1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 08:44
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - You really made me laugh - really 😉

David C, to me, God exists in anything and everything. He is the lover of my soul. I cannot live without Him. No matter what you believe, no matter what you say or do, will never ever change the way I feel about Jesus Christ.

If you want to worship "the sun", knok yourself out! There are peopl ...[text shortened]... , even the aligator is worshiped.

So no, I dont agree with you. I vote for God, al the way 😉
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - You really made me laugh - really

That's great. Laughter is a good thing, although I suspect your 'laughter' is one of derision.

If you want to worship "the sun", knok yourself out! There are people who worship the moon as well, even the aligator is worshiped.

Let's be straight, Nic. I never said that I "worshipped" the Sun...I'm simply pointing out that the Sun is a much more logical creator than the one you've chosen. Yes, there are religions or cultures that deify the Moon as a Goddess, and still others that deify nature's creatures as divine...none of these are any less arbitrary (in many cases, they make much more sense) than your beliefs.

I'm glad you and Jesus are happy together, really I am. If nothing I ever say or do can convince you that he never really existed and your religion is only one more of many selling it's own brand of pie-in-the-sky nonsense, then you must realize that your proselytizing xtianity meets with the exact same fate.
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 08:571 edit
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    [
  3. England
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 11:313 edits
    Originally posted by David C
    even 2 edit you has. wow! curious? OK, I explain you try by your god his is. no personal thing is here by now, only difficulty you understand there was. only this makes, god see as christian look not like by you think is for was. fail not your by his my argument when not looks him is.

Does that clear things up for you, stoker?
    what in this life are you explaining??? your other posts are easy to read this how...ever.. The reason ive not replyed earlier is only get online, do you like star wars as the way you write is like that little geen jedi. Do you also have a problem with 2 edits as the first was a miss spelt word the second was a addition... god loves you... and now 3..
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 11:37
    Originally posted by stoker
    what in this life are you explaining??? your other posts are easy to read this how...ever.. The reason ive not replyed earlier is only get online, do you like star wars as the way you write is like that little geen jedi. Do you also have a problem with 2 edits as the first was a miss spelt word the second was a addition... god loves you... and now 3..
    I think it an attempt was at humour.
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 23:27
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    I'm not exactly an orthodox Christian.
    Interesting.

Because it sure sounds like salvation by works, which runs contrary to
    St Paul's point of view. That is, if you feel that a person who believes
    that there is insufficient evidence to maintain that God exists (that is,
    an atheist) lives a moral and righteous life (presumably, according to
    Biblical standards), God may intervene and save them?

What about a 'Christian' who does not attend to the needs of the
    poor according to St Matthew's Jesus (Chapter 25, sheep and goats)?
    Will s/he be saved?

If not, then what is the advantage of being a Christian? If it is the
    living of a moral and righteous life that matters, and that being a
    Christian won't give you a 'get-out-of-hell-free card,' what meaning
    does it pose?

Nemesio
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 07:01
    Originally posted by David C
    [b]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - You really made me laugh - really

That's great. Laughter is a good thing, although I suspect your 'laughter' is one of derision.

If you want to worship "the sun", knok yourself out! There are people who worship the moon as well, even the aligator is worshiped.

Let's be straight, Nic. I never said that I "worsh ...[text shortened]... nonsense, then you must realize that your proselytizing xtianity meets with the exact same fate.[/b]
    Hi David.

No, really, my laughter was not disrespectfull in any way.

Thank you for respecting my believes.
  7. Colorado
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 02:291 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Interesting.

Because it sure sounds like salvation by works, which runs contrary to
    St Paul's point of view. That is, if you feel that a person who believes
    that there is insufficient evidence to maintain that God exists (that is,
    an atheist) lives a moral and righteous life (presumably, according to
    Biblical standards), God may intervene and save t ...[text shortened]... hristian won't give you a 'get-out-of-hell-free card,' what meaning
    does it pose?

Nemesio
    Because it sure sounds like salvation by works, which runs contrary to St Paul's point of view. That is, if you feel that a person who believes that there is insufficient evidence to maintain that God exists (that is, an atheist) lives a moral and righteous life (presumably, according to Biblical standards), God may intervene and save them?

I also specified that they love people. God said that what we do unto people we do unto him. See my “Grace vs. Self-Effort” thread now on page two for a reply to your point regarding St. Paul.

What about a 'Christian' who does not attend to the needs of the
    poor according to St Matthew's Jesus (Chapter 25, sheep and goats)?
    Will s/he be saved?

Not what I’d recommend, but we cannot know God’s judgments.

Romans 11:33 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!"

What is in the heart of this Christian? What kind of relationship does he have with God? What are the circumstances? Again, God knows and judges us accordingly.

If not, then what is the advantage of being a Christian? If it is the
    living of a moral and righteous life that matters, and that being a
    Christian won't give you a 'get-out-of-hell-free card,' what meaning
    does it pose?

I don’t believe that there is such a thing as a 'get-out-of-hell-free card’ as you put it. Christianity is a religion. A religion is a tool. It can be used to either bring people to God or away from God.

Sharing the faith with like minded people can be uplifting. In Mathew Jesus said something like “Where two or more are gathered in my name there am I with them” (paraphrased).

When religion works, it strengthens and enhances our relationship with God. It’s just important to not get caught up in all the politics and rhetoric that people bring and stay focused on the relationship.
  8. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 03:35
    Originally posted by Halitose
    I think it an attempt was at humour.
    Nah. Just demonstrating to stoksie there how completely incoherent a post can really be if you put your mind to the task. None of this half-assed garble he seems to come up with consistently.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree