1. Cosmos
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 00:27
    So the only defence to the accusations is to bury your xstian heads in the sand.

Guess that proves me completely correct.

Small wonder your distraction was "Narnia" books.
    You lot love spending your lives reading fairy tales written by believers in God.
  2. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 12:501 edit
    Originally posted by howardgee

YOU are the one who believes in Jesus, not me. Remember? Therefore I cannot possibly ask him as I do not believe he exists. This is called logic.
    It is another worthy ability which you clearly lack.

You are utterly cool, Windmill.[/b]
    Well YOU asked me for evidence that he exist.Why is it ilogical for me to tell you to ask him when you were the one who asked me the question.And then YOU call me illogical?Do you work in the circus or something cause I'm pretty sure you would lots and lots of money as a clown.Would you like me to ring Bobo up for you?
  3. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 23:09
    Originally posted by windmill
    Well YOU asked me for evidence that he exist.Why is it ilogical for me to tell you to ask him when you were the one who asked me the question.And then YOU call me illogical?Do you work in the circus or something cause I'm pretty sure you would lots and lots of money as a clown.Would you like me to ring Bobo up for you?
    Do you ever stop to consider that people like youself are the one's who can cause what you describe through your unwanted abuse and then you have the nerve to point your dirty finger at someones faith in Jesus!I don't see why you think it is alright to treat people like that just because you don't believe.
  4. Cosmos
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 18:311 edit
    Do you ever stop to consider that people like youself are the one's who can cause what you describe through your unwanted abuse and then you have the nerve to point your dirty finger at someones faith in Jesus!I don't see why you think it is alright to treat people like that just because you don't believe.
    Replying and quotng your own posts now eh?

Guess it must be you who is recommending your own posts too, as surely no-one in their right minds would recommend your drivel.

(oh, I am forgetting the pillocks who think a big man with a white beard created everything!)
  5. Cosmos
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 18:38
    Compare and contrast (If your brain can cope):

I met a man the other day who said that a little green dwarf had saved humanity. When I asked for proof about this little green dwarf, the man simply told me to ask the little green dwarf myself.
    However there was no little green dwarf to be seen.

This is of course an analogy to your 'reasoning' and proof of Jesus to me.
    Telling me to ask Jesus to prove himself to me is "Question Begging".

Please google the concept and try to comprehend it before you accuse me of being a clown. (Which is totally ironic - look this up too if you are a Yank)
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 20:10
    So the only defence to the accusations is to bury your xstian heads in the sand.

Guess that proves me completely correct.

Small wonder your distraction was "Narnia" books.
    You lot love spending your lives reading fairy tales written by believers in God.

Calling yourself the winner of an uncontested argument? Hilarious. Its like me making gross, unsubstantiated claims regarding your close-minded ilk and then calling myself the winner when no one bothers to rebut my drivel.

If you think God exists, or have seen or heard him or worry about an omnipotent being who watches your every move, waiting to send you to burn for all eternity if you stray from his rules,
    then please go to your nearest asylum and ask to be treated as insane.

Erm, please prove that God doesn't exist. As your entire argument rests on that premise, it would be great to start there; then we can move on to address the symptoms of schizophrenia.
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 20:26
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    tel: Like William Lane Craig, xians have elevated C.S. Lewis to a philosophic level far beyond his merit.

At least until Anscombe gave him a public dressing down.

As for fantasy, I think I'm still at the age where one can enjoy Jordan and Martin - so I'll give it more time.

EDIT: Don't underestimate the emotional resilience of five-year olds!
    I started The Wheel of Time books back in high school (only four books then I think). I gave up at book eight, six years later. I have had Winter's Heart for about 3 years now. Never cracked it open.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 20:28
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Do you read any sort of fiction?
    After I lost the taste for fantasy, I began reading short fiction for a while. Now the only short fiction works that I read are 30-page economics articles.
  9. London
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 00:25
    Originally posted by telerion
    I started The Wheel of Time books back in high school (only four books then I think). I gave up at book eight, six years later. I have had Winter's Heart for about 3 years now. Never cracked it open.
    Yeah, Jordan lost his way a bit in books 5-7. The pace picks up again in WH and Knife of Dreams (#11).
  10. Cosmos
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 01:24
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]So the only defence to the accusations is to bury your xstian heads in the sand.

Calling yourself the winner of an uncontested argument? Hilarious. Its like me making gross, unsubstantiated claims regarding your close-minded ilk and then calling myself the winner when no one bothers to rebut my drivel.

[i]If you think God exists, or have ...[text shortened]... it would be great to start there; then we can move on to address the symptoms of schizophrenia.
    You just don't get it do you?

YOU are the one going around believing God exists and spending time talking to him, worshipping him, etc.

Thus the onus is completely upon you to prove God exists.

Again, an analogy may help you to overcome your brain-washed, spoon fed religious prejudices:

If a person went around worshipping an omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent cockroach who kept himself hidden to us; would the onus be on us to prove said cockroach's non-existence, or would we put him in a nut-house until he proved the existence of the cockroach?
  11. Cosmos
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 01:26
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Yeah, Jordan lost his way a bit in books 5-7. The pace picks up again in WH and Knife of Dreams (#11).
    This is classic; in the middle of a serious discussion, some God botherers have a little discussion about a completely un-related topic.

Thanks a bundle for proving my point about your lack of sanity.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 05:10

"such an illness, with a diminished ability to think logically and sequentially, directly affects one's ability to make rational, appropriate judgements".
    Let's break it down. Using only the elements of your arumentative sentence, you claim Christianity to be lacking in logic and sequential thinking.

And your system of belief is based on what? Using my very limited perspective, appropriate rational judgements must be based upon something which came before, some IF. If, necessarily, equals faith. Of course, there are different conditional clauses, but all four of them require faith of some kind or another.

All told, those who place their faith in the teaching and person of Jesus have far more substantive reasons for confidence than the ones who merely speak of the things immediately before them. To this, I will offer as many forms of proof as deemed necessary. However, it has been my experience that, once set, most people refuse to open their minds.
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 05:30
    Originally posted by JVG7
    Let's break it down
    All told, those who place their faith in the teaching and person of Jesus have far more substantive reasons for confidence than the ones who merely speak of the things immediately before them.

So, in your estimation Faith > Empirical Evidence? Please, do go on.

To this, I will offer as many forms of proof as deemed necessary.

Proofs of...what? God's existence? Jesus' divinty? This should be good.
  14. Cosmos
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 05:40
    Originally posted by JVG7
    Let's break it down. Using only the elements of your arumentative sentence, you claim Christianity to be lacking in logic and sequential thinking.

And your system of belief is based on what? Using my very limited perspective, appropriate rational judgements must be based upon something which came before, some IF. If, necessarily, equals faith. Of cours ...[text shortened]... ary. However, it has been my experience that, once set, most people refuse to open their minds.
    What codswallop. Loser.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 05:49
    Originally posted by David C
    [b]All told, those who place their faith in the teaching and person of Jesus have far more substantive reasons for confidence than the ones who merely speak of the things immediately before them.

So, in your estimation Faith > Empirical Evidence? Please, do go on.

To this, I will offer as many forms of proof as deemed necessary.

Proofs of...what? God's existence? Jesus' divinty? This should be good.[/b]
    You are mixing your metaphors. Is faith greater than empricism, or is that which faith is based upon greater? Obviously, that which faith is based upon is greater. Put another way, which is greater: knowledge of gravity being 32 feet per second, or the fact itself?
    Empiricism is arrogance at it's most juvenille. Only what one knows is important. Therefore, a dog could be God, for all he knows. He alone can decree what he can and will act upon. And if he decides to drink anti-freeze off the driveway, because (empirically) it smells sweet, tastes sweet, he will empirically die.
    Faith considers the information from others as being worthy of condsideration, to the point of belief, or acceptance. You did not conclude even half of the things you hold as true, but rather, have taken them in faith. Have you proven for yourself that gravity pulls items back to earth at 32 feet per second, or are you taking it in faith? Pi? George Washington?
    George Bush, for that matter?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree