1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '15 13:25
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "Yeah, yeah, I know, the OT God and the NT God are "not the same guy". Sorry, that doesn't cut it, either."
    why? because you would rather have a murdering god than a god who couldn't be bothered to smite all the men who wrote lies about him? lies that other men decided to include in the bible later?

or maybe the eternal supreme being was going through a rough patch during the OT? there were attenuating circumstances for being a murdering maniac?
    No, it was not 'murder' and the only 'mania' exhibited here is yours, in trying to have everything "your way". This isn't Burger King.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '15 13:281 edit
    you can't blaspheme something that doesn't exist.

this thread is not blasphemy, it is literary commentary. we are discussing the fictitious character God in opposition with another fictitious character, satan.
    It is pure blasphemy. Too bad you won't find out that's true (because your vanity keeps getting in your way) until you meet Him face-to-face. But that is just a little too late.

Have a little faith, man. Just a little is all you need.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '15 13:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He does. He is still able to roam the earth and seek out who he can accuse before God. And He has not been kicked out of Heaven either, as far as I can tell. 😏
    Ummm, what?

Last I heard Michael gave him and his minions the boot long ago.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 May '15 14:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ummm, what?

Was that before or after he released the Thriller Album?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 May '15 15:36
    Ummm, what?

Revelation 12:7-9
    And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
    And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

That event occurs just prior to, or at the beginning of the seven year tribulation period. Check out a few commentators to see if that's true.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 May '15 15:38
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    No. It was during production. 😉
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 May '15 15:41
    Originally posted by josephw
    No. It was during production. 😉
    So that would be before release...
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '15 16:251 edit
    Ummm, what?

When do you say that was? And what is your reference? My reference is Revelation 12.

The war in Heaven seems to me to still be going on. However, I would not be suprised, if it is very close to the end, when Satan and his angels will all be thrown out of Heaven and down to Earth where he will realize he has little time.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '15 01:52
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    LoL!

Okay, that was funny!
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 May '15 09:161 edit
    It is pure blasphemy. Too bad you won't find out that's true (because your vanity keeps getting in your way) until you meet Him face-to-face. But that is just a little too late.

Have a little faith, man. Just a little is all you need.
    "kill everyone, including the children. "

how is this not evil? how is this something two adults can even discuss? why does it matter who said it?

picture for a second the above sentence was said by anyone other than god. wouldn't you dismiss that person immediately as evil?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 May '15 11:58
    Then at the very least you're being extremely insulting to those who love and worship God.

Calling your OP a literary commentary is just an excuse to belittle not only God, but those who believe in God. It is hatred you have expressed. You should be embarrassed and ashamed if you have any humanity in you at all.

Perhaps, if you are able to think it t ...[text shortened]... in a vacuum. All will come to light one day and will be revealed. All accounts will be settled.
    "Then at the very least you're being extremely insulting to those who love and worship God. "
    only those that worship the god depicted in the OT. those deserve to be insulted.

"Calling your OP a literary commentary is just an excuse to belittle not only God, but those who believe in God."
    if you believe in that god, you deserve to be belittled.

"You should be embarrassed and ashamed if you have any humanity in you at all. "
    funny, it describes your kind perfectly.
    here is how it sounds: if i have any humanity at all i should be embarrassed for mocking you and your belief that killing humans is righteous.

"Consider what Jesus endured for you on the cross so that all your sins may be forgiven and by the grace of God offer you eternal life. Receive the gift. It's free. "
    i did. i am a christian. you are not.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '15 14:23
    "Consider what Jesus endured for you on the cross so that all your sins may be forgiven and by the grace of God offer you eternal life. Receive the gift. It's free. "
    How can you even say this with one breath and that God is a murderous maniac with the next?

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." -- Matthew 22:37-40, KJV
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 May '15 10:25
    How can you even say this with one breath and that God is a murderous maniac with the next?

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." -- Matthew 22:37-40, KJV
    "How can you even say this with one breath and that God is a murderous maniac with the next?"
    i am not saying that. god is good, god is love.
    the one described as god in the OT is a murderous maniac and i can say that quite easily. it is not a problem, because the god from the OT is not real. a bunch of israelites invented a cruel deity to control their population. and because some were sadists and psychopaths.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 May '15 11:09
    "Then at the very least you're being extremely insulting to those who love and worship God. "
    only those that worship the god depicted in the OT. those deserve to be insulted.

"Calling your OP a literary commentary is just an excuse to belittle not only God, but those who believe in God."
    if you believe in that god, you deserve to be belittled.

"Y ...[text shortened]... od offer you eternal life. Receive the gift. It's free. "
    "i did. i am a christian. you are not."

A lot of people say they are Christians, but in the end Jesus will tell them He never knew them.

On what basis do you know you are a Christian? On what basis can you say you know Jesus and that He knows you? Because, to be honest, you sound more like a God hater than a Christian.

Jesus did the will of His Father who is the God of the Old Testament whom you have blasphemed. And one day Jesus will return to this world and destroy His enemies. Are you then going to call Jesus a murderer?
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 May '15 11:43
    [b]"i did. i am a christian. you are not."

A lot of people say they are Christians, but in the end Jesus will tell them He never knew them.

On what basis do you know you are a Christian? On what basis can you say you know Jesus and that He knows you? Because, to be honest, you sound more like a God hater than a Christian.

Jesus did the w ...[text shortened]... will return to this world and destroy His enemies. Are you then going to call Jesus a murderer?[/b]
    "On what basis do you know you are a Christian?"
    i follow christ's teachings. you know, the ones that say to NOT murder children and that everyone is worthy of love.

jesus was upset with the merchants in the temple and vented a little (he had a lot on his mind, with his iminent crucifixion). he did a little public vandalism.

the god of the old testament got a little upset with humanity and wiped them out.

see the difference?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree