1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 02:372 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Huh? Am I missing something here? These eight humans were the only ones saved from destruction. They were the only somewhat God fearing people left. The bloodline to Christ went through Noah.
    According to the bible, Noah was in danger of being killed as well. That shows that God intended to wipe out every living thing, Noah's family. This means that God wasn't only going to destroy the Nephelim, but all mankind as well.

Thus, claiming that God sent a flood because it was full of almost nothing but Nephelim is an invalid argument (as well as completely unsupported by the bible).
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 02:53
    These eight humans were the only ones saved from destruction. They were the only somewhat God fearing people left.
    Did your God figure also wipe out people to whom he had not revealed Himself or his 'rules' or His reasons to be "fearing" Him ~ in parts of the world far away from where the writers of Exodus just so happened to live?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 02:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Did your God figure also wipe out people to whom he had not revealed Himself or his 'rules' or His reasons to be "fearing" Him ~ in parts of the world far away from where the writers of Exodus just so happened to live?
    Checkbaiter believes that there were no other humans on earth at the time besides Noah and his family. He believes all the others were half-demons. No, I'm not kidding.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 03:01
    Originally posted by vivify
    Checkbaiter believes that there were no other humans on earth at the time besides Noah and his family. He believes all the others were half-demons. No, I'm not kidding.
    Which women did Noah's four sons procreate with and how did it result in the ethnic/racial diversity we see in the world today?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 12:302 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which women did Noah's four sons procreate with and how did it result in the ethnic/racial diversity we see in the world today?
    Their wives.
    Gen 8:18-19
    So Noah went out, and his sons and his wife and his sons' wives with him. 19 Every animal, every creeping thing, every bird, and whatever creeps on the earth, according to their families, went out of the ark.
    NKJV
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 12:401 edit
    Their wives.
    But you said "These eight humans were the only ones saved from destruction." Noah (one), his wife (two), four sons (that makes six). Did all the four sons sleep with the same two women? And Did Noah's grandchildren then later procreate with each other?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 13:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    But you said "These eight humans were the only ones saved from destruction." Noah (one), his wife (two), four sons (that makes six). Did all the four sons slept with the same two women? And Did Noah's grandchildren then later procreate with each other?
    Noah had 3 sons. Did Checkbaiter say 4 ?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 13:34
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    My mistake. Sorry, checkbaiter.

How did the procreation of Noah's three sons result in the ethnic/racial diversity we see currently in the world?

Did Noah's grandchildren then later procreate with each other ~ 1st cousin with 1st cousin?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 14:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    My mistake. Sorry, checkbaiter.

How did the procreation of Noah's three sons result in the ethnic/racial diversity we see currently in the world?

Did Noah's grandchildren then later procreate with each other ~ 1st cousin with 1st cousin?
    I don't know all the details. I have all the confidence in God and how he worked this all out.
    I have resources that go into much detail, but it would be hours of typing here or copy and paste and I know how displeasing this would be to many here. There are many video's and audio teachings I would have listen to again, and video's aren't appreciated by many of you either.
    "Journey through the Old Testament" is my favorite, it is 24 hours. Would you like the link to listen to it?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 14:14
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I had to laugh at this one, it sounds like a court room. Are you one of the prosecutors?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 14:23
    I don't know all the details. I have all the confidence in God and how he worked this all out.
    I have resources that go into much detail, but it would be hours of typing here or copy and paste and I know how displeasing this would be to many here. There are many video's and audio teachings I would have listen to again, and video's aren't appreciated by ...[text shortened]... ough the Old Testament" is my favorite, it is 24 hours. Would you like the link to listen to it?
    Why would you have confidence in a narrative that is so patently preposterous and whose explanation stumbles at the first obvious and common-sensical scrutiny? In the act of subscribing to ancient Hebrew mythology - or to folklore that appealed to the ancient Hebrew mind, like the Noah/flood story - do you perceive yourself as having to actively render yourself credulous in order to have "confidence" in it?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 15:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why would you have confidence in a narrative that is so patently preposterous and whose explanation stumbles at the first obvious and common-sensical scrutiny? In the act of subscribing to ancient Hebrew mythology - or to folklore that appealed to the ancient Hebrew mind, like the Noah/flood story - do you perceive yourself as having to actively render yourself credulous in order to have "confidence" in it?
    I don't have to render myself credulous to be confident because after all the years of study and receiving from God in so many ways, I have confidence and trust in Him.
    I do not see the bible as Hebrew folklore or any other mythology. I see it as truth.
    Every day new discovery is found that corroborates the truths in the bible.
    These discoveries do not surprise me, because I already knew they were true.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 18:48

I don't have to render myself credulous to be confident because after all the years of study and receiving from God in so many ways, I have confidence and trust in Him.
    I do not see the bible as Hebrew folklore or any other mythology. I see it as truth.
    Every day new discovery is found that corroborates the truths in the bible.
    These discoveries do not surprise me, because I already knew they were true.
    Literal truth, in its entirety?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 19:50
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Literal truth, in its entirety?
    No, as I have stated many times before there are many figures of speech, Happy Easter Ghost!
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 19:52
    No, as I have stated many times before there are many figures of speech, Happy Easter Ghost!
    Same to you old chap.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree