1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 17:01
    Originally posted by JS357
    There is no evidence for the creator being extinct. What I mean that the evidential case for a creator does not imply that the creator survived the creative act. Yet another premise would be needed, for example the idea that everything that exists requires a sustainer.

Don't get me wrong. I don't belief faith is an evidence-based state of mind. I thi ...[text shortened]... k evidence-based arguments for the existence of God are only convincing to the already-faithful.
    But the faithful began as faithless, therefore presenting the case to the faithless is worthwhile.
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 15:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I may not be able to influence what God does, but I can point out when you are using a strawman argument. After all, you are not God.
    Can you point me to one single person who wants to be separate from God for eternity?
    TWhiteHead
    I think that those who don't want to be with God might be the following. . .

==================
    1) Anyone who is aware of the possibility of God's existence and doesn't try to do what it takes to be with God.

2) Anyone that is aware of the possibility of God's existence and chooses on purpose to believe in man's science rather than God.

3) Anyone that is aware of the possibility of God's existence but who refuses to believe in God.

4) Anyone that is aware of the possibility of God's existence and God's wanting to save him or her but who doesn't seek after God and God's eternal life.

5) Anyone who requires other people not to tell him or her how he or she can be with God.

===================

Maybe others could provide more responses as to those who do not want to be with God.

King James Version
    ==============
    Acts 17: 23
    For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

Psalm 14: 1
    (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Galatians 4: 8
    Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 15:48
    Or maybe, just maybe, there are those who just can't bring themselves to acknowledge that there is no God, for whatever reason.
    At least we are in agreement that the OP, is a strawman.
    TWhiteHead,
    Those who do not acknowledge that God is, do not want to be with God. They must want their own paths more than God.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 15:57
    TWhiteHead,
    You Typed
    -------------------------
    Mostly your post consists of unsubstantiated claims strung together with words like 'therefore' without any logical deductions being made at all. For a post that uses the word 'reason' so many times, it is sorely lacking in it.

Since mankind does not know All Things, then no man can substantiate that there is no God.

No man should try to tell themselves or others that there is no God.

It doesn't matter about vain arguments that God doesn't exist. They are worthless.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 15:57
    I may not be able to influence what God does, but I can point out when you are using a strawman argument. After all, you are not God.
    Can you point me to one single person who wants to be separate from God for eternity?
    Me.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 16:01
    Originally posted by JS357
    Our little imaginations and thoughts are what are worthless.

That is a self-refuting statement.
    Well, what he meant was, 'your little imaginations and thoughts...'. The change to 'our' was introduced in BibleBot version 3.1 to provide a sense of magnanimity.
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 16:02
    Js357,
    The bottom line is that either a person wants God or doesn't want God.

How much more are we to blame for unbelief who have sight and hearing than those who never had sight and hearing?
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 16:09
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    TWhiteHead,
    You Typed
    Mostly your post consists of unsubstantiated claims strung together with words like 'therefore' without any logical deductions being made at all. For a post that uses the word 'reason' so many times, it is sorely lacking in it.

Since mankind does not know All Things, then no ...[text shortened]... s no God.

It doesn't matter about vain arguments that God doesn't exist. They are worthless.
    Since mankind does not know All Things, then no man can substantiate that there is no God.
    Ok., I'm an agnostic so you won't get any arguments with this line.
    No man should try to tell themselves or others that there is no God.
    Is this meant to follow from the first line or is it a free-standing statement? Most people would settle for something about respecting the beliefs of others. Part of this is accepting one's own beliefs, so I don't agree with your second line.
    This is incoherent. Why doesn't it matter and for what does it not matter? Can you give a reason for your claim that these arguments are worthless?
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 16:09
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Well, what he meant was, '[b]your little imaginations and thoughts...'. The change to 'our' was introduced in BibleBot version 3.1 to provide a sense of magnanimity.[/b]
    BigDog,
    I am blind about God. We all have blindness to some extent. I can be wrong about things that I conclude about God. God must tell us everything to believe. Otherwise we can count on nothing. Otherwise we have nothing to expect in the future. We are totally dependent on God for everything.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 16:12
    BigDog,
    I am blind about God. We all have blindness to some extent. I can be wrong about things that I conclude about God. God must tell us everything to believe. Otherwise we can count on nothing. Otherwise we have nothing to expect in the future. We are totally dependent on God for everything.
    I'm doing fine without him. Which is fortunate, because he doesn't exist and thus couldn't help me in any case.
  11. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 16:141 edit
    DeepThought,
    You Typed
    ================

This is incoherent. Why doesn't it matter and for what does it not matter? Can you give a reason for your claim that these arguments are worthless?
    ================

Unbelief in God gains nothing for our existences in the human realm or the eternal realm. Unbelief in God's way of salvation secures our doom away from God. Whatever God gives us for unbelief will be His sovereignty over us. We have no final say so over what God does with us.

Our unbelief is destructive at best.

Personally, I want more than my hateful human life existence. Why doesn't everyone want more?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 16:23
    TWhiteHead
    I think that those who don't want to be with God might be the following. . .

==================
    1) Anyone who is aware of the possibility of God's existence and doesn't try to do what it takes to be with God.

2) Anyone that is aware of the possibility of God's existence and chooses on purpose to believe in man's science rather than God ...[text shortened]... 8
    Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
    King James Bible
    And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    John 3:19

King James Bible
    For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    John 3:20

I think this would be your #6..
    No accountability for my actions
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 16:25
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I'm doing fine without him. Which is fortunate, because he doesn't exist and thus couldn't help me in any case.
    BigDog,
    You are responsible for your choices when you know the truth and refuse it. You want be able to blame God for anything.
  14. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 16:34
    CheckBaiter,
    You Typed
    ==============
    I think this would be your #6..
    No accountability for my actions
    ==============

What did you mean? Do you mean that you are not responsible for your actions?
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 16:411 edit
    BigDog,
    You are responsible for your choices when you know the truth and refuse it. You want be able to blame God for anything.
    I never refuse the truth. [How does one even do that? Perhaps you meant, "refuse to admit the truth".]

The truth is that there is no god.

I don't feel a need to blame God for anything at all. Same goes for Sasquatches, the Easter Bunny, the Loch Ness Monster, the Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree