30 Oct '05 01:29
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    GOD love is conditional
    Dalek
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 01:29
    If they do not Renpent from their sins. Then they have to accept The Salvation that is offered by JESUS CHRIST.
    You hateful Dalek
  3. Meddling with things
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 01:30
    You have to let yourself, love GOD.
    Slimeball
  4. Meddling with things
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 01:30
    Mankind has no idea what all the gifts, that are waitting for us in Heaven.
    You're just a skidmark
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 01:45
    Mankind has no idea what all the gifts, that are waitting for us in Heaven.
    Interesting POV. So, they could be just about anything. Sex and drugs and Rock and Roll, right? Lots of long legged, sexually promiscuous girls in those school-girl skirts bringing you fatty foods and houkas full of the finest lebanese hash, and cold beer to wash it down with? Whatever would you sexually/morally/socially repressed xtians do then? Ask to be sent to hell instead?
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 02:34
    Originally posted by David C
    Interesting POV. So, they could be just about anything. Sex and drugs and Rock and Roll, right? Lots of long legged, sexually promiscuous girls in those school-girl skirts bringing you fatty foods and houkas full of the finest lebanese hash, and cold beer to wash it down with? Whatever would you sexually/morally/socially repressed xtians do then? Ask to be sent to hell instead?
    If some of you do not Repent. You are headed that way?
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 02:36
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    You're just a skidmark
    God is still giving you a chance to repent.
  8. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 02:492 edits
    God is still giving you a chance to repent.
    Some of us think that God's nipped out to Starbucks to sit and sip and check the ol' celestial stock portfolio. Can you be sure that your stock is rising in the pecuniary eyes of the lord? 😕😕😞😕😕😕🙄
  9. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 02:57
    If some of you do not Repent. You are headed that way?
    I don't think you understood what I said.

Here, I will try again: You said that we do not/cannot know what treasures or gifts await us in heaven. I said, OK, then it could be anything. Maybe even something you don't like here on earth. Then what would you do?
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 09:19
    I don't think you understood what I said.

Here, I will try again: You said that we do not/cannot know what treasures or gifts await us in heaven. I said, OK, then it could be anything. Maybe even something you don't like here on earth. Then what would you do?
    Then that would make GOD a liar. GOD does not lie. The only we know about Heaven or the New Earth, is only what we imangine. Or what we try to picture, with our sinful heart and mind.
  11. Colorado
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 09:39
    I think that some of us are missing the point of the whole God's love issue so I'll add my two cents.

God's love in unconditional whether we love him or hate him or sin or whatever. It is always there.

The only thing that we can give to God is our hearts. He doesn’t need our money, he doesn’t need our jokes or sarcasm, and he sure doesn’t need our advice (thou personally I intend to ask him why he has made himself so difficult to find/understand). The only thing that we can give God is our hearts, and this is the only thing that he wants from us.

Now, what does this mean? It means that we should forget about seeking God for divine powers, miracles, or worldly gratification. We should seek him because we want to know and experience his great love for us. We should seek him because we realize that everything material gets old, damaged, lost, stolen, or just plain looses its appeal after awhile. The only thing that can give us lasting happiness is to experience God’s divine love for ourselves, and to know that we are his.

Amen.
  12. Joined
    03 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 10:10
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    So God loves us unconditionally, eh?

He sometimes has a funny way of showing it.

Do you think that He loves the innocent children who died, were maimed, or who lost parents, in the recent earthquake in Pakistan?

Maybe you should write them a letter, explaining that, because you privately are assured of God's love, they should be too.

Perhap ...[text shortened]... e of what words that letter might contain, and add substance to your simple assertions of faith.
    That old "why does god allow suffering" argument is a stale atheist argument. And here is the true holy rebuttal:

Erm......er.......erm.......cos.........er.
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 10:12
    Then that would make GOD a liar. GOD does not lie. The only we know about Heaven or the New Earth, is only what we imangine. Or what we try to picture, with our sinful heart and mind.
    *sigh*....maybe we can try this line by line.

YOU SAID: We DO not KNOW what GIFTS await us IN heaven. Is this correct?
  14. Joined
    03 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 10:14
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    I think that some of us are missing the point of the whole God's love issue so I'll add my two cents.

God's love in unconditional whether we love him or hate him or sin or whatever. It is always there.

The only thing that we can give to God is our hearts. He doesn’t need our money, he doesn’t need our jokes or sarcasm, and he sure doesn’t ...[text shortened]... ppiness is to experience God’s divine love for ourselves, and to know that we are his.

Amen.
    That's sweet it really is (genuinely no sarcasm). But it's child-like wishful thinking. It's much harder to ackknowledge that this is the one short life we have and if we can be decent, we get nothing. Yet still atheists try to be decent. It's humanity, not the rewards of heaven.
  15. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 10:15
    *sigh*....maybe we can try this line by line.

YOU SAID: We DO not KNOW what GIFTS await us IN heaven. Is this correct?
    Those who LOVE THE LORD have no need of your earthly logic...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree