God botherers - are you insane?

God botherers - are you insane?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Cosmos

Moves
21 Nov 05

What codswallop. Loser.

Please stop posting; you are wearing out my scroll down finger.

J

Adamstown

Moves
21 Nov 05

Originally posted by howardgee
What codswallop. Loser.

Please stop posting; you are wearing out my scroll down finger.
Great comeback. You start a thread asking others to prove their lack of insanity, utilizing logic and sequential thinking, and vis-a-vis, no matter how you are answered, everyone but you is an idiot.
I'm sure there is a full bottle of Jergens somewhere whispering your name.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
21 Nov 05

Originally posted by JVG7
You are mixing your metaphors. Is faith greater than empricism, or is that which faith is based upon greater? Obviously, that which faith is based upon is greater. Put another way, which is greater: knowledge of gravity being 32 feet per second, or the fact itself?
Empiricism is arrogance at it's most juvenille. Only what one knows is important. Therefor ...[text shortened]... r second, or are you taking it in faith? Pi? George Washington?
George Bush, for that matter?
100+ words, and you said absolutely nothing. That's outstanding. All you need are a few CAPITALIZED WORDS and a scripture quote or two, and you'd be blindfaith102.

h

Cosmos

Moves
21 Nov 05

Originally posted by David C
100+ words, and you said absolutely nothing. That's outstanding. All you need are a few CAPITALIZED WORDS and a scripture quote or two, and you'd be blindfaith102.
'nuff said.

It is not even worth bothering to respond to such utter nonsense.

You are so far outside the paradigm of understanding anything, that it is impossible to know where to start.

Even then, you would fail to grasp anything. How old are you? 10?

J

Adamstown

Moves
21 Nov 05

What part are you not understanding?
BTW, I've never had anyone care so much as to count my words. I trust you have more going on than that, but, just in case, would you mind letting me know how many consonants, and how many vowels next time, too?

J

Adamstown

Moves
21 Nov 05

'nuff said.

You are so far outside the paradigm of understanding anything, that it is impossible to know where to start.

Even then, you would fail to grasp anything. How old are you? 10?
The grasp that is failing is yours, my young friend. You claimed that a person of the Christian faith is lacking in logic and sequential thinking. You were receiving the beginnings of a refute. You lashed out, ad hominem, without addressing the core of the issue. You know nothing of my ability (or lack thereof) to grasp conceptual thinking, and are ill-prepared to prove otherwise.
My age is inconsequential, as either of my two older sub-teen children could match wits with you any given day, and be none the worse for it, save the waste of time.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
21 Nov 05

Sucking up to HG for some recs again, DC?

h

Cosmos

Moves
21 Nov 05

The grasp that is failing is yours, my young friend. You claimed that a person of the Christian faith is lacking in logic and sequential thinking. You were receiving the beginnings of a refute. You lashed out, ad hominem, without addressing the core of the issue. You know nothing of my ability (or lack thereof) to grasp conceptual thinking, and are ill-prep ...[text shortened]... n could match wits with you any given day, and be none the worse for it, save the waste of time.
You have children!? Now that really is frightening.

Have you brainwashed them with your ignorance, or have they learned to just ignore your rubbish yet?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
21 Nov 05

You just don't get it do you?

YOU are the one going around believing God exists and spending time talking to him, worshipping him, etc.

Thus the onus is completely upon you to prove God exists.

Again, an analogy may help you to overcome your brain-washed, spoon fed religious prejudices:

If a person went around worshipping an omnipotent, omnisc ...[text shortened]... on-existence, or would we put him in a nut-house until he proved the existence of the cockroach?
YOU are the one going around believing God exists and spending time talking to him, worshipping him, etc.

I'm sorry, please prove that - some more of your unsubstantiated drivel - anyway, in this thread you made the positive statement that God doesn't exist, so the burden of proof is entirely yours. Your whole diatribe of arrogant ignorance is once again superficial, unsubstantiated and odious.

Thus the onus is completely upon you to prove God exists.

Not in this thread. Wait for one of your so-called "God-botherers" to state the positive about God's existence and then you can call for your proof.

Again, an analogy may help you to overcome your brain-washed, spoon fed religious prejudices:

If a person went around worshipping an omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent cockroach who kept himself hidden to us; would the onus be on us to prove said cockroach's non-existence, or would we put him in a nut-house until he proved the existence of the cockroach?

ROTFLMAO! Surely such a grandmaster of logic and ad hominem humour as yourself is capable of something more original than this.

J

Adamstown

Moves
21 Nov 05

You have children!? Now that really is frightening.

Have you brainwashed them with your ignorance, or have they learned to just ignore your rubbish yet?
The issue, man, the issue. I realize I am an easy target for your erudite sarcasm, but what of the issue raised in your posting of this thread?
Was it just graffiti?

h

Cosmos

Moves
21 Nov 05

The issue, man, the issue. I realize I am an easy target for your erudite sarcasm, but what of the issue raised in your posting of this thread?
Was it just graffiti?
You have proved beyond any reasonable doubt that my assertion is correct. (in your case, at least)

J

Adamstown

Moves
21 Nov 05

You have proved beyond any reasonable doubt that my assertion is correct. (in your case, at least)
Dude, you're nothing more than smoke and mirrors. Your posts are like whiffs of, well, let's leave well enough alone.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
21 Nov 05

You have proven once again that there is nothing like unutterable nonsense.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
21 Nov 05

Dude, you're nothing more than smoke and mirrors. Your posts are like whiffs of, well, let's leave well enough alone.
Your posts are like whiffs of...

Louisiana swamp gas?

J

Adamstown

Moves
21 Nov 05

Originally posted by Halitose
[b]Your posts are like whiffs of...

Louisiana swamp gas?[/b]
I'd like to say that modesty prohibited me from going farther, but that just ain't the case. More like, I was afraid I might offend the delicate sensibilities of some by uttering the word 'fart.'
However, you were able to convey the same sentiment without darkening this fine web site with such crassness. A tip of the hat.😉