God on Trial

God on Trial

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Sep 16

Originally posted by chaney3
I just talked to a Jewish man on this issue...
That's quite a coincidence; what was his name?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Sep 16

Originally posted by divegeester
That's quite a coincidence; what was his name?
Psst Chaney, say Woody Allen.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
17 Sep 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Like said I you don't who are talking about.
If the charges don't apply to your understanding of your god, you would have said so. The charges include a couple of conditionals which make it easy to find some loopholes. But your response looks like you put your fingers in your ears and chant lalala.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Sep 16
1 edit

Why can't people of faith just admit is was wrong?

Why not KJ? God was clearly wrong.

Why must you defend Him?
Wrong how? Doing what He wills with His own? The universe He created was very good
and we brought evil into it and you don't like the results and wish to blame God? He saves
us by using us and you'd rather He just condemn the whole race and not save us?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
19 Sep 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Wrong how? Doing what He wills with His own? The universe He created was very good
and we brought evil into it and you don't like the results and wish to blame God? He saves
us by using us and you'd rather He just condemn the whole race and not save us?
I gather that you have no intention of denying the charges against your client. You do not claim that God does not damn souls to eternal torment for failing to believe He exists or for failing to believe that Jesus died to atone for their sins. Correct?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by apathist
I gather that you have no intention of denying the charges against your client. You do not claim that God does not damn souls to eternal torment for failing to believe He exists or for failing to believe that Jesus died to atone for their sins. Correct?
Well, hey, it's because this is not a credible "trial".

It's just a few ignorant people saying ignorant things.

We've had this fight before. Numerous times. People are still ignorant.

F

Moves
19 Sep 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Well, hey, it's because this is not a credible "trial".

It's just a few ignorant people saying ignorant things.

We've had this fight before. Numerous times. People are still ignorant.
With argumentation like this, you wouldn't be kept on retainer long by the defendant in this case.

Moves
19 Sep 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Psst Chaney, say Woody Allen.
I say he made it up 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Sep 16

Originally posted by apathist
God will send sinners into Hell, the salvation offered by God is either accepted or not, if
not then you'll stand before God in your sins and will answer for every idle word, every
deed done and not done when you lived here. If Hell is your fate due to those, than Hell
is your fate.

c

Moves
19 Sep 16

I say he made it up 🙂
My friend's name is Shalom.

c

Moves
19 Sep 16

I say he made it up 🙂
The irony of my discussions with Shalom are, that he only focuses on the actual 'exodus', and gives little thought to the plague of passover. Despite the holiday's implications.

They seem to ignore the 'nuisance' of the dead children to interfere with their exodus celebration, despite the name of such holiday.."Passover".

c

Moves
19 Sep 16

This issue should not be brushed under the rug. God unleashed 10 plagues upon an innocent population, who knew nothing of the drama unfolding between Moses and Pharoah.

Why is this okay? Why do the Jews of today celebrate this calamity as alright?

God himself killed countless children that night.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Sep 16
2 edits

The irony of my discussions with Shalom are, that he only focuses on the actual 'exodus', and gives little thought to the plague of passover. Despite the holiday's implications.

They seem to ignore the 'nuisance' of the dead children to interfere with their exodus celebration, despite the name of such holiday.."Passover".
With respect sir, I don't think you can move from you discussion with Steven (I mean Shalom) where "he only focuses" to then saying "they seem to ignore."

Stuart (I mean Shalom) doesn't speak for Judaism.

c

Moves
19 Sep 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
With respect sir, I don't think you can can move from you discussion with Steven (I mean Shalom) where "he only focuses" to then saying "they seem to ignore."

Stuart (I mean Shalom) doesn't speak for Judaism.
Ghost, kidding aside. They ignore much to celebrate Passover. I have listed reasons why.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Sep 16

Ghost, kidding aside. They ignore much to celebrate Passover. I have listed reasons why.
But you accept Shalom doesn't speak for Judaism?

So who are 'they' and where is you evidence for your statement?