same. God's word is God's word.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 02:11
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It's the same. God's word is God's word.
    So why even ask that question?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 04:151 edit
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    I would like to start a meaningful dialog on the appropriateness of Christians attending gay 'marriages', I am not interested in bashing of any type. What do you think, do Christians attend Gay 'marriages and what is you view/opinion based on? This ought to be interesting, looking forward to the comments.

-KD2ACZ
    I say go ahead and go if you want. Don't let others tell you what to do. I don't see any harm in attending a gay marriage, if it is legal and it is carried on in a dignified way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree