interesting how a translation can mess up an argument
    In this case it created the argument.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 14:52
    @divegeester said
    It’s only “bickering” when you’re the one who’s wrong, and you are wrong.

The difference between “preached“ and “published” is probably 1500 years and a printing press to you, you doofus.
    I guess you disagree with the facts. The Bible is the most published book by more than double the top ten books written by man in the last five hundred years.

But you bicker over a single word like a frustrated bitch.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 14:55
    @divegeester said
    Published is wrong.
    It's right because that's exactly what happened.

But keep bickering because that's what you're good at.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 14:56
    @divegeester said
    In this case it created the argument.
    You created the argument. And you're arguing against reality.
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 19:35
    @secondson said
    The gospel of Jesus Christ has been preached and published more that anything else on the planet, and to more people.
    It is the McDonalds of literature: bland.
  6. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 20:21
    Does it matter that the preaching and or publication of said word be exactly the same to all nations or is the many different interpretations of meaning and original text, which changes the message and meaning considerably, ok?
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 23:00
    @secondson said
    Approximately 2 billion of the top 10 books written by man have been published in the last 500 years, but the Bible, all by itself, has been published nearly 5 billion times, and their are close to 4 billion in circulation today.

In the 13th chapter of Mark Jesus gives the outline of events that will transpire in the near and far.

Verse two refers to the destruction o ...[text shortened]... ng all nations.

Jesus is near. Wake up!

Mark 13:36
    Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
    God is not joking .
    Well neither is Santa Claus .
    And he is coming to town .
    And he knows if you have been bad or good .
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 06:401 edit
    @secondson said
    I guess you disagree with the facts. The Bible is the most published book by more than double the top ten books written by man in the last five hundred years.
    But you bicker over a single word like a frustrated bitch.
    Mark 13:10 is correctly and more frequently translated as “preached” which makes far more sense considering that the “publishing” of books as a concept didn’t even exist when the words were written.

What you are doing is misrepresenting scripture in order to score points on the internet and me calling you out for it is not me being a “frustrated little bitch” even if you saying that gives you a little burst of hateful joy.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 06:41
    @secondson said
    It's right because that's exactly what happened.
    But keep bickering because that's what you're good at.
    This is a debate forum and I’m debating you Joseph.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 06:441 edit
    @secondson said
    You created the argument. And you're arguing against reality.
    I’m calling out your intellectual dishonesty whereby you are misrepresenting biblical scripture in order to make a weak and ineffectual point on an Internet forum board.

Why don’t you call me “bitch” or “ashole” again, go on, you know how good it makes you feel.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 19:59
    @caissad4 said
    God is not joking .
    Well neither is Santa Claus .
    And he is coming to town .
    And he knows if you have been bad or good .
    I guess I'll find coal in my stocking.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 20:25
    @divegeester said
    Mark 13:10 is correctly and more frequently translated as “preached” which makes far more sense considering that the “publishing” of books as a concept didn’t even exist when the words were written.

What you are doing is misrepresenting scripture in order to score points on the internet and me calling you out for it is not me being a “frustrated little bitch” even if you saying that gives you a little burst of hateful joy.
    I said "frustrated bitch" not "frustrated little bitch". I would never say you were little.

"...considering that the “publishing” of books as a concept didn’t even exist when the words were written."

Bitch nitpicking is all that is. Ever hear of what scribes do?

Don't you realize that back then they didn't have printing presses, Internet, radio, television or satellites.

The scribes were very precise, and made buttloads of copies. It was how God's Word was "published", and copies were expensive.

Nevertheless, there exists today more extant manuscripts of God's Word than for anything else by a far margin.

And the point of my OP still stands, notwithstanding your efforts to bitch nitpick over a word.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 06:07
    @secondson said
    I said "frustrated bitch" not "frustrated little bitch". I would never say you were little.
    Frequently when cornered debate with resort to exhibiting a nastiness rarely seen in other people here. Except sonship possibly.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 06:10
    @secondson said
    Bitch nitpicking is all that is. Ever hear of what scribes do?
    Mark 10:13 is not translated as published it is translated as preached.

If someone pointing out your error causes you to call them a “frustrated bitch”, then that is far more interesting than you twisting the meaning of a scripture in order to make a point.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 06:15
    @secondson said
    The scribes were very precise, and made buttloads of copies. It was how God's Word was "published", and copies were expensive.
    Nevertheless, there exists today more extant manuscripts of God's Word than for anything else by a far margin.
    And the point of my OP still stands, notwithstanding your efforts to bitch nitpick over a word.
    Your OP claims that the bible prophesies that the word of God will be “published” it doesn’t, you are misrepresenting scripture in order to try to make a point.

You are being dishonest. And you are being abusive because you don’t like being challenged.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree