1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Both god and Trump are clearly narcissists, will never apologize, and must constantly be praised! Neither will ever admit a mistake.
    The true God, Jehovah, has no need to apologize as He has never made a mistake.
    Out of love He is still trying to correct Adam's mistake.
    (Deuteronomy 32:4) The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; Righteous and upright is he.
    (Romans 2:4) Or do you despise the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, because you do not know that God in his kindness is trying to lead you to repentance?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 20:48
    Originally posted by roigam
    God did that on the cross. It's a done deal. Now it's up to you to figure out who "the true God" is and believe in Him. Hint: His name is Jesus.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 21:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    God did that on the cross. It's a done deal. Now it's up to you to figure out who "the true God" is and believe in Him. Hint: His name is Jesus.
    If you believe in Jesus, you should listen to him:
    (John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    (1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,
    (an aside for JosephW)
    btw the cross is a symbol of the ancient pagan god Tammuz.
    It was never an instrument of torture or death for the Romans.
    That is a mistranslation of "staurous" or " xylon", neither of which is two pieces of wood crossed.
    Ancient Persians did use such an arrangement for torture and probably death.
    You are still not ready.
    You were closer before
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 21:39
    If you believe in Jesus, you should listen to him:
    (John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    (1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,
    (an aside for JosephW)
    btw the cross is a symbol of the ancient pagan god Tammuz.
    It was ...[text shortened]... n arrangement for torture and probably death.
    You are still not ready.
    You were closer before
    You can spend all day quoting from that corrupt Watchtower produced NWT and it'd still be all lies.

But you opened your mind to their propaganda, and like a child you believed what they told you. Now you're brainwashed. Probably beyond repair.

Their cleverest trick was to rewrite the scriptures according to their own preconceived ideas about what they wanted it to mean. It's all based on an old lie dating back to the first century.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 21:50
    You can spend all day quoting from that corrupt Watchtower produced NWT and it'd still be all lies.

But you opened your mind to their propaganda, and like a child you believed what they told you. Now you're brainwashed. Probably beyond repair.

Their cleverest trick was to rewrite the scriptures according to their own preconceived ideas about what they wanted it to mean. It's all based on an old lie dating back to the first century.
    No one is beyond repair.
    You should know this as a Christian
  6. Maryland
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 00:46
    (Deuteronomy 32:4) The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; Righteous and upright is he.
    (Romans 2:4) Or do you despise the riches of his kindness and fo ...[text shortened]... patience, because you do not know that God in his kindness is trying to lead you to repentance?
    Have you read the book of Job?
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 01:25
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Have you read the book of Job?
    I'm sorry. I don't get your point. Could you please explain further what you mean?
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 01:34

You are describing your own sitution perfectly.
    Many people transfer their own traits, qualities, and mistakes onto others.
    I believe it started with Adam.
    There's a term in psychology that describes the process.
    It's been a while but, It may be "transference".
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 01:46
    Originally posted by josephw to roigam
    roigam quoted 1 Timothy 2:5 thus "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus".

Here is 1 Timothy 2:5 from the King James Version (your favourite translation):

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

And roigam quoted John 14:6 thus: "Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Here is John 14:6 from the King James Version:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

In what way are you claiming roigam was "quoting from that corrupt Watchtower produced NWT"?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 01:50
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    No one is beyond repair.
    You should know this as a Christian
    I'm not so sure that's true. For God nothing is impossible, but it may just be that for man there's a point of no return.

And while it may be true that no one is beyond the reach of God's grace, from the perspective of God's point of view, there may be a point at which one's mind can become so corrupt that they just won't ever repent.

One at least has to have the ability to change their mind(repent) if there's to be any hope of salvation. God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 02:01
    Originally posted by josephw to roigam
    In the post you were responding to, roigam quoted John 14:6 and 1 Timothy 2:5. Are you claiming that the scriptures he quoted have been rewritten according to some preconceived ideas about what someone wanted them to mean?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 02:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    In what way are you claiming roigam was "quoting from that corrupt Watchtower produced NWT"?
    Because the NWT is the translation riogam uses, and because his theology, which is defunct, is predicated on the whole context of a corrupt translation. Whether you believe it or not.

Are you going to pretend not to be aware of the whole context of this thread as well as the other riogam started where he makes claims about the doctrine of salvation which are unsupportable by scripture?

Or are you going to employ your regular technique of hair splitting, obfuscating, and narrowly focused questions about anything as long as it has nothing to do with the overall topic?

Or both?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 02:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    In the post you were responding to, roigam quoted John 14:6 and 1 Timothy 2:5. Are you claiming that the scriptures he quoted have been rewritten according to some preconceived ideas about what someone wanted them to mean?
    Are you going to keep firing off those same two neurons all night? 😵
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 02:13
    Are you going to pretend not to be aware of the whole context of this thread as well as the other riogam started where he makes claims about the doctrine of salvation which are unsupportable by scripture?
    No. I am not. So although you used your reply - to his quoting John 14:6 and 1 Timothy 2:5 - to say "You can spend all day quoting from that corrupt Watchtower produced NWT", in fact, you do not have any objection to how he has quoted John 14:6 and 1 Timothy 2:5, and how they support his view, is that right?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 03:37
    ...are you going to employ your regular technique of hair splitting, obfuscating, and narrowly focused questions about anything as long as it has nothing to do with the overall topic?
    Here is what you said to roigam:

josephw: You can spend all day quoting from that corrupt Watchtower produced NWT and it'd still be all lies.

This is a point blank, not-narrowly-focussed, to-do-explicitly-with-what-you-said question, that is anything BUT "splitting hairs":

Specifically, which verses from the NWT version has roigam quoted that you claim are "corrupt" and "rewritten" and "lies"? I'd like to look at the verses from the NWT that he posted and that you are referring to (above), and compare them to the KJV version.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree