God is more evil than Satan

God is more evil than Satan

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
21 May 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
There is really something wrong with you.

Talk about completely missing the points Joe was making.

I think I see what's going on here. I'm a liberal, I have a leftist leaning, like you do. But your liberalism is on par with finnegan's liberalism (as evidence here I submit that you both believe God's wrath poured out on the Canaanites and the Amaleki ...[text shortened]... u need to step back and take another look at exactly how and why one becomes a Christian.
as evidence here I submit that you both believe God's wrath poured out on the Canaanites and the Amalekites was nothing less than genocide

don't know what exactly is a "finnegan liberalism" but by the definition of genocide, the destruction of the canaanites as described in the ot is as genocidal as it gets.

"But you also believe in the risen Christ"
belief in the genocides of the OT is incompatible with belief in jesus. given that i believe in jesus, it is not surprising i don't believe in those atrocities. it is weird that you do.

"you must cram that square peg in the round hole, no matter how stupid you make your arguments"
"genocide is evil" is a stupid argument ?

" Because you find it utterly impossible to give up your leftist views at ANY point in the
conversation"
"genocide is bad" is a leftist view?

"so God MUST be a homicidal maniac"
not God. God, along with his son jesus are nice guys. your god, the horrible fabrication from the OT is a homicidal maniac.

" but still, you believe in Christ,"
said that already.
"and so HIS Father MUST be a different guy than the "homicidal maniac" of the OT. "
yep. glad you finally understood.

"Why not take the more measured view that God was just in his righteous wrath against the Canaanites and the Amalekites?"
that's not the more measured view (i will take it you mean "more reasonable" by this). that's the more psychotic view.

rather than think god killed all those people for no reason, i would much rather believe humans fabricated much of the OT (as they did throughout history), that only bits and pieces are true, the rest filler(horrible, psychotic filler) and that god couldn't be bothered to smite each and every one of those asholes for lying and waited 2000 years until he sent jesus to correct what is wrong and give a proper message.
your view says that god will kill children and innocents to get at a few bad guys, that he will murder entire nations so that his chosen people get some land and so many others.
my view says that god (an eternal being) just took his time (a blink of an eye for him) before sending jesus to give the proper message

Z

Moves
21 May 15

Let me ask you just one question.

WHY, do you think, did God send his only begotten Son to earth to die on the cross?
because the bible had become filled with atrocities and needed someone even better than prophets to speak of what is right. his view of what is right and what is wrong no longer coincided with the OT.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 May 15

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
because the bible had become filled with atrocities and needed someone even better than prophets to speak of what is right. his view of what is right and what is wrong no longer coincided with the OT.
You have failed to prove your point and have went down in defeat. 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 May 15

Do you mean like the atrocities you're posting? Who made YOU the authority over God's Word to decide what it means and what belongs in its content? At the very least you are presumptuous and ignorant about the canon of scripture.

If you think you're a Christian you had better heed the Lord's words in Revelation 22. Calling the God of the Bible a murderer of babies is as low as it gets. Rather more like what one might expect from the mouth of Satan.

You have also failed to answer the question posed to you on the previous page. You haven't the slightest understanding of what makes one a Christian, as evidenced by your corrupt understanding of the God of the Bible as a whole.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 May 15

No. Try again, only this time try not to be blinded by your own bias.

You don't even touch on why he needed to die, or why he had to be sinless.

Again, the question was, why did God send his only begotten Son to earth to die on the cross?

Hint: See John 3:16. In fact, see all 36 verses of John 3.

Z

Moves
25 May 15

Originally posted by josephw
Do you mean like the atrocities you're posting? Who made YOU the authority over God's Word to decide what it means and what belongs in its content? At the very least you are presumptuous and ignorant about the canon of scripture.

If you think you're a Christian you had better heed the Lord's words in Revelation 22. Calling the God of the Bible a murderer ...[text shortened]... one a Christian, as evidenced by your corrupt understanding of the God of the Bible as a whole.
"Who made YOU the authority over God's Word to decide what it means and what belongs in its content? "
who gave the bishops and priests who did decide what should be its content the authority?
i am just as qualified to offer opinions on the content of the bible as they were.
in fact, considering the 1000 years of thinkers, philosophers, moralists, scientific discovery, enlightenment that have passed since then, i am MORE qualified.

"Calling the God of the Bible a murderer of babies is as low as it gets."
because we don't call god murderer of babies even though he murdered babies? i have reconciled this with believing the OT is bullcrap. As such, i don't think god murdered babies. The OT lies when it says he murdered babies.

"You have also failed to answer the question posed to you on the previous page. You haven't the slightest understanding of what makes one a Christian, as evidenced by your corrupt understanding of the God of the Bible as a whole."
saying that i am wrong repeatedly doesn't make it true. Being a christian means being a follower of christ. you can't follow christ if you think murdering babies is ok, ever, for anyone.

Z

Moves
25 May 15

No. Try again, only this time try not to be blinded by your own bias.

You don't even touch on why he needed to die, or why he had to be sinless.

Again, the question was, why did God send his only begotten Son to earth to die on the cross?

Hint: See John 3:16. In fact, see all 36 verses of John 3.
"Try again, only this time try not to be blinded by your own bias."
funny. i am biased and i will prove i am not biased when i agree with you. do you think before posting?

"You don't even touch on why he needed to die, or why he had to be sinless."|
he didn't need to die.
he didn't need to be sinless, that's just how he is.

"why did God send his only begotten Son to earth to die on the cross?"
he sent his only Son to rectify the horrible teachings we invented in the old testament, to give a message of love that would shape our lives. God sent his only son to teach us about love, as much as he could, before we inevitably kill him for trying to change our evil ways.

this is another thing people find idiotic about christianity, the need for the best person in the world to die. I believe that's easily rectified by considering Jesus' life and his actions during his time here to have been the purpose, not his meaningless death.

John 3:16:
For this is the way 36 God loved the world: He gave his one and only 37 Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish 38 but have eternal life.

yep. believe in the Son. no mention yet about his death. belief in his life and consequentially in his teachings

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 May 15

funny. i am biased and i will prove i am not biased when i agree with you. do you think before posting?

he didn't need to die.

"why did God send hi ...[text shortened]... the Son. no mention yet about his death. belief in his life and consequentially in his teachings
When it says "He gave" that means "He gave His Life" for the sins of the world, you numbnuts.

Z

Moves
25 May 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
When it says "He gave" that means "He gave His Life" for the sins of the world, you numbnuts.
when you say "i give you my puppy" do you assume i will kill it? it is a real possibility that i might kill it, but is that the purpose of giving someone a puppy? to kill it?

numbnuts

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 May 15

"Who made YOU the authority over God's Word to decide what it means and what belongs in its content? "
who gave the bishops and priests who did decide what should be its content the authority?
i am just as qualified to offer opinions on the content of the bible as they were.
in fact, considering the 1000 years of thinkers, philosophers, moralists, scie ...[text shortened]... lower of christ. you can't follow christ if you think murdering babies is ok, ever, for anyone.
If you could only see your own hypocrisy Zahlanzi. I never said "I" was the authority, but you did!

The Word of God is it's own authority. Think about it.

2 Peter 5:21,
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

If it is true that the scriptures came about by the will of God, then is it not logical that God would preserve His Word through time? And if God did preserve His Word how would you know what is or isn't God's Word?

You're way over your head on this one Zahlanzi. Understanding the doctrine of preservation is what you need to understand. I'll give you a clue.
Psalm 12:6,7
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. Italics mine.

And that's just the beginning of the study of the doctrine of preservation. Just the tip of the iceberg of all the evidence that proves what is or isn't God's Word.

"Being a christian means being a follower of christ."

That doesn't answer the question Zahlanzi. The question is "how" does one become a Christian? Lots of people "say" they follow Jesus, but someday Jesus will say to some "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matthew 7:22,23.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 May 15
1 edit

he didn't need to die.

"why did God send hi ...[text shortened]... the Son. no mention yet about his death. belief in his life and consequentially in his teachings
Do yourself a favor and go to church, any Christian church.

First, learn about Christ, who he is, his relationship to God and his mission on earth. And then you may be better equipped to answer Joe's question about how one becomes a Christian. It doesn't seem like you quite understand what is involved, the how *and* the why.

I haven't yet heard you mention the need to be saved from your sins. Or that Jesus Christ is your Savior. This is what leads Joe and me to think you're missing something about the entire concept.

Z

Moves
27 May 15

Do yourself a favor and go to church, any Christian church.

First, learn about Christ, who he is, his relationship to God and his mission on earth. And then you may be better equipped to answer Joe's question about how one becomes a Christian. It doesn't seem like you quite understand what is involved, the how *and* the why.

I haven't ...[text shortened]... vior. This is what leads Joe and me to think you're missing something about the entire concept.
|"you must first eat up everything in the bible, including the crap, and only then will you understand why the crap is not crap"

i NEVER heard that tired argument before.

Z

Moves
27 May 15

Originally posted by josephw
If you could only see your own hypocrisy Zahlanzi. I never said "I" was the authority, but you did!

The Word of God is it's own authority. Think about it.

2 Peter 5:21,
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

If it is true that the scriptures came about by the will ...[text shortened]... sus will say to some "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matthew 7:22,23.
"The Word of God is it's own authority. Think about it. "
i did think about it. it's stupid.

"That doesn't answer the question Zahlanzi."
yes it does

"The question is "how" does one become a Christian? "
by following christ

"Lots of people "say" they follow Jesus, but someday Jesus will say to some "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.""
yes, that verse refers to the ones that only profess love for jesus, but don't follow him. which is exactly what you people are. you cannot claim to follow the teachings of christ and condone murdering children.