1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 17:05
    Originally posted by JonoKyle
    The jews really aren't the issue I have here. I don't disagree with you about the Jews, but what I was trying to find opinions on is why God appears to radically change in character between the OT and the NT.
    i cant answer your question but what i've never understood is why 2000+ years ago we have plagues, burning bushes, parting seas, we even had god's son.... it's certainly been quiet recently
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 22:39
    Originally posted by rwingett
    So items which are in harmony with god and the bible are correctly understood by humans, but items which seem to contradict god and the bible are merely limitations to our understanding. Nifty how that works.
    Aint it though?!
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 15:58
    Originally posted by JonoKyle
    Take note, I'm not out to prove or disprove anyone's beliefs here, I'm simply asking a question that I'm hoping to get more intelligent responses to than I sometimes can get from the people in my community.

To me, the God of the Old Testament (OT) seems so very, very different to the God of the New Testament (NT). A couple of reasons being:

1) His com ...[text shortened]... ing to understand this myself. I am a Theist, but one with so very, very many questions.
    He was doing different things during the two time frames, in the OT
    He was working to get to the things He did in the NT. It isn't that He
    is different, it is what was required to be done, and what was done.
    Kelly
  4. Maryland
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 23:08
    It's much more rational to be an atheist.Try it, things will make more sense.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '08 08:36
    Originally posted by 667joe
    It's much more rational to be an atheist.Try it, things will make more sense.
    No thank you, nothing there.
    Kelly
  6. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '08 10:283 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No thank you, nothing there.
    Kelly
    I am just curious: what do you mean by “nothing there”? do you simply mean that there is “no belief in god there“?

If so, that’s the whole point of atheism because you don’t need “anything there“! And, I would agree with 667joe, assuming that “no belief in god there“ does make everything make more sense. That’s partly because "gods" or "god" is an unnecessary hypothesis to explain any observable phenomenon.

But if this is not what you mean by “nothing there”, than exactly what do you mean by “nothing there”?
    -I mean, exactly what is it that “isn’t there“?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree