1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 01:283 edits
    He is a part of you that everyone has the need to fill. However, this need was interpreted wrongly by primitive people many thousands of years ago.

An eclipse happens and the crops wither... it must be a god.
    The river floods and wipes out whole cities... it must be a god.
    The locust come and eat all of the vegetation... it must be a god.

The need is to feel safe from death but once you come to terms that your physical and mental self will end then you can come to terms with the fact that there is not one single god in existence.

Knowledge breeds destruction; you know you will die.
    Some sacrifice themselves for money then sacrifice money for medicine while some sacrifice themselves for a god; you are anxious about what lies in the unseen so that you cannot enjoy what is right in front of you.
    You live like you will not end and then die having never lived.

There is not one god in existence anywhere but God is in all of us; God is a hole.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 01:43
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    He is a part of you that everyone has the need to fill. However, this need was interpreted wrongly by primitive people many thousands of years ago.

The nee ...[text shortened]... ver lived.

There is not one god in existence anywhere but God is in all of us; God is a hole.
    A black or white hole?

It is postulated by Osho that science wil soon discover a "white hole". I am not sure, but am intrigued, but this is a bit off track.

The logical implications of infinity/eternity suggest that whatever may be in a potential "afterlife", that christians like to allude to, is here right now.
    We can realize the "eternal now" while alive if we subdue the ego and transcend it.
    The departing 'soul' from a dying person will try to get back to Godhead, as this is it's final destination.
    I mean while wait til you die to "find God"? If "He" wanted to be found at all then would this life in this body/brain not be sufficient evidence for a christian theist that this life is FOR THE REALIZATION OF THAT WHICH THEY CALL "GOD" , and not to sit in death's waiting room.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 01:46

God is in those who believe(in)God.

There are those who still believe a god is responsible for things they can't explain. That idea isn't as old as you think, and yet it's been around since the beginning.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 01:481 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    A black or white hole?

It is postulated by Osho that science wil soon discover a "white hole". I am not sure, but am intrigued, but this is a bit off track.

The logical implications of infinity/eternity suggest that whatever may be in a potential "afterlife", that christians like to allude to, is here right now.
    We can realize the "eternal now" LIZATION OF THAT WHICH THEY CALL "GOD" , and not to sit in death's waiting room.
    This my point. Some people use god as an excuse to sacrifice themselves for others. I find that when you do what is best for yourself you are doing what is best for everybody around you.

If we could all strive to better ourselves instead of worrying about others then the world would be a better place.

Edit: The color of the hole is whatever color you visualize "the need to feel safe from death" to be.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 01:58
    This my point. Some people use god as an excuse to sacrifice themselves for others. I find that when you do what is best for yourself you are doing what is best for everybody around you.

If we could all strive to better ourselves instead of worrying about others then the world would be a better place.

Edit: The color of the hole is whatever color you visualize "the need to feel safe from death" to be.
    "I find that when you do what is best for yourself you are doing what is best for everybody around you."

Is that what you found? Sounds like an excuse for selfishness, and a cover for ignoring others needs.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 01:58

This is all a stereotype, and yet as far from the truth of it as you can imagine.

But we cannot expect anything near a true understanding of God from those who turn their face from God.

God IS in all of us, this is the tiny iota of truth in what you say.

But we are NOT all God, as some would have us believe.

"You live like you will not end and then die having never lived."

Funny, this is my main complaint about atheists.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 02:121 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"I find that when you do what is best for yourself you are doing what is best for everybody around you."

Is that what you found? Sounds like an excuse for selfishness, and a cover for ignoring others needs.[/b]
    No he's right. The best thing you can do for society is to be"selfish" and become enlightened (like the buddha). Failing this you could aim for "liberation" which entails freedom for the fear of death.

This constant affirmation of 'Jesus' has gotten as far as it's going to get us. Time for some real spiritual work.
    There is no "ignoring others needs" when one unsderstands what the "self" is 😉

Q. what does an enlightened person do?
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 02:56
    [b]"I find that when you do what is best for yourself you are doing what is best for everybody around you."

Is that what you found? Sounds like an excuse for selfishness, and a cover for ignoring others needs.[/b]
    A car(society) is made up of many working parts(individuals like you and I). If you gave a conscience to these working parts what good would it do for the car if the muffler to tries to directly help the engine?

The answer is it would do no good. The only good the muffler can do for the car is to be the best muffler it can be.

I don't mean that you can't have a service occupation but cutting out the occupation and trying to help each person directly never works for the whole.
    You might help that starving person by sacrificing the things that are good for you but you are contributing to the fall of society.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 03:52

Maybe that is because what you quoted is not stated as a symmetrical statement, equivalent to:

"I find that when you do what is best for everybody around you, you are doing what is best for yourself."
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 08:551 edit
    No he's right. The best thing you can do for society is to be"selfish" and become enlightened (like the buddha). Failing this you could aim for "liberation" which entails freedom for the fear of death.

This constant affirmation of 'Jesus' has gotten as far as it's going to get us. Time for some real spiritual work.
    There is no "ignoring others needs hen one unsderstands what the "self" is 😉

"Q. what does an enlightened person do?"

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself."

Stake your life on it.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 13:17
    I would say that God is not the hole in your life.

God is what you fill the hole with, to finally be complete.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 19:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I would say that God is not the hole in your life.

God is what you fill the hole with, to finally be complete.
    I have felt that feeling before and I know it isn't some all powerful being(I didn't always know this, mind you).

It is just an opening/strengthening of your crown chakra.

I feel that feeling every day without Jesus.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 19:431 edit
    I have felt that feeling before and I know it isn't some all powerful being(I didn't always know this, mind you).

It is just an opening/strengthening of your crown chakra.

I feel that feeling every day without Jesus.
    I have felt that feeling before and I know it isn't some all powerful being(I didn't always know this, mind you.

I think it is the thirst of the innermost kernel of your spiritual being. Jesus spoke about the Holy Spirit as a thirst quenching drink:

"Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes into Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water."

But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed into Him were about to receive; for the Spirit was not yet, because Jesus was not yet glorified." (John 7:37-39)

Everyone was in the feast having a great time in the soul. But deeper within, deeper than the soul there was still a thirst for something real. It was the thirst for God Himself.

Many, when exultant in the enjoyment of the soul, at a concert, party, in romantic love will notice that deeper within there is still a cry for something. So in the great day of the feast Jesus cried out that the thirsty ones still needed to come to Him. And the Holy Spirit would be as rivers of living water flowing out of their innermost being.

Jesus spoke similar words to the woman at the well in John chapter 4.

"Jesus answered and said to her, Everyone who drinks of this water shall thirst again. But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall by no means thirst forever; but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water gushing up into eternal life." (John 4:13,14)

The impartation of the Holy Spirit is the real inner thirst quencher.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 18:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is all a stereotype, and yet as far from the truth of it as you can imagine.

But we cannot expect anything near a true understanding of God from those who turn their face from God.

God IS in all of us, this is the tiny iota of truth in what you say.

But we are NOT all God, as some would have us believe.

"You live like you will not end and then die having never lived."

How does one who does not believe in eternal life(not every atheist believes this) live like they will not end?

That just doesn't make any darned sense.
  15. St. Peter's
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 18:15

There is no "ignoring others needs ...[text shortened]... hen one unsderstands what the "self" is 😉

A: nothing

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree