1. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 17:10
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    [b]“Today we can look back into the Old Testament, see Metonymy of the Subject and understand why God had to use this figure of speech. It seems clear that without the power to fight the Devil, people were better off not knowing about him. In His abounding love, God “took the blame” for good and evil, telling His people that if they believed and obeyed H ...[text shortened]... ok a little more deeply to who God and Jesus really are.
    I assure you they are loving and good.
    So there is no metonymy in Isaiah then?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 17:16
    Originally posted by vivify
    Nephelim were half-human, half-angel hybrids. Why didn't God just get rid of them? Why did he wipe out nearly every human as well?
    Because there were only 8 humans left. He saved them on the Ark.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 17:17
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So there is no metonymy in Isaiah then?
    Yes, the whole verse is. You are not grasping it.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 17:28
    Yes, the whole verse is. You are not grasping it.
    No, you are not explaining it. If you get into the Isaiah verse then you will see that your logic fails, so you post some irrelevant nonsense hoping that you can baffle people with BS from some website.

There is no metonymy in this:

That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:6-7 KJV)

God says:
    - He forms the light
    - He creates darkness
    - He makes peace
    - He creates evil.
    - HE DOES ALL THESE THINGS.

Now if you try to claim that part of evil does not apply then the entire passage would not apply.

Here where Im from we call that donkey logic. Good luck to you pal.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 18:40
    No, you are not explaining it. If you get into the Isaiah verse then you will see that your logic fails, so you post some irrelevant nonsense hoping that you can baffle people with BS from some website.

There is no metonymy in this:

[i]That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and the ...[text shortened]... passage would not apply.

Here where Im from we call that donkey logic. Good luck to you pal.
    This is why I cannot communicate with you. You resort to name calling and are short tempered, which shows why you don't live to the standards of Jesus which you so vehemently say you cling to, or at least espouse and demand others to.
    You live in a small self imposed world. You speak to and understand donkeys, whatever that means.
    I think I offered a reasonable explanation why God is not responsible for evil but it is beyond your grasp, or you disagree, so please move along to another thread and leave this for the adults...thank you.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 20:401 edit
    This is why I cannot communicate with you. You resort to name calling and are short tempered, which shows why you don't live to the standards of Jesus which you so vehemently say you cling to, or at least espouse and demand others to.
    You live in a small self imposed world. You speak to and understand donkeys, whatever that means.
    I think I offered a ...[text shortened]... you disagree, so please move along to another thread and leave this for the adults...thank you.
    Actually you just cannot communicate with anyone. No question posed to you, are you addressing properly.

God says:
    - He forms the light
    - He creates darkness
    - He makes peace
    - He creates evil.
    - HE DOES ALL THESE THINGS.

What in that is metonymy
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 21:341 edit
    Because there were only 8 humans left. He saved them on the Ark.
    So only the angels were mating with women? What happened to the male humans? Did they just decide to stop having sex and no longer reproduced?

Furthermore:

Genesis: 6:5:

"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagining of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

"Man" means human. Not supernatural half-demons.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 21:43
    So only the angels were mating with women? What happened to the male humans? Did they just decide to stop having sex and no longer reproduced?

Furthermore:

Genesis: 6:5:

"And God saw that the wickedness of [b]man
    was great in the earth, and that every imagining of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

"Man" means human. Not supernatural half-demons.[/b]
    They were human, but they were demon possessed to such a degree that they were beyond help. Satan was doing everything in his power to stop the promise of Gen 3:15.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 01:50
    They were human, but they were demon possessed to such a degree that they were beyond help. Satan was doing everything in his power to stop the promise of Gen 3:15.
    Hebrews 11:7 says, “By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.”

If God didn't intend to wipe out mankind, then Noah's household would not have needed "saving". Clearly, God intended to wipe out mankind, Noah included. So again, God doesn't care one bit about what's "legal".
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 02:03
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sbC3aJgqt4
    Yes It is. "God" is responsible for everything.

I should know...
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 02:05
    God says:

That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness:[b] I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
    (Isaiah 45:6-7 KJV)

I think thats clear enough. We dont need another youtube religion to tell us what the Bible says clearly.[/b]
    It is interesting that the bible seems to mock my own beliefs 🙂
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 02:14
    You live in a small self imposed world. You speak to and understand donkeys, whatever that means. I think I offered a reasonable explanation why God is not responsible for evil but it is beyond your grasp, or you disagree, so please move along to another thread and leave this for the adults...thank you.
    Weren't you just now ~ in the same post, in fact ~ accusing the person you're replying to of resorting to name calling and being short tempered? And yet it seems to be you who is lashing out here.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 02:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Weren't you just now ~ in the same post, in fact ~ accusing the person you're replying to of resorting to name calling and being short tempered? And yet it seems to be you who is lashing out here.
    To my own hurt, I sometimes respond in kind 😉
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 02:19
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes It is. "God" is responsible for everything.

I should know...
    Well that settles it then...
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 02:23
    Hebrews 11:7 says, “By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.”

If God didn't intend to wipe out mankind, then Noah's household would not have needed "saving". Clearly, ...[text shortened]... ed to wipe out mankind, Noah included. So again, God doesn't care one bit about what's "legal".
    Huh? Am I missing something here? These eight humans were the only ones saved from destruction. They were the only somewhat God fearing people left. The bloodline to Christ went through Noah.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree