1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 03:55
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I was [b]born again before I was born.

I was chosen before the foundation of the world which means that God marked out my destiny to be a son of God before He created the universe.[/b]
    I was brought up in a family of a theologically liberal minister. He exposed us to the gospel. But he did not force it upon us.

I knew the Lord personally as a youngster. But through my highschool and cearly college years I totally blacked out on Jesus. I could not remember a thing. I persued Zen, Rosecrucian philosophy, and anything BUT Christianity for some years. I was agnostic for a time. I was pantheistic for a time. And for a time "I had my own religion, you see?"

Eventually, God had mercy upon me and the lights came on again in my heart. The prayers of a particular person, and perhaps more than one, caused me to awaken again to Who Christ was in the early 70s.
  2. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 04:29
    I don't know about cool.

But it is a welcomed changed to the lost sense of the modern man who knows not where he came from or why he is here.

It is not knowledge for an elite few, you should know. This revelation is right there in the Bible for everyone to read and believe and enjoy.
    wtf are you talking about?

Is it that you are so old that l cannot garnish commonsense from your words? Dost thou speaketh in an old mans tongue?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 04:33
    Originally posted by nook7
    wtf are you talking about?

Is it that you are so old that l cannot garnish commonsense from your words? Dost thou speaketh in an old mans tongue?
    Break it down into short phrases and concentrate. I'm confident you'll get my meaning.
  4. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 04:37
    Break it down into short phrases and concentrate. I'm confident you'll get my meaning.
    um ok, answer the question.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 11:45
    um ok, answer the question.
    Above, four posts. I answered the question in a clearer way for you.

See above about my father and school years. If that is still not clear explain why and I'll try to help you further to understand my experience.
  6. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 00:33
    l understand what you are talking about with your earlier posts (before mine) however you have not answered my question nor replied to my comment about your age.

If you are not baptist then you aint going to heaven (and l dont mean those evil Southern baptists) my Grandfather who preached for 60 years said that - so all you other born again protestants and especially you Catholics (or idol worshippers as he referred to them) are hell bound.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 01:52
    I was chosen before the foundation of the world which means that God marked out my destiny to be a son of God before He created the universe.
    Two posts later you wrote: "It is not knowledge for an elite few, you should know. This revelation is right there in the Bible for everyone to read and believe and enjoy."

Isn't that a contradiction? What about those who were not chosen before the foundation of the world? Maybe they could still read and believe, but if they know they are not chosen, I doubt they would enjoy it.
  8. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 02:01
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Two posts later you wrote: "It is not knowledge for an elite few, you should know. This revelation is right there in the Bible for everyone to read and believe and enjoy."

Isn't that a contradiction? What about those who were not chosen before the foundation of the world? Maybe they could still read and believe, but if they know they are not chosen, I doubt they would enjoy it.
    Nordly-chan, ano hito no atama wa warui, mo baka na hito.
    Ore wa mendokusai , kore no forum wa totemo sumanai.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 02:12
    Hontô nê!
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 08:352 edits
    Originally posted by Nordlys

One view of predestination is "me" centered. The other view of it is "Christ" centered.

When I say I was chosen before the foundation of the world, I am speaking not in a "me" centered" predestination but a "Christ" centered predestination. That is because the verse says that the believers were chosen "in Him", meaning Christ, before the foundation of the world:

"Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love" (Eph. 1:4)

All I know is that in the realm and sphere of Christ - "in Him" I was chosen before the creation of the universe to be holy and without blemish before God in love.

Outside of the sphere and realm of Christ no one has any idea of whether they are chosen or not. Once you are inside the realm and sphere of Christ you realize that you were chosen "in Him" before you were born.

This is somewhat of a paradox. And I don't pretend to be able to explain all the workings of God's infinite transcendence over time as we sense it. This aspect of salvation is just something I accept as coming along with a God who transcends time.

But to any typical listener to the gospel, he or she knows nothing. Except that they know the gracious offer to be saved is being extended to them by a loving heavenly Father.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 08:551 edit
    l understand what you are talking about with your earlier posts (before mine) however you have not answered my question nor replied to my comment about your age.

If you are not baptist then you aint going to heaven (and l dont mean those evil Southern baptists) my Grandfather who preached for 60 years said that - so all you other born again protestants and especially you Catholics (or idol worshippers as he referred to them) are hell bound.
    The eternal destiny of the saved is symbolically portrayed in the 21st and 22nd chapter of Revelation. The city New Jerusalem is seen coming down out of heaven from God.

I do not want to go to heaven forever if the New Jerusalem is coming down out of heaven from God. I want to be in the New Jerusalem. So all this talk about "going to heaven" misses the point of the Bible.

New Jerusalem is the enlargement of Christ. This means that God has dispensed Himself into myriads of human beings so that the one Son of God has been mass-produced into many sons of God. God dispenses Himself into man. God imparts Himself into man. God infuses and transfuses His life and nature into a "city" of a great multitude of rredeemed, regenerated, sanctified, transformed, conformed, resurrected, glorified, and deified people.

New Jerusalem is the corporate expression of God mingled with humanity/ What Christ the Son is becomes what the city is - the uniting of divinity and humanity. This is the "sonship" spoken of as assigned to the redeemed before the foundation of the world:

"Predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself ..." (Eph. 1:5)

"Sonship" is a matter of receiving into our being the life of God. We should not think of salvation as merely agreement with a certain set of doctrines. Rather it is a receiving of God's life dispensed into man through His Spirit. Sons of God will come from many different quarters of Christianity. Sons of God may have had some extra more or less bad teachings in addition. But the crucial thing is whether or not the life of Christ was imparted into them by their receiving the Person of the Lord Jesus.

At any rate salvation is just the Person of Jesus. And we should come to Christ realizing that above all He is a living Person.
  12. Joined
    21 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 10:59
    Ore wa mendokusai , kore no forum wa totemo sumanai.
    Honi soit qui mal y pense!
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 11:361 edit
    Hehe you just chunner on Jaywill...my last long post asserted that your god is not only psycho, but that he is stupid too! I was enjoying this debate until you gave up 😞
  14. Joined
    02 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 15:09
    Originally posted by hafsbw
    Because:
    - He made us in his own image but we are still imperfect and born in sin.

- We are not wordy to be HIS only Sons/Daughters only Jesus is but we pose such a threat to his existence (maybe we are just too embarrassing) that he sends his ONLY son to die for our sins; for the ones he has no respect for (btw... with Jesus dead we are still born in sin ...[text shortened]... pect yours (well I might mock you once in a while like right now) and do as I choose. Thank you.
    Dear Mr. H

I would like to comment that God is a gentleman. He said for you to choose ye this day who you will serve but for the "record so to speak" choose life choose Him. That didn't mean you had to or anything.
    How He does things is just how He does. You remember that old song, "It's Like That and Thats the Way It Is".

Pearlie
    🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree