1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 12:16
    Originally posted by @eladar
    It is amazing. But then I did not say that it did, just that it is possible and that science and the Bible need not be in conflict. Even atheist science does not disprove the literal account.
    I wasn't accusing you, or anyone else in particular. I was just making a point.

God and science are not in conflict. People are in conflict with God.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 13:34
    Originally posted by @josephw
    It's amazing how much people presume to know about an event they weren't there to witness.
    The same goes for Christians and the bible.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 14:424 edits
    [b]Then God said, “Let there be [s]lights in the [t]expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; 15 and let them be for [u]lights in the [v]expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 God made the two [w]great lights, the greater [x]light [y]to govern th ...[text shortened]... place and the universe created would simply begin from there, would it negate what we see today?
    YouTube : genesisandbigbang

4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 17:20
    So according to the videos I provided, the issue is not taking the text in Genesis literally enough.

Somewhat of a different position that what you usually see.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 18:58
    I wasn't accusing you, or anyone else in particular. I was just making a point.

God and science are not in conflict. People are in conflict with God.
    Of course they are. Nobody knows what actually happened, but to say that an all knowing God would not know how an expanding universe would look like upon creation is ludicrous.

God knew about how everything would exactly be and created a perfect universe based on the natural laws he put in place. It is entirely possible, given an all knowing and all powerful God exists.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 20:15
    Originally posted by @vivify
    The same goes for Christians and the bible.
    Christians have God's Word as their final authority.

Atheists have only each other to believe, and their lying science.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 21:10
    Originally posted by @whodey
    So according to the videos I provided, the issue is not taking the text in Genesis literally enough.

Somewhat of a different position that what you usually see.
    Can you imagine how many millions of people around the world in the last one hundred and fifty years have turned away from the Bible and faith in God because of the promotion of the science of evolution?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 21:13
    Originally posted by @whodey
    [youtubegenesisandbigbang]QZfgIFuoIBs[/youtube]

[youtubegenesisandbigbang]z7Zds9YLJ3k[/youtube]

[youtubegenesisandbigbang]KcHCG-4TGWk[/youtube]

[youtubegenesisandbigbang]9PZtsfxyo9g[/youtube]

[youtubegenesisandbigbang]Mn6KX1O-EHI[/youtube]
    What big bang? 😕
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 22:131 edit
    Can you imagine how many millions of people around the world in the last one hundred and fifty years have turned away from the Bible and faith in God because of the promotion of the science of evolution?
    If Christians would have stood up and taught their children, instead of having society teach their children, it would not have happened.

Faulty assumptions go unchecked. Unobserved theories were allowed to be considered truth.

It came through the courts. Politically appointed jusges put in place to undermine Christianity.

Once you convince people nothing is absolute true, you can get them to believe anything.

The ruling class does not want a strong self reliant class to dominate the masses becauae they can't contol such people.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 23:57
    If Christians would have stood up and taught their children, instead of having society teach their children, it would not have happened.

Faulty assumptions go unchecked. Unobserved theories were allowed to be considered truth.

It came through the courts. Politically appointed jusges put in place to undermine Christianity.

Once you convince people no ...[text shortened]... t want a strong self reliant class to dominate the masses becauae they can't contol such people.
    Just wait and see what happens when they take over the food supply.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '17 01:09
    Just wait and see what happens when they take over the food supply.
    When?
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Oct '17 01:26
    Christians have God's Word as their final authority.
    Or the opinions of devoted followers who presume to speak for an omnipotent Creator.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '17 01:28
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Or the opinions of devoted followers who presume to speak for an omnipotent Creator.
    I'd say this is true for many who are classified Christians in this world.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Oct '17 01:39
    I'd say this is true for many who are classified Christians in this world.
    As well as the writers and editors of the Bible.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '17 01:50
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    As well as the writers and editors of the Bible.
    I disagree with you there, but I am sure you will find out if you are right before I find out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree