1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:00
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Isn't that like ahem...*testing* that if your put your hand in the mouth of a hungry aligator, it won't eat it?...your god screwed up big time!!!...he wasn't clever enough to realisise that his test was pure folly!...either that or he's a sadistic twisted b*****d, or finally...there actually isn't a god at all
    I wrote "testing" because I do not know how to erase a post that I have second thoughts on publishing.

My first reaction to your potty mouth post was retracted.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:111 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]
    So your god f***ed up then didn't he!!!...in his infinite wisdom he made the mistake of thinking that if you give the proverbial candy to a baby...it won't eat it!

I don't look at it that way at all.

I think the two words "image" and "dominion" carry a positive connotation and a negative one. On one side man was created to expre trend of the first man to charge God with the fault of man's poor choice.

Copycat.[/b]
    So your god f***ed up then didn't he!!!...in his infinite wisdom he made the mistake of thinking that if you give the proverbial candy to a baby...it won't eat it!

I don't look at it that way at all.

I think the two words "image" and "dominion" carry a positive connotation and a negative one. On one side man was created to express God. On the other side man was created to have dominion and crush God's enemy.

God would not fight directly against the rebellious creator Satan. He created man to be in harmony with His will to destroy Satan. So dominion implies to me that God created man also to be in harmony with His plan to crush the ancient rebel.

Satan attacked pre-emptively to save himself. But man was created very good and in a nuetral position between God and Satan.

Of course from the beginning of time man has blamed God. Adam said that the woman God gave him made him err. So you follow the same human trend of the first man to charge God with the fault of man's poor choice.

Copycat.

LMAO...so lemme get this straight, your god...being so big, powerful and clever figured that the only way to crush satan was to make a little world and populate it with Adam and Eve!...whatcha gonna do now Satan eh?...EH?!

Of course from the beginning of time man has blamed God. Adam said that the woman God gave him made him err. So you follow the same human trend of the first man to charge God with the fault of man's poor choice.

Copycat.

But God f***ed up...didn't realise that Adam and Eve would not stay away from that apple tree forever!!! he is very silly

calling me a copycat eh?...isn't that like calling me a copycat for telling young kids not to do things that might seriously hurt them on account of being told the same things myself (and later figuring out why I had been told)?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:152 edits
    [qs]
    Nor did he mention that your god *Intelligently Designed* syphillis, AIDS, small-pox etc... to punish even those who do worship him! (he even makes some of his *righteous creations* truly horrific in terms of how much pain the can inflict and the amount of bodily destruction they can bring forth) [/qs]

From what I heard years ago syphillis is a disease that crossed over from animals into the human race. It was the result of people having sex with animals.

That is what I have heard.

If you are sick would you rather have some indications of discomfort to let you know that something is wrong? You are likely to seek medical attention if you have pain.

So why fault God if He included in his creation ways to signal to man that something is wrong when he turns his back on God?

The creation was damaged and corrupted. Probably many useful things became converted into signals to warn man that he and his creation are off.

Death is the biggest indicator. I think that the diseases and even the calamities of nature are also signs that God allowed to warn the lost humanity that something was wrong.

God is very skillful. A flood may have positive effects as well as nagative ones as well. So in the fallen world God has indicators that something has gone wrong and is not under man's dominion as it should be. Yet some of these things are not totally negative.

God is a fine tuner of His universe. At any rate, pain in your body signals to you that you need attention medically. So pain in the creation signals that Adam's departure from the Edenic will of God was not the best choice. This reminder should cause us to listen to Christ's teachings of a salvation and return to harmony with God in all aspects of existence.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:282 edits

[b]I don't look at it that way at all.

I think the two words "image" and "dominion" carry a positive connotation and a negative one. On one side man was created to express God. On t of being told the same things myself (and later figuring out why I had been told)?
    [/b]When I read stuff fuming from people like you I can only think of the passage "When a man's way brings him to ruin his heart rages against the Lord."

Chances are that you're bitter over the ruin in your life that your own decisions have wrought.

No, God did not create robots. He did not create machines in which He just pushes a botton and they love Him. It is awesome.

What I would rather consider is the plan and Person of salvation. I would spend at least equal time examining what God has gone through to save us. I think you get a warped and one sided picture if you just fuss and fume that you can't do everything you want and not come into judgment by God.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:333 edits
    away from that apple tree forever!!!

What apple tree ?

First in understanding the Bible you have to get the facts straight.
    First you have to know the facts given. Then you can go on to hopefully find the truth.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:352 edits
    [qs]
    Nor did he mention that your god *Intelligently Designed* syphillis, AIDS, small-pox etc... to punish even those who do worship him! (he even makes some of his *righteous creations* truly horrific in terms of how much pain the can inflict and the amount of bodily destruction they can bring forth) [/qs]

From what I heard years ago syphillis is a dis Christ's teachings of a salvation and return to harmony with God in all aspects of existence.
    From what I heard years ago syphillis is a disease that crossed over from animals into the human race. It was the result of people having sex with animals.

Care to provide me with some credible links that vindicate your assertion that syphillis is the result of humans getting jiggy with animals?...also, assuming (just for the sake of argument) that this is true...why didn't god say to those idiots "And thou shalt hear my words you stupid, immature and knowledgeless humans...getting thy leg over with things that have tails shall infect you with thy disease known as Syphillis...I doth know why I infected them in the first place for they do not haveth thy souls and so cannot be sinful enough to justify such plight...but you maketh sure that you keep thy thing in thy pants"

If you are sick would you rather have some indications of discomfort to let you know that something is wrong? You are likely to seek medical attention if you have pain.
    Firstly...there are some diseases he *intelligently designed* that are just lethal with no cure...others now have cures but back in the day where *medical attention* was a bit crap they didn't....yet he still made them horrific!!!
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:384 edits
    [b] away from that apple tree forever!!!

What apple tree ?

First in understanding the Bible you have to get the facts straight.
    First you have to know the facts given. Then you can go on to hopefully find the truth.[/b]
    I'm well aware that it was the tree of knowledge Jaywill...I just liked the (accepted by some) term apple tree better...care to try and rip that post to shreds some more now so that I can have some more fun with your ahem...efforts?
    (I don't believe there was any such tree actually)
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:561 edit
    When I read stuff fuming from people like you I can only think of the passage "When a man's way brings him to ruin his heart rages against the Lord."

Chances are that you're bitter over the ruin in your life that your own decisions have wrought.

No, God did not create robots. He did not create machines in which He just pushes a botton an ...[text shortened]... just fuss and fume that you can't do everything you want and not come into judgment by God.[/b]

Why must the only inference that you draw from me having reason to take the p*ss out of and rip apart religion and fairy tales be that my life is in ruins?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:582 edits
    [b]From what I heard years ago syphillis is a disease that crossed over from animals into the human race. It was the result of people having sex with animals.

Care to provide me with some credible links that vindicate your assertion that syphillis is the result of humans getting jiggy with animals?...also, assuming (just for the sake of argument) that t y where *medical attention* was a bit crap they didn't....yet he still made them horrific!!![/b]
    At this time I will not research possible links to prove that syphillis was introduced into the human species by human / animal intercourse.

It is understandable for you to insist on links. But I don't want to just put links up for one another. I could just as easily insist that you provide supporting links.

I only said that I had heard of such a theory in the past. It was included as hearsay and it remains as hearsay.

Now the creation was under Adam's deputy authority. The curse devoured the creation because of Adam's relinquishing his deputy authority assigned to him by God. Adam foolishly lost his divinely appointed deputy authority over creation and turned it and himself over to the authority of Satan.

Christ demonstrated His mastery over the Satanified creation by healing diseases, stopping the storms, stilling the destructive winds and waves, raising the dead, providing the food to those who lacked. He healed the sick. He rebuked the demonic spirits. These were the things of authority which He demonstrated that man had relinquished at the fall.

The creation groans in expectation of the revelation of the sons of God:

"For the anxious watching of the creation eagerly awaits the revelation of the sons of God. For the creation was made subject to vanity, not of its own will, but because of Him who subjected it, In hope that the creation itself will also be freed from the slavery of corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now ..." (See Romans 8:19-22)

Adam was at the pinnicale of the creation. Satan was lurking outside ready to oppose God's eternal plan. And to save himself he pre-emptively deceived man away from the obedience which man should have had towards his Creator.

Adam fell and the creation collapsed into a heap of dysfunction. The earth fell under a curse. We don't know how extensive this curse was. Perhaps it extended beyond the planet also. But while the creation is in a heap of collapse God's plan is to head it up again in Christ.

The diseases are a part of the heap of the universal collapse of creation because of the rebellion of Adam against God. The real invironmentalists are therefore those who desire to be headed up under Jesus Christ. For His salvation extends to the creation also.

If you really cared about the ravishes of disease upon mankind you would give your life over to Jesus Christ. By our wooing Him back as His Bride and Wife the creation will be freed from the corruption of Adam's turning over his deputy dominion over creation to Satan.

One day you will see that your continiued rebellion against God prolonged the ravishes of disease. Your cooperation with Christ and His kingdom will shorten the time of thier destructiveness upon our race.

So if you care for the elimination of disease, you should turn your life over to the Great Physician Jesus and pray for His speedy Second Coming. Which do you love more? Your case to accuse God? Or do you want to align yourself with His intense desire and love to save man from these misfotunes?
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 21:012 edits
    At this time I will not research possible links to prove that syphillis was introduced into the human species by human / animal intercourse.

It is understandable for you to insist on links. But I don't want to just put links up for one another. I could just as easily insist that you provide supporting links.

I only said that I had heard of such a the t to align yourself with His intense desire and love to save man from these misfotunes?
    trust me...I will be replying to this one later old bean 😛 gotta call it a day on the computer for now though
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 21:14
    [b]Chances are that you're bitter over the ruin in your life that your own decisions have wrought.

Why must the only inference that you draw from me having reason to take the p*ss out of and rip apart religion and fairy tales be that my life is in ruins?[/b]
    Ripe away.

Jesus isn't a religion. Jesus is a living Person.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 21:17
    Ripe away.

Jesus isn't a religion. Jesus is a living Person.
    Of course Jesus is not a religion (although I don't believe he's a living person). Christianity is, though.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 21:403 edits
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Of course Jesus is not a religion (although I don't believe he's a living person). Christianity is, though.
    That's right. The "anity" is a religion.

However, not to go all over the board in this one, this discussion is about the alleged mental problems of God. I don't think that the record of God's interaction with man over centries shows mental illness in God.

I don't think that in Jesus Christ I see mental illness. I think I see soberness of mind which is extraordinary. And it is more striking that Christ is presented as normality. This is what God meant for man to be.

Now I grant that some things said by Christ are unusual. But all things considered, the supporting behavior of the man Jesus does not encourage me to think that He was mentally deranged even though some things said are unusual.

I don't think anyone has established that God is psycho because there are consequences to man's chose to be in harmony with God's will or rebel against that will.

I don't think God is proved as psycho because of the steps He has taken to save man from the consequences of his wrong choice.

Lastly, though history is not easy to interpret, I don't think God's pre-knowledge or His transcendence in wisdom and foreknowledge prove Him a psycho. I can't fault God for knowing so extensively. Though He knows, many things we do not know. So we still have our sense of choices.

So to the topic heading "God must be a psycho" I respond - It hasn't been demonstrated to me that His words, thoughts, actions, plan of salvation, and expression in the incarnation of Jesus show God to be a psycho.

I think His mind is wonderful beyond our grandest dreams:

"But to Him who is able to do superabundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power which operates in us, To Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all the generations forever and ever. Amen" ( Eph. 3:20,21)

To those of us who have allowed Christ to enter into our spirit and allowed His divine power to operate within us, we find that He is able to do superabundantly beyond all that we ask or can even think. His mind and the salvation issueing from the plans of His mind are wonderful beyond all that we could hope.

The psycho is not God. And the enemy is not God.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 21:581 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I thought about the teaching of the Bible for a long long time. Eventually today this is what I notice as a summary of the divine / human relationship as seen in Genesis:

God the Creator establishes a relationship with His creature human beings.

Man is free to destroy the relationship. Man however cannot repair the relationship. God has to restore the right relationship.

Man is free to terminate the healthy relationship between himself and God. Man is not free to rejuvinate what he has destroyed. Man can destroy it. But man cannot fix it.

God has to come in to fix the relationship. What man is free to ruin he does not have the ability to fix. Once the relationship is ruined by man's choice God must come in to repair the damaged relationship.

This bothers our human pride for some reason. As far as God is concerned we would like to believe that if we terminate the normal God to man relationship we also can fix it. God however must come as the Fixer. Therefore there is the need for salvation and the rest of the Bible's unfolding of its implimentation.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 22:051 edit
    [b]Chances are that you're bitter over the ruin in your life that your own decisions have wrought.

Why must the only inference that you draw from me having reason to take the p*ss out of and rip apart religion and fairy tales be that my life is in ruins?[/b]
    Learn to drink your own medicine. Your limited inferences about God are extremly narrow based on some rather sloppy half reading of the Bible.

Want to dish it out? Want to concoct limited negative inferences about God's mind and make your strawman argument?

How's it feel to have it done to you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree