1. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 16:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I say go ahead and go if you want. Don't let others tell you what to do. I don't see any harm in attending a gay marriage, if it is legal and it is carried on in a dignified way.
    Just curious, what is your Christian background. You mention "if it is legal", what are your thoughts if in Pa gay marriage is not legal but it is in Ma. Say you had gay friends in both that we're getting married, do you goto the one and not the other because of legality? Interestered to know your thoughts, does your faith dictate in anyway? Personally, I wouldn't let anybody dictate such a thing to me, I am merely interested in knowing if others have experienced that 'between' a rock and a 'hard place' feeling and how it turned out.

-k
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 05:00
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    Just curious, what is your Christian background. You mention "if it is legal", what are your thoughts if in Pa gay marriage is not legal but it is in Ma. Say you had gay friends in both that we're getting married, do you goto the one and not the other because of legality? Interestered to know your thoughts, does your faith dictate in anyway? Personally, I ...[text shortened]... xperienced that 'between' a rock and a 'hard place' feeling and how it turned out.

-k
    Obviously, I am not one that would want to participate in any way with something that is not legal under the law. As a Christian, I believe in doing what is right and that means it must be legal under the law. Yes, I do use the Holy Bible and my Christian faith as a guide in what is right and wrong. But not every detail of what one can and can not do is spelled out by my religion. That is why I believe God has given mankind a conscience.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  3. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 05:043 edits
    Any Muslims here want to speak up on gay marriage? Obviously the Christians here--though they may disagree with its practice--don't have much of a problem letting those of this world do whatever they want on their own time.

Obviously the Christians don't represent a big problem. So let's hear the Muslims speak up about their willingness to leave gays be. I'm sure they will join us in our peaceful recognition and acceptance of gays and gay rights as established by our nation's laws.
  4. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 23:54
    Originally posted by Taoman
    The purest of uninformed prejudice. Beautiful sample.

How is it "sick"? Most types of sexual activity is also found in the heterosexual community. Is that also "sick? Does love and caring come into it or is it all just about the "SEX" for you?
    Why is what two people do in private such a big issue for you?

Equivalent to murder !! Talk about holy c-- ...[text shortened]... ut gay - I wonder what would happen to them? What would you do? Let's see your dark heart.
    The same gender "SEX" is the sick part, even the memory of having sex of the same gender must also be categorised in there. I love my father and brother very very much. We in fact kiss one another hello and goodbye. That is love and caring 😉

I pray daily for my family, and the teaching of same gender sex is discussed early in life as wrong. How can anyone agree to it being right having sex with the same gender? Our bodies were made to have sex with the opposite gender - not the same - or else God would have given us sexual parts that fits the act for sleeping with either female, male or both. wouldn't you say?

Same gender sex is immoral and unnatural.
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 00:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 00:09
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Would you murder your child if he was gay? If not, why not?
    No why would I want to do that? Murder is wrong. Being gay is immoral and unnatural - heck, it's wrong.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 00:14
    From my Pastor...
    It was recently suggested to me that as a Christian I should love and accept homosexuals. The Scripture quoted to me was Galatians 5:14: “For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’” It is true that love is the fulfilling of the law. But it is not the whole truth concerning sin of any kind and homosexuality in particular.

To say that we must simply love and accept a sinner and or a homosexual, because love fulfills the law, is like saying a doctor should put a pretty bandage on a wound and allow it to fester underneath. It is morally wrong and an act of malpractice for a doctor to hide the truth about a deadly disease and its remedy from a patient. And it is unloving and morally wrong to hide the truth about sin and its remedy from a sinner. To simply pull a verse out of context, as was done with Galatians 5:14, is a pretext: it disguises the truth and misleads people.

There are people who say, “Well, Jesus never said anything about homosexuality, so it must not be a sin.” This is true. Jesus never said anything about homosexuality, but then he never said anything about rape either, but that doesn’t justify rape and we all know that. Here is what the Bible does say about homosexuality. Romans 1:21-26 lays out the pattern of thinking and living that people make in their abandonment of biblical truth. First, they do not glorify God or thank Him for life. Therefore they become futile in their thinking and their hearts are darkened. They profess to be wise, to know more than others, they believe they are enlightened, but they are fools (v. 21, 22).

They then exchange the worship of the true God for some form of idolatry (v. 23). They are given over to various lusts, not necessarily sexual lusts; we can lust after many things (v.24). They exchange the truth of God for a lie (v. 25). And finally natural sexual relations are abandoned for unnatural ones (vv.26, 27). Homosexuality is an abandonment of God’s moral law and the natural way men and women are to relate sexually. God’s will is for one man and one woman to become one flesh (Genesis 2:24). In this unionsexuality finds its God-appointed meaning and we find our deepest satisfaction.

This is why homosexuality is uniformly condemned in the Bible. It is called wickedness (Genesis 19:7), abomination (Leviticus 18:22), unnatural and shameful (Romans 1:27). To say that homosexuality is an alternative form of sexuality is like saying bulimia is an alternative form of eating. The homosexual lifestyle is not a benign alternative to male/female married sexual relationships; it is a perversion of God’s plan for mankind. It is a perversion just as stealing is to honest work and lying is to telling the truth.

I understand that many people now accept homosexuality. Polls show that more and more Americans believe that gay and lesbian marriages are morally acceptable and should be allowed. This lifestyle is being normalized, institutionalized and even celebrated in our world; I understand this, but this does not make it right. Homosexuality was a way of life in the ancient cities of Sodom and Gomorrah too. But they ultimately faced God’s judgment (Genesis 19). Unrepentant sinners, of all stripes will not inherit everlasting life in the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

Having said all of this, God does offer love to the sinner—any sinner and every sinner. I’m sure that you are familiar with John 3:16 which says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” Sin can be forgiven, all sins and every sin. But the sinner must repent of sinning (Mark 1:15) and then believe the good news about Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (Romans 10:9, 10).

So, yes, we should love homosexuals. We should love them enough to tell them and every sinner the truth about sin and judgment. We should love them enough to offer them the remedy for sin and it consequences, which is forgiveness and salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. To hide the truth from someone is unloving and wrong.
  8. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 00:20
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]I can just as well agree to have my child murder someone, standing aside saying nothing.

How is comparing people having gay sex equivalent to murdering someone? I mean really, have a think Nicksten.[/b]
    Please read my post again. I think it is pretty clear that my intention was that if I allow my child to a gay marriage, it would just be as wrong as to allow my child to commit murder and saying nothing about it. If it wasn't that clear - it should be now.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 00:43
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    No why would I want to do that? Murder is wrong. Being gay is immoral and unnatural - heck, it's wrong.
    Why? To cleanse the earth of perversion, visit the judgment of God on the unrighteous, and remove the shame of having a homosexual as a kid.

How else were you going to stop him from marrying his boyfriend?
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 09:04
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Why? To cleanse the earth of perversion, visit the judgment of God on the unrighteous, and remove the shame of having a homosexual as a kid.

How else were you going to stop him from marrying his boyfriend?
    Let's do it this way, kill your son first for being gay, then tell me if it was worth doing so?
    It is not for us to murder, God will punish us for our sins. We as parents should take the effort
    in educating our kids from an early age that certain things are just damn wrong. If we're not
    told so, we wouldn't know it is wrong now would we?

Have you heard the saying "monkey see monkey do"?
  11. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 09:11
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    From my Pastor...
    It was recently suggested to me that as a Christian I should love and accept homosexuals. The Scripture quoted to me was Galatians 5:14: “For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’” It is true that love is the fulfilling of the law. But it is not the whole truth concerning sin o ...[text shortened]... d salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. To hide the truth from someone is unloving and wrong.
    I agree, there is no reason to hate any person for being gay. It is the "being gay part" that should be hated, in other words, the sin.

As you said, God is very clear that we should love our neighbours as we love ourself.

I like your post very much - if someone still argues, what a fool!
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 09:16
    From my Pastor...
    It was recently suggested to me that as a Christian I should love and accept homosexuals. The Scripture quoted to me was Galatians 5:14: “For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’” It is true that love is the fulfilling of the law. But it is not the whole truth concerning sin o ...[text shortened]... d salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. To hide the truth from someone is unloving and wrong.
    I do not think we can attribute all homosexual feelings and tendencies to sin. I believe that in at least some cases, the biological reproduction process has introduced an error that is the direct cause of these homosexual feelings and tendencies. There are some people that have a mismatch in their emotions and their bodies. In other words, some men should have been born women and vice versa. There seems to me to be varing degrees of these homosexual tendencies among the population. It certainly is not what God intended when He created man and woman. However, there are a lot of things that have went wrong since creation. I believe we Christians should not be so quick to judge another for what we might perceive to be just sinful behavior, like murder and rape. Murder and rape are not something that is done out of love. However, I think homosexuals can really show love to one another and it is not always just lust. We know that hetrosexuals have demonstrated an awful lot of lust instead of love too.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 09:22
    Please read my post again. I think it is pretty clear that my intention was that if I allow my child to a gay marriage, it would just be as wrong as to allow my child to commit murder and saying nothing about it. If it wasn't that clear - it should be now.
    There is no victim in a gay marriage, there is in a murder. Not only that but if someone is murdered then that persons family and friends will spend the rest of their lives bereaving the murdered person, the same cannot be said of a gay marriage. Now i appreciate that you think in the eyes of God they are both sins and can be viewed as the same, but down here in the real world they are quite clearly not.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 10:51
    From my Pastor...
    A truly beautifully crafted post.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 16:07
    Let's do it this way, kill your son first for being gay, then tell me if it was worth doing so?
    It is not for us to murder, God will punish us for our sins. We as parents should take the effort
    in educating our kids from an early age that certain things are just damn wrong. If we're not
    told so, we wouldn't know it is wrong now would we?

Have you heard the saying "monkey see monkey do"?
    Let's say you have failed as a parent and your kid went gay despite your strict teachings against that lifestyle. It happens often.

Why are so many of these kids choosing the gay lifestyle even though they know that they'll be kicked out of their family if the family finds out?

The myth is that you can stop the choice by education. They are educated, yet choose it anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree