Faulty assumption.
    What is?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 17:30
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What is?
    That God did not fill the universe with light rays at the moment the stars were created.

Each star was created with age and the light rays extending from that sun based on its age. That light was created with all the effects that would have resulted from the physical universe if the universe existed before creation.

The all knowing God is also all knowing about nature and naturally perfectly knows what we need computer models to glimpse.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 17:54
    Originally posted by @eladar
    That God did not fill the universe with light rays at the moment the stars were created.

Each star was created with age and the light rays extending from that sun based on its age. That light was created with all the effects that would have resulted from the physical universe if the universe existed before creation.

The all knowing God is also all knowing about nature and naturally perfectly knows what we need computer models to glimpse.
    You have some scriptural evidence that your "assumption" is correct or are you just smelling your own farts again?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 17:58
    You have some scriptural evidence that your "assumption" is correct or are you just smelling your own farts again?
    You mean that God did literally create the stars and those stars could be seen?

Seems rather self evident from Genesis 1.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 18:261 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    No, I didn't say "could not". I said your God, with supposed infinite power and knowledge, DID NOT create light consistent with a newly created universe. Instead, your God, did the exact opposite, and created light with info that contradicts him.
    After deliberately misquoting me, Eladar is now ducking posts that he can't argue with.

Not surprising.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 18:31
    After deliberately misquoting me, Eladar is now ducking posts that he can't argue with.

Not surprising.
    Dodging a faulty assumption?

Say it isn't so.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 18:401 edit
    Dodging a faulty assumption?

Say it isn't so.
    The universe seeming billions of years old, contradicting the age given in the Bible is not an "assumption". That scientific fact.

This means that if your God was real, then your God created our universe that contradicts the biblical age. There's no "assumption" here.

However, there is your faulty argument.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 18:451 edit
    The universe seeming billions of years old, contradicting the age given in the Bible is not an "assumption". That scientific fact.

This means that if your God was real, then your God created our universe that contradicts the biblical age. There's no "assumption" here.

However, there is your faulty argument.
    Perhaps this will help you understand.

If we create an equation for the height of a high diver over time at time zero would be the height of the platform.

If you use that equation you can use negative time to see when the high diver jumped from the ground.

If all you had was the equation, how were you to know the high diver didn't start at ground level?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 18:52
    You mean that God did literally create the stars and those stars could be seen?
    No I'm referring to the assumptions you made in the post I was replying to, above.

Care to respond without evasion?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 18:53
    This post, Eledar.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 19:00
    No I'm referring to the assumptions you made in the post I was replying to, above.

Care to respond without evasion?
    Nothing I have written is inconsistent with Genesis 1.

As a matter of fact it is consistent with how an all knowing God would create a universe created and given natural laws. Why would he create a universe which was not consistent with the laws by which it functions.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 19:02
    Nothing I have written is inconsistent with Genesis 1.

As a matter of fact it is consistent with how an all knowing God would create a universe created and given natural laws. Why would he create a universe which was not consistent with the laws by which it functions.
    So you don't have any scriptures to confirm your assumptions?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 19:05
    So you don't have any scriptures to confirm your assumptions?
    Not from your point of view, which is why I originally stated this thread would assume my point of view.

You can try to destroy it if you wish, it was predicted this would probably happen.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 19:12
    Originally posted by @js357
    This could be an interesting "thought experiment" thread or it could come off the rails like so many do?
    Funny how so quickly it happens, by the usual people.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '17 19:21
    Not from your point of view, which is why I originally stated this thread would assume my point of view.

You can try to destroy it if you wish, it was predicted this would probably happen.
    I'm not trying to destroy anything, I'm just getting you to confirm that you have no scriptural basis for your stated assumptions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree