1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 19:31
    Originally posted by Darax The Good
    that's not true. Jesus and Muhammad said essentially the same thing.
    False.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 19:58
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father, except through Me."

Who was it that said that again?
    "Cursed be he who keepeth back his sword from blood."

Jeremiah (48:10) and the favourite quote of Gregory VII.

New International Version (©1984)
    "A curse on him who is lax in doing the LORD's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed!

New Living Translation (©2007)
    Cursed are those who refuse to do the LORD's work, who hold back their swords from shedding blood!

English Standard Version (©2001)
    “Cursed is he who does the work of the LORD with slackness, and cursed is he who keeps back his sword from bloodshed.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    "Cursed be the one who does the LORD'S work negligently, And cursed be the one who restrains his sword from blood.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    Cursed are those who neglect doing the LORD's work. Cursed are those who keep their swords from killing.

King James Bible
    Cursed [be] he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed [be] he that keepeth back his sword from blood.

American King James Version
    Cursed be he that does the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keeps back his sword from blood.

American Standard Version
    Cursed be he that doeth the work of Jehovah negligently; and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.

Bible in Basic English
    Let him be cursed who does the Lord's work half-heartedly; let him be cursed who keeps back his sword from blood.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Cursed be he that doth the work of the Lord deceitfully: and cursed be he that withholdeth his sword from blood.

Darby Bible Translation
    Cursed be he that doeth the work of Jehovah negligently, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood!

English Revised Version
    Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD negligently, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.

Webster's Bible Translation
    Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.

World English Bible
    Cursed is he who does the work of Yahweh negligently; and cursed is he who keeps back his sword from blood.

Young's Literal Translation
    Cursed is he who is doing the work of Jehovah slothfully, And cursed is he Who is withholding his sword from blood.
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 00:35
    Originally posted by finnegan
    [b] an accused may be found guilty of murder if he or she foresees that death or grievous bodily harm is a probable consequence even though the accused did not intend to cause death or grievous bodily harm. [/i]

http://www.lrc.justice.wa.gov.au/2publications/reports/homicide/P97-ch02.pdf[/b]
    The last word then (see full post earlier)

🙂
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 05:37
    My goodness, what an annoying kid.

The whole Jeremiah 48 is an encouragement to the Israelites
    before going to war with the Moabites, the relatives of Israel
    through Terah and, funnily, Baal worshipers. That war was
    over, like, thousands of years ago.

The law is important from the Old Testament, and the historical
    notes are that, historical, for that particular time. Even the
    half-witted knows that there is a before and after Jesus.
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 11:361 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    My goodness, what an annoying kid.

The whole Jeremiah 48 is an encouragement to the Israelites
    before going to war with the Moabites, the relatives of Israel
    through Terah and, funnily, Baal worshipers. That war was
    over, like, thousands of years ago.

The law is important from the Old Testament, and the historical
    notes are that, historical, for that particular time. Even the
    half-witted knows that there is a before and after Jesus.
    Oh I see. Quite unlike Muhammad dealing with idolators and the like then.

Of course Gegrory VII's affection for this quote was long ago - maybe four hundred years after Muhammad - and in connection, strangely, with attacking and forcibly converting the pagans West of the Elbe in Eastern Europe, while occupying those "Slav" lands with German settlers, castles and monastries. That war was over - like - a thousand years ago as was the conquest (from pagan idolators) by the Muslims of Arabia and by the Arabs of the Byzantine and Persian Empires.

The half witted seem to be very selective about what aspects of Christianity they employ in any argument.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 12:40
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Oh I see. Quite unlike Muhammad dealing with idolators and the like then.

Of course Gegrory VII's affection for this quote was long ago - maybe four hundred years after Muhammad - and in connection, strangely, with attacking and forcibly converting the pagans West of the Elbe in Eastern Europe, while occupying those "Slav" lands with German settlers, ca ...[text shortened]... ted seem to be very selective about what aspects of Christianity they employ in any argument.
    While the quarter-witted seem content in honing on isolated parts of the picture, claiming contradiction where none exists.
  7. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 18:26
    While the quarter-witted seem content in honing on isolated parts of the picture, claiming contradiction where none exists.
    I was not responding to you here. The witticism is not worth the interruption.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 20:27
    Oh, let the kid have his fun.

It must be really, really boring in Ireland. After all, my
    taxes are supporting their leisure time... attacking
    Christianity in a chess website.
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 22:02
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Oh, let the kid have his fun.

It must be really, really boring in Ireland. After all, my
    taxes are supporting their leisure time... attacking
    Christianity in a chess website.
    Attacking islam on the other hand is apparently highly entertaining and no doubt stimulating.

But yes, I have fun thanks and all at your expense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree