1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 09:32
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    OK, let's take this step by step.

Do you think your gay son could never provide a warm and safe environment for a child to grow up in?
    don't even try
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 09:37
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I think gay couples can adopt, they can provide a stable environment, especially 2 lesbians, they should be allowed to. If you had to choose between a straight couple and a gay one, i would pick the straight one yes. but in practicality there are not enough people adopting... Also you get quite a few out gay teenagers who get thrown out of there homes, a gay ...[text shortened]... ces, when i was in my teens i knew 3 boys like that, that is an important role for gay adoption.
    so what you are saying is that you would make a concession and allow gays to adopt out of necessity? only because there are too many kids waiting to be adopted and/or because gay teens need gay mentoring?

do you understand you are not being gracious here but insulting?
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 09:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    And they called to Lot, and said to him, Where are the men which came in to you this night? bring them out to us, that we may know them.
    (Genesis 19:5)

And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
    (1 King 14:24)

[b]They may be pediphiles.
    [/b]
    this is why i asked rank not to try.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 11:323 edits
    And they called to Lot, and said to him, Where are the men which came in to you this night? bring them out to us, that we may know them.
    (Genesis 19:5)

And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
    (1 King 14:24)

[b]They may be pediphiles.
    [/b]
    Indeed they may. As may be heterosexual couples. We have systems in place to try and eliminate this risk and they are pretty effective.

As this is the only reason you have provided as to why gay couples should not be alllowed to adopt, and it applies equally to heterosexual couples, then your answer to my second question is yes, rather than no.

I wonder what your gay son thinks about you considering him to be at serious risk of being a paedophile?

And I wonder what you think about the fact that my 6 year old son has been babysat (is this a word?) by a gay man?
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 11:32
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    don't even try
    Sorry.
  6. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 13:30
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so what you are saying is that you would make a concession and allow gays to adopt out of necessity? only because there are too many kids waiting to be adopted and/or because gay teens need gay mentoring?

do you understand you are not being gracious here but insulting?
    Hmm yes maybe to some. but i would not force a child into gay adoption if a straight couple was available. no matter how pc / liberal you are i think thats still wrong. re the gay teens like i said i knew gay couple who adopt them, if it was your choice where would you put them?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 16:23
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Indeed they may. As may be heterosexual couples. We have systems in place to try and eliminate this risk and they are pretty effective.

As this is the only reason you have provided as to why gay couples should not be alllowed to adopt, and it applies equally to heterosexual couples, then your answer to my second question is yes, rather than no.
    ...[text shortened]... you think about the fact that my 6 year old son has been babysat (is this a word?) by a gay man?
    You seem to be doing a lot of nosey wondering about what one of my sons may be thinking. You would be better off minding your own business.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 16:281 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It would be better to have one of each. But I would let a child be with two mannly gay men then to lesbian women first.
    ... said the man with obvious sexist issues.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 16:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not to mention all the children who grow up with a father who is not exactly a good male role model.
    bingo.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 16:36
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    wait until the j.w. circus comes rolling into town and pitch their big top of 'homophobic' fun, followed by the freak show of rj and maybe dasa if you are lucky.
    lol
  11. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 17:032 edits
    You seem to be doing a lot of nosey wondering about what one of my sons may be thinking. You would be better off minding your own business.
    Sorry, I don't see your problem.

You seem to have suggested that gay people are signicantly more likely to be paedophiles. This is the basis on which you have stated that they should not be allowed to adopt.

It therefore follows by your logic that we should consider your gay son is significantly more likely to be a paedophile and therefore should be prevented from adopting.

If this is what you think, and are prepared to state it in a public forum, under your own name, I can't see why you would object to me wondering what your gay son might think of all this. After all, I only know you have a gay son because you mentioned it in one of these very debates.

If I have misunderstood your logic, by all means put me straight (no pun intended). And if my discussing your son makes you uncomfortable, you only have to ask me to stop and I will.

Providing you ask nicely.

😏
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 20:16
    Originally posted by e4chris
    Hmm yes maybe to some. but i would not force a child into gay adoption if a straight couple was available. no matter how pc / liberal you are i think thats still wrong. re the gay teens like i said i knew gay couple who adopt them, if it was your choice where would you put them?
    all things being equal, first come first served. there is a waiting list for adopting, based on quality of life you can provide for the child, you can go up or down on that list. your sexuality and that of who you chose to share the responsibility of parenthood shouldn't be anyone's business and should not be an issue in determining who is fit to be a parent.

if you cross this line, what will you cross next? will you not "force" a white child to be adopted by a black couple? do you think a child in the system would care much? that he wouldn't rather have a family than be in the system?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree