1. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 20:243 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Let's not get personal.
    Well, I think if you believe something, the ultimate test is by reference to those that you love. It's not really a belief otherwise.

But I am happy to rephrase. Why do you think it is impossible for a gay couple to provide a warm and safe environment to bring up a child in?
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 22:25
    Let's not get personal.
    Why not?

If it makes you uncomfortable to apply your 'morality' to your own son then that might be a hint that there is something wrong with your morality.

It's easy to hate and/or dehumanise people you don't know... and love.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 22:43
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    I think you raise an interesting point.

If a gay couple wanted to adopt, and they lived in a community which was openly and perhaps even violently homophobic, would it be legitimate for the authorities to take this into account?

As my overriding concern would be for the welfare of the child, I don't see how we could discount the possibility that ...[text shortened]... gay, but rather that they would be bringing up a child in a place where they might not be safe.
    There was a lesbian couple here who wanted to have a child and openly have the child call them "mummy and mummy". They broke up but they would've been the first ones on the block/neighbourhood. I think people would've looked closely at other facets of their life more closely ,delving deeper into their stuff than other couples.
    Personally I felt that they should've been been more quiet about it, less they want the mob to hassle them at every turn.
    Also the child would been hassled at school by other students as the info would've filtered down into the schoolyard.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 23:31
    Well, I think if you believe something, the ultimate test is by reference to those that you love. It's not really a belief otherwise.

But I am happy to rephrase. Why do you think it is impossible for a gay couple to provide a warm and safe environment to bring up a child in?
    I did not say it was impossibe. All things are possible with God. 😏
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 23:35
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Why not?

If it makes you uncomfortable to apply your 'morality' to your own son then that might be a hint that there is something wrong with your morality.

It's easy to hate and/or dehumanise people you don't know... and love.
    It is my choice. 😏
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 23:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What about single parents? Should we be allowed to adopt too?
    Single people can. I know a few.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 00:10
    Most problems are because a lack of a father figure.
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 01:55
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Most problems are because a lack of a father figure.
    So obviously you are in favour of gay parents so that children can have TWO father figures...
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 08:291 edit
    I did not say it was impossibe. All things are possible with God. 😏
    Excellent. So your answer to the first question is, in fact, no, rather than yes.

See, we are making progress.

Now, if this is the case, why do you think that gay people should not be allowed to adopt?
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 13:14
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    So obviously you are in favour of gay parents so that children can have TWO father figures...
    It would be better to have one of each. But I would let a child be with two mannly gay men then to lesbian women first.
  11. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 13:54
    I think gay couples can adopt, they can provide a stable environment, especially 2 lesbians, they should be allowed to. If you had to choose between a straight couple and a gay one, i would pick the straight one yes. but in practicality there are not enough people adopting... Also you get quite a few out gay teenagers who get thrown out of there homes, a gay couple is ideal in those circumstances, when i was in my teens i knew 3 boys like that, that is an important role for gay adoption.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 18:46
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It would be better to have one of each. But I would let a child be with two mannly gay men then to lesbian women first.
    You dont think lesbians have male friends? and brothers? and ...

I know a single woman who fosters a young lad - she is aware of the potential
    problem of "no male role model" - she makes full use of her father and
    brothers in his life.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 20:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You dont think lesbians have male friends? and brothers? and ...

I know a single woman who fosters a young lad - she is aware of the potential
    problem of "no male role model" - she makes full use of her father and
    brothers in his life.
    Not to mention all the children who grow up with a father who is not exactly a good male role model.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 20:25
    Originally posted by e4chris
    ...Also you get quite a few out gay teenagers who get thrown out of there homes, a gay couple is ideal in those circumstances, .
    So you are advocating straight carers for straight kids and gay couples to look after gay kids?

What nonsense!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 00:061 edit
    Excellent. So your answer to the first question is, in fact, no, rather than yes.

See, we are making progress.

Now, if this is the case, why do you think that gay people should not be allowed to adopt?
    And they called to Lot, and said to him, Where are the men which came in to you this night? bring them out to us, that we may know them.
    (Genesis 19:5)

And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
    (1 King 14:24)

They may be pediphiles.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree